Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: WESTFRONT 39-45 Ultimate pack  (Read 72309 times)

IanC

Re: WESTFRONT 39-45 Ultimate pack
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2012, 08:20:05 AM »

OK, go it sorted and it is working.  I ignored the JSGME route and just dumped the files in DBW/#DBW/Mapmods/maps and let it merge.  Works fine.  If this works, why did JSGME not put it there and to be honest guys, why did you not tell me?  I know you are all experts and assume we all know this stuff but the READ MEs on these things need to assume we are totally stupid which in my case is true.

Just flown the first mission on Hurricanes over France and your map is AMAZING, really a wonderful job. Thanks ever so much.  The second mission requires me to down load a Do17Z by Ranswers.  Once again the 'read me' does not tell me where to put any of the files.  Struth!  Guess I'll get help somewhere on this one> :)

Thanks again for the brilliant work

Ian

GilB57

• Modder
    • Trucs & Bidules
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2012, 03:10:27 AM »

and to be honest guys, why did you not tell me?  I know you are all experts and assume we all know this stuff but the READ MEs on these things need to assume we are totally stupid which in my case is true.
??? Sorry about that, BUT:
-With all possible installations (modacts, UP, DBW, HSFX, old 4.09 maniacs  ;) ... it becomes terrible to make a readme for everybody !
-The readme I made offers ONE WAY that generally works with many installations.
-If you feel so totally stupid (but also enough lasy NOT to search in forum), you just have to ask here (what you did) and even make your brain work a little (what you also -and successfully- did, I have to say CONGRATULATIONS !)

...and please, before complaining, remember that all this work is offered to you FOR FREE  ;)

Mixx

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2012, 05:27:40 AM »

Beautiful all the versions of your maps WESTFRONT 39-45. Very realistic landscapes, towns, villages, various airfields! Bravo Master!!!

And the fact that people carelessly installed maps - this was and always will be ...

Good luck in your future projects!

IanC

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2012, 06:41:07 AM »

Gilb57, Mixx

Sorry :(, I apologies unreservedly and have been put firmly back in my box.  it wasn't meant as a complaint, I really do appreciate all the work and the maps are truly amazing.  The work you guys do is unbelievable. It was partly an honest question, why didn’t JSGME put it in the right pace? And partly just the frustration of spending hours scouring the forums to find the answer, which I couldn’t find, and then putting a solution together from half understood principles. 

It was also partly to make sure anybody else with the same issue could try my solution (Kookaburra, we don’t know if you  succeeded or not). 

I totally understand Mixx jumping to your defence and rightly so, but really Mixx, dismissing those struggling to understand how all this goes together as ‘careless’ is a little unfair, it wasn’t lack of care or effort, just knowledge.

Anyway, the point is that I now have your fantastic maps and someone else may be able to load them if they are having the same problem.  All is well and more knowledge is gained. ;D

My apologies again if I sounded ungrateful.

Ian

bestekampfpilot58

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2012, 09:38:06 AM »

Salute all!

I recently upgraded to a much nicer computer. I installed Il2, and it runs SO NICE!!
Having said that, after installing this mod, West-front, like b-4 on my older computer
no joy! I did manage to have the maps show up in FMB, but cannot save or fly any
flights. I read this comment from boomers object pack, "4. Copy the static file from
 UP\Std\ com\maddox\il2\objects and paste it into SAS\Std\com\maddox\il2\objects."
Well I do not see a UP\Std\static file on my pc. Yes I know, because I did not install
any version of UP on my new pc. WHERE would I find this UP static file? That is the only
piece that I'm missing to start to enjoy those fantastic maps!  :)
One more question that has been bothering me for 6 months now. The pilot in the twin engine
Hs129, in the game it looks like his head is squashed! Is there a fix for that some where?
Thank you in advance for your help, and these GREAT mods!  8)
Horrido!

bestekampfpilot58

« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2012, 10:39:37 AM »

Salute!

I'll give this a try for the pilot error..  ???

"as for the pilot model I took the Hs-129 folder out of Wolfighters Luftwaffe pilots and got the original pilot back.!

Horrido!

GilB57

• Modder
    • Trucs & Bidules
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2012, 11:23:34 AM »

Thx Mixx  :)

and have been put firmly back in my box
...sometimes necessary, sorry (good for my nerves, anyways  ;) ) !

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2012, 02:42:29 AM »

I have said it before, but I really LOVE these maps. :P They are an absolute must for IL-2, and I hope to build more campaigns for them, when I just get time.

Again: thanks tou you GilB for these masterpieces (and to Ash for your part in it!)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

ben_wh

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2012, 03:47:35 AM »

I have said it before, but I really LOVE these maps. :P They are an absolute must for IL-2, and I hope to build more campaigns for them, when I just get time.

Again: thanks tou you GilB for these masterpieces (and to Ash for your part in it!)

Absolutely agree and thanks to GilB and Ash again.  These maps are central (and essential) to ETO actions from 1942-45.

Cheers,

GilB57

• Modder
    • Trucs & Bidules
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2012, 05:17:46 AM »

Thx Poltava : you also make a great stuff with your campaigns !
What about a blitzkrieg 1940 campaign in the NL air force with Fokkers DXXI, G1 and CX ?

EDIT: oups found that Maro already did it ... I need to try this one too ;)

and to Ash for your part in it!
More than a part : THE BEGINNING of all of it ! ;D

dagwood

• Install instructions: Put the thingy in the wotsit
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2012, 05:20:59 AM »

Thanks for all the guys who struggle with the installs and ask questions on the threads. For every one of you who asks there are many bludgers like me who don't ask but just wait to see what response you get and learn from your struggles. Thanks for sticking your necks out guys - we appreciate it! (: And what a wonderful job has been done by GilB and the other modders! We are truly spoilt. Love your work guys!

Cheers

ol' Navy

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2012, 08:36:25 AM »

If you will bear with an old guy - I think that I have installed this mod fully, but how can I tell if it really did work?  I don't know where to look.  And, I have a couple of campaigns going at this time.  I am assuming that the maps don't just start working on those.  Would they show up in QMB?  Sorry for my lack of smarts, but please remember.  I am not (smart), and I am (old).  Thanks for any guidance.  It is greatly appreciated.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 21 queries.