Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: P47-D Razorback and Bubble Canopy Cockpits Version 3.14  (Read 30171 times)

Poncho

• Modder
Re: P47-D Razorback and Bubble Canopy Cockpits Version 3.14
« Reply #120 on: February 01, 2018, 09:00:50 AM »

I have posted a download link for my updated cockpits. Please consider this as a Beta version until I can figure out how to make it play nice with other Late-P47 mods.

Poncho

karo

« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2018, 10:55:40 AM »

Thanks Poncho for the link of a beta version of your cockpits to download!
It is very nice and eye-candy! Lots of new details and improved textures. You gave us a new quality ;)

I put it to the test with my HSFX 7. I havn't got any problems with the compatibility of it with my version of the game. Unfortunately I noticed some other problems:
1. First of all, thanks that you improved the working of Manifold Pressure Gauge. Is works better than it was befor, but still not 100% correct. I wonder, why you decided to stop in a "half way"? For example, the needle of the gauge drops only to 22 (at idle), not to 10 or 15 (see the movies, my last post)...
2. 66% of the avaliable engine power should be located at 35 MPG (like it is on other planes with the same engine in the game: F6F or F4U), but you gave it only 56% :( I know that it is not important for somebody, who plays the game with text messages turned on, but I fly without them, so the correct working of all basic gauges is very important for me.
3. There is a terrible looking hole between glass and a canopy bar in the Razorback cockpit. It is less visable with your glass texture, but if somebody replaces it with own glass texture, the hole becomes a very annoying thing :( I prefer to fly with my own glass texture (dirty, less transparent), so I hope you will fix it soon ;)           

Regards     

Poncho

• Modder
« Reply #122 on: February 09, 2018, 08:07:36 AM »

Hello Karo,

Thanks for troubleshooting the model. The actual manifold pressure readings come from the flight model, which I don't have access to. Within the cockpit file, where I live, I can tweak the how the gauge reports these numbers to some extent. But the mostly gauge formulas in the cockpit file respond in a linear way. I can set the minimum and maximum gauge deflection but in between the numbers that are fed in by the fight model are what they are. I have tried using the same gage numbers as the hellcat and corsair and it doesn't correct your concern. The fact that the P47 has a turbocharger in addition to the supercharger does allow for higher mp generally than F6 and F4U. As a result any over report of MP in the mid and low range will probably be more exaggerated.

Regarding the power output, can't you just set power to 66% and prop pitch the rpm down to get 35" mp?  .......never mind, just tried that.  You're right it's too far off. :(

Regarding the glass texture issue, I think I have a fix for that.

But for the short term you can look in the P-47D10 cockpit folder. Find the frame1.mat file. Change the last term from tfNoWritez=1 to tfNoWritez=0

I think that will help.

Thanks for your report.

Poncho

karo

« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2018, 04:47:14 AM »

The actual manifold pressure readings come from the flight model, which I don't have access to. Within the cockpit file, where I live, I can tweak the how the gauge reports these numbers to some extent. But the mostly gauge formulas in the cockpit file respond in a linear way. I can set the minimum and maximum gauge deflection but in between the numbers that are fed in by the fight model are what they are. I have tried using the same gage numbers as the hellcat and corsair and it doesn't correct your concern. The fact that the P47 has a turbocharger in addition to the supercharger does allow for higher mp generally than F6 and F4U. As a result any over report of MP in the mid and low range will probably be more exaggerated.
OK, I understand. Anyway I think that the minimum MPG value should be located around 15 than 22. IMHO it would solve all problems with the gauge ;)

Regarding the glass texture issue, I think I have a fix for that.

But for the short term you can look in the P-47D10 cockpit folder. Find the frame1.mat file. Change the last term from tfNoWritez=1 to tfNoWritez=0

I think that will help.
I tried to do that... unfortunately it didn't help :(
Later I will take a picture of it, so you will see what I mean.     

Thanks for your report.
No problem my friend. At your service ;)

karo

« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2018, 09:36:17 AM »

Ok, at last I've found some time to play il2 and to fulfill my promise given to Poncho (sorry, but I was extremly busy last 3 weeks at my work :(
I took some pictures, those show the gap problem between glass nad canopy bars (marked with red awful arrows ;) ).
I hope you will fix them soon Poncho.
Good luck! ;)   

https://ibb.co/cbVKSx
https://ibb.co/nnrhfH
https://ibb.co/dBUPuc
https://ibb.co/jOdv0H
https://ibb.co/isMF0H
https://ibb.co/euwhfH

Poncho

• Modder
« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2018, 09:18:16 AM »

Hello Karo,

When I was checking on the glass texture issue you brought to my attention earlier, I did notice those same defects. They have been fixed for the next release. I had neglected glass texturing in the past, so I took a stab at redesigning the glass.tga for the next release, so we will see.

Also, I added a power output term to MP gauge statement in the class file that seems to bring readings closer to RL observations.

To all:

Coming shortly I will be putting up a links for 2  P47 cockpits options.

Option 1: will be the improved version of the current P47 cockpit mod. You might prefer this if you are using other standalone P47 mods like Kumpel's P47D-30 and P47-40.     

Option 2: is a revamped Jugs Reloaded Mod originally developed by SAS~Storbror, This option will apply updated pits to all P47 models included in the game. P47B-1, P47B-15, P47B-DT, P47C-5, P47D-10, P47D-22, P47D-27, P47D-Late, P47D-30, P47D-40,
Thunderbolt MkI, Thunderbolt MkII, Thunderbolt MkII_late, P47M, and P47N-15.

Both of the Mods are ready I think, but I want to run them through some test missions first.

Poncho

karo

« Reply #126 on: March 20, 2018, 09:31:13 AM »

Hi Poncho!
It is very nice to read your last post (lots of good news) ;D I can not wait for the next update of your outstanding P-47 cockpits ;)

karo

« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2018, 06:35:13 AM »

3 weeks are gone and no news, no updated links... Dear Poncho, you force us to wait for that improved version of a cockpit a very long time. Is there any problem? :(
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 26 queries.