Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Tear Drop Spitfire 14.  (Read 6425 times)

greendog

Tear Drop Spitfire 14.
« on: August 23, 2012, 03:27:20 PM »

I was wondering if there is a Spitfire 14 out there for il2 1946 with a tear drop canopy to download ?

I have seen a few screenshots and heard a few mentions on other forums but cant seem to find it.

It will be for a late war campaign I am working on.

Cheers.

ton414

• FreeModding Team
  • Knowledge is Freedom.
    • Free Modding
Re: Tear Drop Spitfire 14.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 11:41:48 AM »

Hi greendog.

I do not know if you mean about an image that I published in FM.

But currently I'm working on a bubble canopy Spitfite MK XIV , I have much work to do: LODs, damage, shadows, 3D work cockpit, skin, loadouts, flight model.

I have also seen some pictures here about a bubble canopy Spitfite MK XIV, I think by GJE52.
If are working on it would be good to know it, to avoid duplication of work, I have no problem leaving mine.

Regards.

ton.

henkypenky

• BAT 4.2 Flashpoint & WAW
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 12:59:12 PM »

Oh Ton, no please don't stop! One of the - if not the - greatest looking Spitfire variants. Would love to try it out

greendog

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 03:18:38 PM »

Excellent, thanks for the response.

I hope it all goes well.

Its my most preferred variant of Mk.XIV and the little snippets of information of a flyable model here and there were worth investigating.
I have read german accounts of pilots being terrified when they see the brute of an aircraft climbing to meet their attack, climbing "like a rocket". One flight leader stated "On all accounts avoid contact with the new English Spitfire.".

Cheers
Greendog

SAS~GJE52

• Editor
  • Orchard Studios
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 04:38:26 AM »

Hi,

Although this is not how we would have liked to announce it, I know some of the early screenies have been shown here so yes we do have two variants - clipped wing and full wing - of the MkXIVe FR about to be released,

This model is based on the skinner friendly MkVIII model with improved 3d and mapping thus avoiding the problematic warps associated with the other model as used for the AMT MkXVI, MkVb and Mk IX variants. She has already been used as a test bed for some of the Hi Res beta testing skins and only needs a few additional meshes to be completed before she will undergo final internal beta testing prior to release.

That said, the days of "claiming" a model are long gone and so feel free to do whatever you want.

8)

G;

Do not criticise a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes...  Then you can call him what you like, as you have his shoes ... and he is a mile away......

ton414

• FreeModding Team
  • Knowledge is Freedom.
    • Free Modding
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 05:15:59 AM »

I worked on the 3D model from Mk XIV, and for the canopy on the canopy from  Mk XIV and Tempest.

Really the two models look the same, I think it is not necessary continue with my work, luck with your work, and thanks for your reply. :)

ton.

SAS~GJE52

• Editor
  • Orchard Studios
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 05:30:32 AM »

Ok, and thanks...

... strange I don't remember seeing that ...... is there a link ?

However, I looked at the existing options but decided that the canopy really needed a complete rebuild to match the profile, the rest was rework and remapping.

A few of these were taken into service and mothballed by the RAF when completed and subsequently transferred to the Indian Air  Force - I should do a skin to represent that. However one of the clipped wing variants is now back in the UK and flying in RAF colours as JE-J.

G;
Do not criticise a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes...  Then you can call him what you like, as you have his shoes ... and he is a mile away......

ton414

• FreeModding Team
  • Knowledge is Freedom.
    • Free Modding
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 06:44:54 AM »

... strange I don't remember seeing that ...... is there a link ?

Yes, I was referring to this image, also I published it in mission4today:

@edit: Dead link removed

SAS~GJE52

• Editor
  • Orchard Studios
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 09:22:44 AM »

Ah! ..  silly me, I always look for WIPs in the screenshot section ........  ::)

;)

G;

ton414

• FreeModding Team
  • Knowledge is Freedom.
    • Free Modding
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 11:50:12 AM »

To not miss my work, I think I will work on Seafire MK XVII, it has a strange tailhook but i will try solve it. ;)

Regards.

ton.

SAS~Riken

• "Area 51"
  • SAS Team
  • Where's Waldo? Who's Waldo?
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 07:26:50 PM »

Ohhhhh. I like both of them. Spit the fire!

Jafa

• Monkeeeeeeeeeey
  • Modder
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 08:15:04 AM »

Ton if your going to work on yhe seafire take a look at the nose section it is shorter than a standard xiv and the fuel tank cowling goes back to the squre shape  instead of the angled one im not sure why this is but I think it has somthing to do with the seafire only running a smaller single stage supercharger.
Also it would be nice to see a bigger spinner on all griffon spits as the one Zorin did is just a tad too small
Just my two cents worth.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 24 queries.