Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: P47-D Razorback and Bubble Canopy Cockpits Version 3.14  (Read 58412 times)

Poncho

• Modder
Re: P47-D Razorback and Bubble Canopy Cockpits Version 3.14
« Reply #120 on: February 01, 2018, 09:00:50 AM »

I have posted a download link for my updated cockpits. Please consider this as a Beta version until I can figure out how to make it play nice with other Late-P47 mods.

Poncho

karo

« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2018, 10:55:40 AM »

Thanks Poncho for the link of a beta version of your cockpits to download!
It is very nice and eye-candy! Lots of new details and improved textures. You gave us a new quality ;)

I put it to the test with my HSFX 7. I havn't got any problems with the compatibility of it with my version of the game. Unfortunately I noticed some other problems:
1. First of all, thanks that you improved the working of Manifold Pressure Gauge. Is works better than it was befor, but still not 100% correct. I wonder, why you decided to stop in a "half way"? For example, the needle of the gauge drops only to 22 (at idle), not to 10 or 15 (see the movies, my last post)...
2. 66% of the avaliable engine power should be located at 35 MPG (like it is on other planes with the same engine in the game: F6F or F4U), but you gave it only 56% :( I know that it is not important for somebody, who plays the game with text messages turned on, but I fly without them, so the correct working of all basic gauges is very important for me.
3. There is a terrible looking hole between glass and a canopy bar in the Razorback cockpit. It is less visable with your glass texture, but if somebody replaces it with own glass texture, the hole becomes a very annoying thing :( I prefer to fly with my own glass texture (dirty, less transparent), so I hope you will fix it soon ;)           

Regards     

Poncho

• Modder
« Reply #122 on: February 09, 2018, 08:07:36 AM »

Hello Karo,

Thanks for troubleshooting the model. The actual manifold pressure readings come from the flight model, which I don't have access to. Within the cockpit file, where I live, I can tweak the how the gauge reports these numbers to some extent. But the mostly gauge formulas in the cockpit file respond in a linear way. I can set the minimum and maximum gauge deflection but in between the numbers that are fed in by the fight model are what they are. I have tried using the same gage numbers as the hellcat and corsair and it doesn't correct your concern. The fact that the P47 has a turbocharger in addition to the supercharger does allow for higher mp generally than F6 and F4U. As a result any over report of MP in the mid and low range will probably be more exaggerated.

Regarding the power output, can't you just set power to 66% and prop pitch the rpm down to get 35" mp?  .......never mind, just tried that.  You're right it's too far off. :(

Regarding the glass texture issue, I think I have a fix for that.

But for the short term you can look in the P-47D10 cockpit folder. Find the frame1.mat file. Change the last term from tfNoWritez=1 to tfNoWritez=0

I think that will help.

Thanks for your report.

Poncho

karo

« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2018, 04:47:14 AM »

The actual manifold pressure readings come from the flight model, which I don't have access to. Within the cockpit file, where I live, I can tweak the how the gauge reports these numbers to some extent. But the mostly gauge formulas in the cockpit file respond in a linear way. I can set the minimum and maximum gauge deflection but in between the numbers that are fed in by the fight model are what they are. I have tried using the same gage numbers as the hellcat and corsair and it doesn't correct your concern. The fact that the P47 has a turbocharger in addition to the supercharger does allow for higher mp generally than F6 and F4U. As a result any over report of MP in the mid and low range will probably be more exaggerated.
OK, I understand. Anyway I think that the minimum MPG value should be located around 15 than 22. IMHO it would solve all problems with the gauge ;)

Regarding the glass texture issue, I think I have a fix for that.

But for the short term you can look in the P-47D10 cockpit folder. Find the frame1.mat file. Change the last term from tfNoWritez=1 to tfNoWritez=0

I think that will help.
I tried to do that... unfortunately it didn't help :(
Later I will take a picture of it, so you will see what I mean.     

Thanks for your report.
No problem my friend. At your service ;)

karo

« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2018, 09:36:17 AM »

Ok, at last I've found some time to play il2 and to fulfill my promise given to Poncho (sorry, but I was extremly busy last 3 weeks at my work :(
I took some pictures, those show the gap problem between glass nad canopy bars (marked with red awful arrows ;) ).
I hope you will fix them soon Poncho.
Good luck! ;)   

https://ibb.co/cbVKSx
https://ibb.co/nnrhfH
https://ibb.co/dBUPuc
https://ibb.co/jOdv0H
https://ibb.co/isMF0H
https://ibb.co/euwhfH

Poncho

• Modder
« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2018, 09:18:16 AM »

Hello Karo,

When I was checking on the glass texture issue you brought to my attention earlier, I did notice those same defects. They have been fixed for the next release. I had neglected glass texturing in the past, so I took a stab at redesigning the glass.tga for the next release, so we will see.

Also, I added a power output term to MP gauge statement in the class file that seems to bring readings closer to RL observations.

To all:

Coming shortly I will be putting up a links for 2  P47 cockpits options.

Option 1: will be the improved version of the current P47 cockpit mod. You might prefer this if you are using other standalone P47 mods like Kumpel's P47D-30 and P47-40.     

Option 2: is a revamped Jugs Reloaded Mod originally developed by SAS~Storbror, This option will apply updated pits to all P47 models included in the game. P47B-1, P47B-15, P47B-DT, P47C-5, P47D-10, P47D-22, P47D-27, P47D-Late, P47D-30, P47D-40,
Thunderbolt MkI, Thunderbolt MkII, Thunderbolt MkII_late, P47M, and P47N-15.

Both of the Mods are ready I think, but I want to run them through some test missions first.

Poncho

karo

« Reply #126 on: March 20, 2018, 09:31:13 AM »

Hi Poncho!
It is very nice to read your last post (lots of good news) ;D I can not wait for the next update of your outstanding P-47 cockpits ;)

karo

« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2018, 06:35:13 AM »

3 weeks are gone and no news, no updated links... Dear Poncho, you force us to wait for that improved version of a cockpit a very long time. Is there any problem? :(

Poncho

• Modder
« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2020, 11:31:58 AM »

I know , this has been a ridiculous amount of time, but I am back. I have been flying a bunch of campaigns and tweaking things in the cockpit that offended me. I didn't mean to put this off for so long. Link for the latest version is up. This will be the final version unless major problems turn up. Thanks for your patience.

Ponch

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
« Reply #129 on: January 21, 2020, 02:28:41 AM »

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :-*
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #130 on: January 21, 2020, 12:02:26 PM »

Thank you for your hard work. I wanted to let you know of a bug I have found in my BAT Blitz install.

Without your update...

With your update.....

It's not only with rockets but it is with the other load outs as well.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Poncho

• Modder
« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2020, 07:54:32 PM »

Bombsaway,

I will have to check this out. I'm ashamed to say I don't have any BAT expansion packs installed yet. I will have to get up to date and check this out. So I am clear, is this bug happening with the P47 cockpit mod here, or with the Jugs reloaded v2.0 mod?

Poncho
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 28 queries.