Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: UltraSpain  (Read 31715 times)

David Prosser

Re: UltraSpain
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 10:15:30 PM »

Hi, RedEye_Jir. I'm having trouble getting this working. UltrapackRC4 works fine. I've renamed the original folder to -ORIGINAL#UP#.  Then I add UltraSpain1 [#UP#] I add the contents of Ultra Spain 2,3, and 4 to this. It's done one at a time. When it's finished, I choose UP3.0 in the JGSME selector, and Ultrapack3 in the selector. The splash screen comes up. Then there is either a 5%, or 60 % crash. None of the files are corrupt. What have I done wrong?

cheers

David Prosser

Tofolo

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 02:09:38 AM »

@Hoss: ES stands for Republicans, SP for Nationalists

@WWHappy: I have the same issue here, no briefings.

@David Prosser: Try activating the UP3.0 first, then add the #UP# files as you're already doing, one by one. If not, you should consider installing it on a clean copy of the UP3. Hope it helps.

BTW, thanks to all who made possible this mod, it's nice to finally fly these wonderful machines over our homeland.

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 04:28:04 AM »

For the briefings, try to make corrections to the properties files : no _ru part... should do the trick, I think...

David Prosser

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 06:17:09 AM »

Hi, CC_Tofolo. I'm still getting a 70% crash. Everything was installed very carefully and slowly this time. Out of curiosity, I looked in some of the plane folders. In the He111H2, and SB_2M_100A, there are only the 3do folders. None of the other little files. The DL, from Mediafire this time worked fine. No indication of any trouble. There are no obvious mistakes in the air.ini. I've no idea what to do. I feel like a bear with a migrane, PMT, and a toothache.

cheers

David Prosser

Semor

• IL2 without Mods is possible,but senseless!
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 08:03:00 AM »

Same here,got a 70% loading crash after renaming the #UP# folder to #DBW to make it compatible.

Very sad,but this pack is a bit useless for DBW users.(like me and most of the users here)

:-X

WWHappy

• Wing Walkers [Virtual] Combat Squadron
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 10:17:47 AM »

This is what your folders should look like to get it to work

David Prosser

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 10:37:31 AM »

Oh, WWHappy. That's a revelation! From the instructions, I thought that it all went into a 'new' #UP# folder. So, it goes in jsgme instead. I just assumed that the existing one was to be renamed so as not to interfere with the 'new' one. Your jgsme folder certainly seems full. Thanks for the clarification. I've been like a bear with a toothache, and a migrane.

cheers

David Prosser

SCG_Hoss

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 10:45:53 AM »

@Hoss: ES stands for Republicans, SP for Nationalists

@WWHappy: I have the same issue here, no briefings.

@David Prosser: Try activating the UP3.0 first, then add the #UP# files as you're already doing, one by one. If not, you should consider installing it on a clean copy of the UP3. Hope it helps.

BTW, thanks to all who made possible this mod, it's nice to finally fly these wonderful machines over our homeland.

thanks for the reply, after a little digging I found Estacion Arios to be the Republic air group, so I figured the Nationales to be the Fascistas.  Now I need to find out the order of battle to what each had in their inventories so I can build some "somewhat" correct missions....

Thanks

Hoss

Semor

• IL2 without Mods is possible,but senseless!
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 11:16:50 AM »

@WWHappy,thanx for the help,but there is no problem to make a separate "UltraSpain" folder and copy the content of the four seperate folders into this one,create the nececary folder structure for JSGME and enable it for DBW. but something is missing,cause of the 70% creash at loading.Maybe some missing objects? dont know...any ideas?

Vitamine!

• Flying Ass Clown #6
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 11:25:07 AM »

This is a great, nice idea and I love it to play - thank you very much to all makers, who did this possible! :)

But... Sorry for asking, but I still do not understand the install path/method:

If I am use: maingamefolder/jgsme/#UP#/files/..., with #UP#_Enable_UP3 at mod enabler, with enabled or disabled #UP# and Ultrapack 3 enabled at mod selector, all on clean base-installation --> no effect, like not installed.

If I am use: maingamefolder/jgsme/#UP#/..., with #UP#_Enable_UP3 at mod enabler, with enabled or disabled #UP# and Ultrapack 3 enabled at mod selector, all on clean base-installation --> no effect, like not installed.

If I am use maingamefolder/#UP#/files/... with  #UP#_Enable_UP3 at mod enabler and Ultrapack 3 enabled at mod selector, all on clean base-installation --> no effect, like not installed.

If I am use maingamefolder/#UP#/... with  #UP#_Enable_UP3 at mod enabler and Ultrapack 3 enabled at mod selector, all on clean base-installation --> no effect, like not installed.

If I am use maingamefolder/jgsme/UltraSpain_1, UltraSpain_2, UltraSpain_3, UltraSpain_4, with #UP#_Enable_UP3 at mod enabler and Ultra Pack 3 OR classic mod game enabled, all on clean base installation --> no effect, like not installed.

By the way, it is UP3 RC4

If I am use maingamefolder/mods/... with #UP#_Enable_UP3 at mod enabler and "Classic Mod Game" enabled at mod selector it works, but some issues appear: Without new splash screen and without the new maps at QMB.

What do I wrong?  :'( ???

regards
dumpti

David Prosser

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2012, 12:06:26 PM »

Hi, Semor. Following advice from WWHappy, I put it all in jgsme. It took a while to activate. The usual 'warning messages' appeared. Bottom line; it works now. I'll do some campaigns with this system. However, the Balaerics Breguets one will be in UP3rc4. So will it's Republican mirror campaign.

cheers

David Prosser.

Vitamine!

• Flying Ass Clown #6
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2012, 12:15:49 PM »

Solution for the splash screen:

Using #UP#_Enabled_UP3 at mod enabler and "Classic Mod Game" at Mod Selector, making a new path for the splash: mods/SplashScreen/GUI/... and renamed the "backround.tga" file to "backround0.tga", rezised it from 900x900 to 1024x1024, saved as GIF file to convert it to 256 colors, reopened and resaved as .tga file without RLE-compression.

Now, it works.

Should I put the maps in QMB by hand, too?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 25 queries.