Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: The New Falklands/Malvinas Map.  (Read 32318 times)

tomifel

Re: The New Falklands/Malvinas Map.
« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2018, 06:33:08 PM »

In QMB you need to save the Mission with the name of the map. Such as  BA_Falkland_MalvinasRedScramble01.
If it won't save then you need to find out what object you are missing.

Is in FMB not QMB....I think I did something wrong when I installed the map 'cause with other maps that comes by default I have no problem

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2018, 08:12:32 PM »

This map looks many objects and textures borrowed from elder maps or Object packs.
But no listed up what maps or object packs are used.
No information in the 1st post for standalone game players what related mods / maps to be installed.
Only reading and following the 1st post, never success about standalone games.

I think .....
The time of downloading and installing B.A.T. and updating to latest patch v3.3 Pathfinder ...... is much shorter than .....
the time of searching and collecting and installing all required objects / maps to make this map working correctly on a standalone game.

<Gunny>

« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2018, 08:22:28 PM »

I have this map installed in 4.12.2+ ModAct 5.3 and it works fine...
I do have all of Boomers object and textures installed.

FlyingPig73

« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2018, 05:59:33 PM »

I am running IL2 1946 in version 4.12.2m with VP Modpack and the Jetwar addon.

I followed the instructions to install the Falkland map:

1- Place the BA_Falklands_Malvinas folder in your maps folder.

2- Place the BA_FalkMal folder in your _tex folder.

3- Add the all.ini entry to your all.ini in your maps folder.

4- Place the 3do folder in your MapMods "#DBW/MapMods/" folder so you will have two folders in there. The 3do folder ann the Maps folder.

5- Add the static.ini entry to your static.ini. Do a search in the static .ini for PCPPlate and place the new entry under that one.

However, in the game it will only appear in the Full Mission Builder if I am using the VP Modpack.

If I run the Jetwar addon, the map will simply not appear in the map list and never shows up in the Quick Mission Builder.

Any idea how this can be fixed?  :(

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2018, 06:39:58 AM »

Maps not appearing in Quick Mission builder is simple:  missions in there are not maps although grouped as maps in their titles: they are special missions made for that map and for quick use.

So adding a new map does not produce these Quick missions.

I went to post 1 and found that this is an UPDATE to an existing map, plus new metal plates objects, and penguins object.
I do not see any entries for steps 3 and 5. in the UPDATE download.

If you already have the original map, then the update is fine. If not install map THEN update:

OK Map is available in first post below "90%".        #dbw proposed is obsolete; think of it as your vp mod file; anyway, mapmods file is inside it.

1- u must have the map installed.
2- u update the map.

Note that missing objects prevent maps from saving. All objects are needed otherwise maps shows but do not save as missions.

3- I made a simple basic mission NONE and copied it 18 times. ( Note 2 of them are just demo ).

Download 16 + 2 QUICK MISSIONS fakes for the Falklans:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/cau4jkcmxf44a2u/BA_Malvinas_BasicTestMissions.7z/file

4- You can edit missions as you wish and save; delete resulting properties files.

5- rules: do not change missions names; do not change flights names. One missing flight becomes a bug.
    Do not select new specific aircrafts in FMB: these must remain blue or red generics and be all the same, as provided.
    U can select any aircrafts in QMB proper, as usual.

update: way to go is to add take-off way points, landing way points, bombing of targets if required: all according to the type of mission's needs.
However if you select all flights to ground attack, this will curtail air to air combat. I humbly suggest to assign bombing to flights 2-1 to 2-4 and
air combat to 1-1 to 1-4, althought you will also consider flight 1-1 of your player at times, as U also will want to engage in some form of serious
groud attack missions yourself. It is possible to be more offensive or defensive per side ( red versus blue ). Populate the mission for targets ( like ships ).
You can edit speed, altitude and formation at waypoints, as well as type of landings. I found setting altitude is useless, because altitude is set in QMB,
but speed will be vitally important to jets, while disliked by slower oldies revving and trembling at high speeds.

FlyingPig73

« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2018, 08:40:26 AM »

Ok, noted.

But where is the original map available if not in this post?

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2018, 09:10:45 AM »

It is in Post 1. My bad. I have edited my post : search "90%" in first post and it is just below.

May be you have it already. After, you install the penguins and next you update the install with update download.

I have edited my post and added fake missions, making "map" appear in QMB.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 24 queries.