Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Full Monty  (Read 310078 times)

chupag72

Re: The Full Monty
« Reply #1104 on: June 11, 2013, 12:58:11 PM »

Greetings! Thanks for Simon and the modders for all of their hard work!!!

I'm having a bit of a problem. I had had Monty 1 - 20 installed and all was working fine. I installed 21 - 27 and got the 70% CTD when the game was loading. I removed (this was all via JSGME) 22 - 27 and the game loads fine. With Monty 22 when I extracted the 2nd of the two files I got the error message (using WinRAR) about the corrupt tga file. As one of the previous posters had mentioned, I used the work around of manually installing the Battle of Moscow maps before loading Monty 22. Looking at the information regarding file size on the first page of this thread, I see that Monty 22 is supposed to be 726 Mb. My extracted file folder is 722 Mb. Also Monty 24 is supposed to be 346 Mb, but my folder is 525 Mb (!). I suspect the my particular problem lies within Monty 22 and/or 24. Any suggestions? I've already re-downloaded them and re-extracted them, but the result was the same.

Cheers,
Scott

The problem is in the Monti 24. Mod AIR_He-111-h22 in the class file EEBBE344D2C2A05A. Download mod AIR_He-111-pack_ver9.6 and all adjacent files . My problem was resolved. Now all works well. I though the problem of the La-5-LA7. the game at low altitudes terribly slow. In other aircraft of this effect is not observed.

kpn.kardif

« Reply #1105 on: June 11, 2013, 02:02:32 PM »

Your absolutely right, Simon.  This is the exact reason to stick with jsgme instead of doing it manually.  Unfortunately patience was never really my strong suit  :-[.  I'm happy with my install as it is now, so I'm not going to mess with it further.

Flugkapitan, I don't know if you need to install Monty22 if you've installed the map manually.  Wouldn't that basically be doing the same thing twice, two different ways?  I installed the BoM map manually and then skipped from Monty 21 to Monty 23.  You might try taking out part 22 and see if that helps you out.   

flugkapitan

« Reply #1106 on: June 11, 2013, 03:59:25 PM »

Thanks for the replies! I'll try skipping 22 and going to 23. Does 23 have to be renumbered as 22, so everything is in sequence? I'll also try to find the Heinkel download.

Cheers,
Scott

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #1107 on: June 11, 2013, 05:39:52 PM »

Thanks for the replies! I'll try skipping 22 and going to 23. Does 23 have to be renumbered as 22, so everything is in sequence? I'll also try to find the Heinkel download.

Cheers,
Scott
@ Scott - NO!  I will take another look at #22 upload though, but that one can go in any order.
@ Chupag72 - Thanks for the 'heads up' Chupag.  There has indeed been an update to the He-111 Flying bomb set, although this is not a major issue.  The older version works fine and does not have any adverse effects as far as I can determine. 

The new mission types are great, I will be releasing some new ones soon, bombing Britain from bases in the Netherlands.  Will put the He-111 update + just a few more goodies in #DBW Monty-28 shortly... ;D

flugkapitan

« Reply #1108 on: June 11, 2013, 06:23:11 PM »

Thank you, Monty!!!

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #1109 on: June 12, 2013, 10:34:27 AM »

just a quick heads up: if you use the mentioned "patch" for using Tigers sounds, you might end up with a crashing sim when also using Gurners FX;
at least on my install, renaming the two directorys for Tigers sound mod and the engine mod makes my install crash when also using Gurners FX; when planes crash, the moment the sim displays "Enemy Aircraft Destroyed" and before any explosion sound can be heard, I get a clean CTD;
leaving the original names for the two directories does not create this problem;
I suspect renaming the dir with Gurners FX so that it loads before Tiger´s stuff and the engine mod could solve that problem but I have not tested this;

Kronebone

« Reply #1110 on: June 12, 2013, 06:24:25 PM »

Yeah my game seems to be crashing whenever an enemy plane goes down, never had any issues on my end and everything has always been maintained and in working order. This seems to happen after patch-25 as others have been experiencing as well. I will continue to find a way around this, but hope a solution will pop up in due time.

chupag72

« Reply #1111 on: June 13, 2013, 01:04:30 PM »

Dear Monty how you can disable the mod SAS Engine Mod v2.6? I have this mod causes a drop in FPS on the aircraft of the La-5 - La-7 in a simple editor

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #1112 on: June 16, 2013, 02:54:48 AM »

Hi Chupag, you could roll-back to Monty-20, but most of the new aircraft featured later than that need the engine mod.

chupag72

« Reply #1113 on: June 16, 2013, 08:15:36 AM »

Dear Monti package rollback 20 nothing gave. Departure to 70 %

telephono

« Reply #1114 on: June 16, 2013, 09:49:22 AM »

As Michael Caine is apt to say, casually leaning over the cockpit of his Spit to watch another 109 bite the dust, "Bloody Marvelous!"

Thank you Bravo and community, for the Tiger33's soundfix!  As he said:

TFM TIGER33 SOUNDFIX
To be applied after install of #DBW Monty-27

Sound issues with later effects.
For those experiencing the repeating startup sound issue in TFM it is due to _0_0TigersSOUNDSforDBW which must be made to load BEFORE !#SAS_Engine_Mod_4101m_v26.

Go into your main #DBW folder and:

Rename _0_0TigersSOUNDSforDBW  to  !_0_0TigersSOUNDSforDBW
Rename !SAS_Engine_Mod_4101m_v26  to  #SAS_Engine_Mod_4101m_v26

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

When I rename the folders, everytime I crash my plane, the game crashes, too.

Vati

« Reply #1115 on: June 16, 2013, 11:36:27 AM »

I just want to say thank you to Monty, all modders and supporters for this incredible improvement of the original game. You all are brilliant!  ;) Special thanks to Monty for his excellent additional Monty Packs. I do enjoy this modified simulation a lot and don't want to miss it any more.Finally I have some limitations: A6M8-54 1945 and Typhoon Mk IB 1942 don't appear and L-39 C doesn't shoot (to create a # L-39 C folder didn't help). I can’t install the Moscow map via Monty 22 and I didn’t understand the description how to do it manually. With Monty 20 the cockpit sounds mod works fine,  with Monty 24 no more. After installing Monty 25 a 70%  total crash during loading the simulation occurs. It would be great, if somebody could help me out, may be at least concerning the major points. Thank you very much in advance.
Georg
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 ... 101   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 26 queries.