Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TIGER33 Flyby MAP-FIX  (Read 35455 times)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
TIGER33 Flyby MAP-FIX
« on: July 18, 2012, 06:03:45 PM »

TIGER33 Flyby MAP-FIX

MOD for Dark Blue World 1.71 - can be setup for other versions, take a look!

Tiger33's beautiful sound mod has one issue at present: There are no flyby sounds over several of the original winter maps.

SOLVED!

by: RDDR and Monty27

Installing a repainted Winter Stalingrad (Winter) Map as a replacement for the default Stalingrad (Winter) maps RESTORED the Tiger33 flyby sounds to this map.  It now works in QMB, FMB, DGEN campaigns and everywhere else.

Using the same principles we then put together a solution for the other three maps and can confirm that the original loss of flyby sound is not due to Tiger33's mod but is a MAP issue.  Our idea was that the original winter maps, being quite an old part of the original game, contained some coded obstacle preventing the new flyby sounds from working properly.

As vpmedia later said this is mainly due to the missing load entry:

WaterNoise = water/WaterNoise.tga
  WaterNoiseAnimStart = Water/Animated/WaterNoise00.tga

Thanks to epervier for pointing out that Ardennes Winter was also an issue. 

UPDATE - MORE MAPS FIXED

Winter maps now fixed are:

Ardennes
Balaton
Bessarabia
Finsgulf
Moscow
Stalingrad
Westfront40

Empty1a_winter
Empty1b_winter
Empty2a_winter
Empty2b_winter

Kt_Karelia
Kt_Svir
Kt_Syvari
Kt_Viipuri

If you have Tiger33s sounds installed and want to fly over these maps with the full gorgeously rich and loud Tiger33 flyby sounds, we offer this fix as an easy to install JSGME addon -

#DBW_MOD_Maps_TIGER_FIX_FINAL
https://www.mediafire.com/?5m6tna8od8mibl1

Mick

• Modder
Re: TIGER33 Flyby MAP-FIX
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 12:10:00 AM »

Hats down for the fix guys, this confirms what Tiger has always told me, the bug has nothing to do with UV3 ...  :D

THX for sharing ...!!  ;)

I updated the UV3 first page accordingly ...  ;)

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 02:30:38 AM »

great find, guys :D
i find it quite incredible that a map load entry can determine if there will be flyby sounds or not, but there you go .....still learning something new every day! :D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

crimar

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 02:41:30 AM »

I pretty much narrowed down to one section then to one line
  "WaterNoiseAnimStart = Water/Animated/WaterNoise00.tga"
if its not there no flyby sounds, everything else seems irrelevant  ???
I'm gonna do more testing.

test done on Stalingrad map: you are right !
with "WaterNoiseAnimStart = Water/Animated/WaterNoise00.tga" added in load.ini, FlyBy are OK !

Cheers.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 02:42:55 AM »

great find, guys :D
i find it quite incredible that a map load entry can determine if there will be flyby sounds or not, but there you go .....still learning something new every day! :D
Thanks Malone

Me and RDDR spent hours testing this one with every aircraft on every map.  We noticed the corellation between the use of re-painted maps and stock, cross-referencing the results by theatre, then made the intuitive leap. 

Simon(Monty27)

Tiger_33

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 03:22:33 AM »

TIGER33 Flyby MAP-FIX

MOD for Dark Blue World 1.71 - can be setup for other versions, take a look!

Tiger33's beautiful sound mod has one issue at present: There are no flyby sounds over four of the original Russian winter maps.  This presently applies to Moscow (Winter), Leningrad (FINSGULF Winter), Balaton (Winter), and Stalingrad (Winter and Winter2) maps.

SOLVED!

by: RDDR and Monty27

Installing Ramone's repainted Winter Stalingrad (Winter) Map as a replacement for the default Stalingrad (Winter) maps has RESTORED the Tiger33 flyby sounds to this map.  It now works in QMB, FMB, DGEN campaigns and everywhere else.

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,23743.msg252430.html#msg252430

Using the same principles we then put together a solution for the other three maps and can confirm that the original loss of flyby sound is not due to Tiger33's mod but is a MAP issue.

Our idea was that the original Russian winter maps, being quite an old part of the original game, contained some coded obstacle preventing the new flyby sounds from working properly.

Somehow, when map-makers package new un-compressed maps for a texture repaint, the sound bug is cured!  It may be something to do with the game loading order and forcing the maps to load in this way.

Bottom Line - We now have Tiger33's sounds and the flyby's working on all of the Russian winter maps - An issue which Tiger33 himself was getting a bit lost on, describing it as "the biggest mystery"!

If you have Tiger33s sounds installed and want to fly over the Russian Winter maps with the full gorgeously rich and loud Tiger33 flyby sounds, we offer this fix as an easy to install JSGME addon -

We recommend you have #DBW_MOD_Maps by 78th_WndWpn installed FIRST.

#DBW MOD_Maps
http://www.gamefront.com/files/21463368/_DBW_MOD_Maps_7z

Then install the #DBW MOD_Maps_FIX by RDDR & Monty27

#DBW MOD_Maps_FIX
https://www.mediafire.com/?febff8ddxtqat37

Good Job Mates ;)

What is funny is that I started last night compare files "load.ini" defective Maps and I could not have found what could be causing the issue.

I'm happy because I knew UV3 had nothing to do with this issue.

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 04:20:04 AM »

... same with Tiger (without knowing he was also tackling the prob) no later than yesterday I was tweaking temperature in the Moscow load.ini and also replacing CAMOUFLAGE=WINTER by =winter but of course to no avail ...  :'(

I feel like Malone, how in hell can a map load.ini decide if we'll get flyby sounds or not ...??  ???

EDIT:

THX Istvan for pinning down the very culprit line in the load.ini, so we have to chose between icy rivers or flyby sounds ...  :D

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 07:58:08 AM »

... same with Tiger (without knowing he was also tackling the prob) no later than yesterday I was tweaking temperature in the Moscow load.ini and also replacing CAMOUFLAGE=WINTER by =winter but of course to no avail ...  :'(

I feel like Malone, how in hell can a map load.ini decide if we'll get flyby sounds or not ...??  ???

EDIT:

THX Istvan for pinning down the very culprit line in the load.ini, so we have to chose between icy rivers or flyby sounds ...  :D

This whole water/ice on wintermaps is a mysterious issue.
I found out that on wintermaps with water you should have CAMOUFLAGE = winter in load.ini and nót CAMOUFLAGE=WINTER. Otherwise you get bombcraters on water instead of a nice watersplash.
Don't ask me why but this line in load.ini is case sensitive.

See for instance my reply #19 in this thread of the Caucasus wintermap which had the same problem:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,10201.12.html
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 09:31:44 AM »

EDIT:

This whole water/ice on wintermaps is a mysterious issue.
I found out that on wintermaps with water you should have CAMOUFLAGE = winter in load.ini and nót CAMOUFLAGE=WINTER. Otherwise you get bombcraters on water instead of a nice watersplash.
Don't ask me why but this line in load.ini is case sensitive.

See for instance my reply #19 in this thread of the Caucasus wintermap which had the same problem:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,10201.12.html

... yep, it is because I remembered your trick Uufflakke that I gave it a try yesterday, but to no avail ...  ;)

Decidedly IL2 has still got it's mysteries more than 10 years after release ...!!  ???

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 09:51:41 AM »

Guys this is the crazy test Epervier has just made with HSFX6.0:

Moscow winter map, NO Map fix : no flyby for any plane.

Moscow winter map, WITH Map fix, with only one plane, BeauI : flyby OK

Moscow winter map, map fix deleted, one plane added (FW190) : flyby OK for the Beau, NO flyby for the FW190 ...!!!  ???

Moscow winter map, map fix added, flyby OK for both planes ...

So it looks like the game "remembers" such plane was tested with the Map fix ....!!!  ???

Ain't this weird ...?  ???

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 09:53:40 AM »

I'm only passing two tests ...
You do not have these problems with the map Ardennes Winter? Moi oui !
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

crimar

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 10:00:08 AM »

So it looks like the game "remembers" such plane was tested with the Map fix ....!!!  ???

Ain't this weird ...?  ???

Mick: be sure to quit IL-2 between each test, or to load another map between each test. The game like to keep some info in memory and this can let you think that the test is wrong. Experienced myself.

Best regards.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 22 queries.