Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: can i run it ?  (Read 30589 times)

~Wolf~

can i run it ?
« on: July 13, 2012, 07:19:21 PM »

Hello ...

work this game on my Computer ?

Processor : Intel I5 2400 3.1 GHz

Motherborad : Asus P8Z68-V LX

Ram : 8GB Corsair

Graphics card : AMD READON 6870

Arkbird

Re: can i run it ?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 08:19:31 PM »

Just looking at the requirements on the game's cover, it looks like you could. RAM is fine, Video Card looks good, processor also seems to be fine. Although, meeting and exceeding the system requirements is not always a guarantee that it will run. I have not actually managed to play it, but your system looks like it should. Hope I helped!

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 11:26:58 PM »

Yes, your graphics card is roughly the equal to the GTX 560 and I am playing it at 30+ fps on:

-Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz
-RAM: 3.5 Gb
-Video Card: Nvidia GTX 550Ti @ 1Gb
-Direct X: 9

The latest patches are up and down so I am not sure what performance I would get now but I am waiting it out until an official patch with all the fixes is released. That and I will be upgrading to about 8 gig of Ram and Windows 7 and maybe over clocking the processor.

kaxII

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 01:25:42 PM »

We should either sticky this thread or make another, where people could post their specifications and some of the guys who have it could say if they could or not based on their system and experience.

So this is my system specs so could anyone help me?

CPU:Intel(r) Pentium(r) CPU G620 @2.60 GHZ 2.60 GHZ
RAM:4GB
System:Windows 7
Graphics card:Intel HD graphics (is part of the CPU i think)

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 07:56:05 PM »

I have much doubt you will run this IL-2 on it very well and loaded with mods.  ???

kaxII

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 01:00:29 AM »

I have much doubt you will run this IL-2 on it very well and loaded with mods.  ???

Not even without mods? (I didn't want to mod clod only 1946)

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 01:08:04 AM »

You should have not much problem running IL-2 1946 on full settings except for maybe clouds with many aircraft but definitely not with some of the nice effects mods. And in no way, CoD.
Integrated graphics cards steal your RAM for little gain and this biggest deciding factor here now is whether you are running 64 or 32 bit Windows.

kaxII

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 01:12:19 AM »

64 bit, but I am thinking of getting a graphics card at around Christmas time, so any reccomndationa on a cheap, graphics card which means that I can play clod on medium settings (because people with even older systems than play on medium/low although with bad frame issues e.g 8 fps for one aircraft but they would have a celeron and 3gb ram etc.)

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 03:26:28 AM »

You'd need at least a 550Ti as a minimum, which is what I use, but I also have a Quad Core processor so I doubt you will get the desired framerates with a dual core. I am not sure if getting a more powerful card in maybe the 600 series could compensate for the lack in processor power. If you are really enthusiastic, I'd get another 2 gig of ram as well but 4 is fine along with a quad core and at least a 550Ti.

kaxII

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 10:07:10 AM »

You'd need at least a 550Ti as a minimum, which is what I use, but I also have a Quad Core processor so I doubt you will get the desired framerates with a dual core. I am not sure if getting a more powerful card in maybe the 600 series could compensate for the lack in processor power. If you are really enthusiastic, I'd get another 2 gig of ram as well but 4 is fine along with a quad core and at least a 550Ti.

What about a novatek geforce 210 at 1025mb?

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 09:04:25 PM »

No, that seems to be a heavily overclocked card if the factory default is 512mb DDR2. You need something with 1Gb DDR3 or 5 and more Cuda cores, check the specs of the cards I mentioned on the Nvidia website and compare to fit your budget, but the CoD community doesn't recommend anything less than what I said.

kaxII

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 08:59:55 AM »

ah well it was worth a try :(, but my idea of sticking this thread still stands.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 24 queries.