Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Fokker E.III Eindecker  (Read 51185 times)

Lisek

• Aviator Mod Team
  • Modder
Fokker E.III Eindecker
« on: September 09, 2012, 03:46:06 AM »

Fokker E.III, one of the first fighters of WW1

The Fokker E.III was the main variant of the Eindecker (monoplane) fighter aircraft of World War I. It entered service on the Western Front in December 1915 and was also supplied to Austria-Hungary and Turkey.

The E.III was basically an E.II fitted with larger, newly designed wings that had a slightly narrower chord of 1.80 meter (70-7/8 in), compared to 1.88 meter (74 in) on the earlier Eindeckers, going back to Fokker's original M.5 monoplane aircraft. The E.III retained the same 75 kW (100 hp) Oberursel U.I engine, and therefore also used the larger diameter "horseshoe" pattern cowling that also mandated the inclusion of the E.II's soffit-like extensions to the sides of the upper nose sheet metalwork, but had a larger 81 l (21.5 gal) drum-shaped main fuel tank just behind the cockpit, which increased the Eindecker's endurance to about 2½ hours; an hour more than the E.II. Most E.IIIs were armed with a single 7.92 mm (.312 in) Spandau LMG 08 machine gun with 500 rounds of ammunition; however, after the failure of the twin-gun Fokker E.IV as a viable successor, some E.IIIs were fitted with twin guns.

Fokker production figures state that 249 E.IIIs were manufactured; however, a number of the 49 E.IIs were upgraded to E.III standard when they were returned to Fokker's Schwerin factory for repairs.

(quoting from Wikipedia)

Click here to start download

Download includes pilot fix and new FM with reduced roll rate and other stuff.

Click here for Template by max_thehitman

INSTALLATION:
Put Fokker_EIII folder into your MODS, and Fokker_EIII from Skins into Skins. Works with 4.101 ModAct, don't know about UP or DBW, but should work with them too.
REQUIRES DIFF FM

Lines to add:
air.ini
Fokker_EIII     air.Fokker_EIII 1         NOINFO  g01 SUMMER

plane_ru
Fokker_EIII              Fokker E.III Eindecker, 1915

weapons_ru
#####################################################################
# Fokker E.III
#####################################################################
Fokker_EIII.default                       Default
Fokker_EIII.none                          Empty

Credits:

3D by Lisek
Cockpit textures by Lisek and vpmedia
Awesome Default Skin Textures, Skins by max_thehitman
Damage layers by vpmedia
Java, FM and all java magic by SAS~Anto
3D help, answering stupid questions by Loku

Please read before asking:
1# Engine has no throttle, you can change power by switching magnetos, magneto 1 means ~33% of power, magneto 2 ~66% and magneto 1+2 is full throttle. Also it is possible to regulate power by changing mixture level.
2# due to its extremaly small weigt and speed, plane won't always explode after hitting ground, just some parts may fall away, making futher flight impossible.
3# you are flying in mountain terrain on your own risk, AI won't be able to fly over steep peaks and will crash.
4# if engine won't start at first time, try again. Feature modelled by SAS~Anto to improve realism.

Enjoy :)

Alternative FM by vampire_pilot

https://www.mediafire.com/download/tig116j4twhn8eu/FokkerE3

101tfs

• Modder
Re: Fokker E III Eindecker
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 03:58:30 AM »

great work

Batbomb

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 04:12:27 AM »

Wow! One of my all time favorites! Thanks very much to all people that contributed! :)

urmel

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 04:37:49 AM »

Nice Plane,thank you

alotef

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 04:57:22 AM »

yes yes yes!  :D
~Mike

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 05:01:20 AM »

Great plane, essential addition to the game! Many thanks to all involved,  8)

dagwood

• Install instructions: Put the thingy in the wotsit
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 05:08:13 AM »

How very excellent! Well done and thank you!

alotef

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 05:10:22 AM »

~Mike

Antae_destronas

• Scrumpadoochous
  • Todos los hombres nacen iguales, y diferentes.
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 05:18:05 AM »

A great contribution ! A very awesome plane. Thanks to everyone !!  ;D ;D

Greetings
 Alberto

US_GRANT

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 05:51:58 AM »

Top notch effort. I saw in your original thread this project was started way back in 2010. The time has paid off. My DBW has broken down for some reason, so I can't try this plane out, but I hope to get it fixed soon and give her a go.

The cockpit looks especially good. I like the way the gun is situated with the gunsight. I don't think I have ever seen that type in a flight sim before, even back in the old RB3D days. That will be very interesting to use.

I'm also glad to see that the boys at SAS have put in a lot of thought and work on the engine aspect of the early planes with no throttle control. VERY good indeed.

All in all, I think for a bunch of "Hackers and pirates"(Not my words. They came from another SAS member.), SAS has worked very hard at making the sim better and not just throwing planes out every other week with little or no research or care for historical accuracy in FMs.

Seeing what goes on behind the scenes around here, I can tell most users that SAS is working very hard to get all things right on the aircraft they work on, so before screeming for more or complaining about this or that, take a moment to remember all the work that went into the project and see if you can contribute with more than just, "This thing doesn't work, what a piece of crap!!!!" I know this sounds rather negative, but you can still be critical without being obnoxious. Critique the work with an eye to improving, not just complaining.

To Lisek and your crew, well done.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 05:53:37 AM »

Great moment in IL-2's history and a dream come true, thanks again to everyone involved!

Cheers
Istvan

Narvik

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2012, 06:49:26 AM »

Great news! Just remembered times when I choosed option "fight with famous ace" in Red Baron 3D and gave (with diabolic laugh) the Eindecker to von Richtohofen while choosing Camel for myself.)

Some reports/requests:

- Position of the dead pilot is placed too far backward from the cockpit
- Is it possible to simulate (roughly at least) wing-warping? For example, is there possibility to create an angled axis and rotate part of the wing around it?
- Do you have any plans to update a FM? I thought the plane with wing-warping should have poorer roll characteristics (of course, I can be wrong).

Many thanks anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 26 queries.