Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: The New Falklands/Malvinas Map.  (Read 32314 times)

SAS~GJE52

• Editor
  • Orchard Studios
Re: The New Falklands/Malvinas Map.
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2012, 08:41:56 AM »

San Carlos Water

;)

G;
Do not criticise a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes...  Then you can call him what you like, as you have his shoes ... and he is a mile away......

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2012, 04:36:08 AM »

Nice Pic GJE 52  ;) :)

Wonder if anyone is working on an exorset anti shipping missle?

It would  really really suit your L-159F  :D

kirby

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2012, 09:04:03 AM »

Off topic (excuses.. :-[ )
Does anyone know if there is an L-39 version out with own pit?
I tried to install GJE52's latest mod, but assume I missed something since it crashed.
Anyway, my only point is the pits as I sort of am a cockpit nerd so I never fly planes without their own pits and no, no intention to blow this off-topic and yes, I cannot mod sht with 3D, so this is only a humble question since I love the look of the various L-39 versions. :)
Kudos to all 3D guys-really.

And Mark, of course I like the map, installed it in DBW and Histo, assume I'll even like the bigger map more since I like long trips. :)
The texturing is 1st class!

Off topic off.. :D

Baco

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2012, 01:59:17 PM »

Well the original size.. it´s 1.2. I was planing a 1.1 but then I wondered who would actually fluy 90 minutes to traget and 90 back, so I went with 1.2 and played with the distance to the islands, so the Land is actually 1.2 in size but the islands are a lot closer to the continent than in reality. Still its a good 30 min from a continental base to the islands, from either Rio Gallegos or San Julian doing arround 350kph.. Now with Modern Jets you might cruise at 600 knots an have a good 15 min to the islands still.
I also broght the Georgias a big deal closer than in real life.. in reality, the Georgias could be consider  atotally different Theater of operations... And of course brough Antartida closer too, so you dont have to sit 180 minutes to get there, even at 1.2 scale.. Again it takes for ever to get there in a DC 3 (C  47) jejejeje... The Airforce actually hada C 47s flown to marambio At Antartitda.... Now That did require a pair of brass ones..  Still we onlly lost one neptune on Antartic operations....

if you like chalenges, try a dead recon flight from Usuahia to Marambio or The chilean Airstrip at king George island...

juanmalapuente

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2012, 02:10:50 PM »

It's clear that this kind of map is to enjoy simply flying. But you still can have some jet action over the Islands.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2012, 02:13:06 PM »

Absolutely gorgeous Mark, the texturing is truly stunning. 8)  Thank you very much for this I look forward to the re-work of the larger map as well. :)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2012, 02:14:12 PM »

Thank you Pete. I am still working on the larger map. I hope to have it done soon. :)
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2012, 08:00:00 PM »

This map is now my official high speed fighter plane South Atlantic theatre test pilot map.  :D 

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2012, 09:10:02 PM »

I would like to ask you guys one thing... do you see any tile effect? I need to know because I worked my tail off to get rid of that and need your resonse to find any problems that I can work on for the other map and future projects. I'm not trying for a pat on the back. I really want to improve the work.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

crazyeddie

• Modder
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2012, 05:37:51 AM »

Great map. 

When flying over South Georgia just turn your weather down to maximum nasty and you will be near as you can get to a good day on the islands. Rain, Hail, Snow, vis down to zero, sea state violent, more rain and extra snow with lumpy bits in it, on the good days.

The snow cover on the ground is probably a little bit thicker than shown on the map but I would not change that any more, it looks good and with weather settings on lowest it works just fine.

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2012, 06:45:29 AM »

I would like to ask you guys one thing... do you see any tile effect? I need to know because I worked my tail off to get rid of that and need your resonse to find any problems that I can work on for the other map and future projects. I'm not trying for a pat on the back. I really want to improve the work.

Not so far Mark. :)

RedSpade

• Thankful to all modders
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2012, 07:56:08 AM »

I have one complaint about the South Georgia portion of this map.  Try as I might, I can't find one damn penguin!  The trailers for this project lead me to believe that there would be plenty of penguins!  LOL.    I've been enjoying this map.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 23 queries.