Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Typhoon & Tempest (+Seafury) family upgrade (Beta) V2c update!  (Read 89994 times)

kaxII

• Modder
Re: Typhoon & Tempest (+Seafury) family upgrade (Beta) V2c update!
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2012, 02:38:57 PM »

I would like to ask is it me or is the stall speed extremely high and why is there no aileron trim? As if I do a tight turn even at 320km/h I will stall, also the roll to the right is extremely big to not have aileron trim. I can also not trim it through the rudder as it just makes it less controllable and males it yaw to the left.

LuseKofte

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2012, 02:49:30 PM »

Stall is not always a speed related thing, the typhoon was a big disappointment for RAF until they discovered its ability as a weapon plattform . RAF modern fighters (WWII) the Spitfire was really a bad weapon platform.  There are many articles about its bad handling character around. a FM discussion is deemed to fail since getting the right performance in this game means something else is wrong. In this game you need to focus on the performance the planewas known to have and face the consequences  in other aspect
Correcting every tiny bit will make all planes a P 51, if you know what I mean. 

crazyflak

• Modder
  • Are your words prettier than silence?
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2012, 02:59:20 PM »

Unfortunately, we don't have FM experts anymore, so the FMs cannot truly be fine-tuned.

I have to say, though, that Birdman did his best to correct some shortcomings of my initial rough FM that departed from Tempest (all previous Typhoons simply took Tempest FM, which is very obviously unnatural, as its design is entirely different) and adopted Hurricane as base (wings and control surfaces from typhoon are of same design than Hurricane).

About aileron trim, you're right, I just checked and indeed the FM has it set to 0 (=none) which might be an overlook, but I doubt, as most aileron trims could not be adjusted in flight. I have to go check my typhoon book just to be sure before amending the possible mistake. Thank you for noticing it out. :)

LuseKofte

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2012, 03:16:47 PM »

Oh I never use the ailerontrim

karo

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2012, 03:08:42 PM »

Kaxii, Typhoon or Tempest?

I don't know too much about Typhoon, but if you ask about Tempest... 
I would like to ask is it me or is the stall speed extremely high

The laminar flow wing - that should explain everything ;)
and why is there no aileron trim?

There was not aileron trim on the real plane too. (I'm 90% sure about it, but I will check my books again)
I would like to ask is it me or is the stall speed extremely high and why is there no aileron trim? As if I do a tight turn even at 320km/h I will stall, also the roll to the right is extremely big to not have aileron trim.
320km/h? .... You have to fly it faster, much faster or to use combat flaps. 

Tempest is one of my favorite planes in the game :)

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2012, 07:36:56 PM »

320kph??? What are you doing so slow`in a tempest?

andylamb1

• Modder
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2012, 04:08:44 AM »

Help please!!

I'm lost after many hours of head scratching as to how to get the listed set of weapons playable for the Tiffi (25Lb anti ship and anti personelle rockets). Don't know if i'm missing another mod or something, but it's making me cry  :'(.

Anyhoo, what fantastic addition to this now class act of a sim (and getting greater all the time, thanks to the whole community).

Many thanks to  Ranwers, Josse, Flakiten, et al for all your hard work.

andy

osakaboy

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2012, 03:54:32 AM »

Just a quick note incase the original poster was refering to the Sea Fury, indeed the Sea fury did have aileron trim BUT it could only be adjusted on the ground before or after flight. So our model is correct in having no inflight aileron trim. :)

kaxII

• Modder
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2012, 04:02:39 AM »

320kph??? What are you doing so slow`in a tempest?

i dunno it just doesn't go faster than 400km for me although my new joystick has marginally helped but i think my tempest is lazy and hates me because im not treting properly :P

GilB57

• Modder
    • Trucs & Bidules
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2012, 06:57:14 AM »

Hi everybody !

I found some skin bug on new Typhie when viewed from inside cockpit (look on the right):

I wondered what was the problem and finally solved it (on the left): it seems that the part of the skin used to "paint" fuselage in front of cockpit remains unherited from Tempest skin.
Fortunately, despite this part is already used for the canopy frame, it's possible to fix this awfull black patches & lines.

Are you interested in corrected skins and default skins ?

kaxII

• Modder
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2012, 07:19:01 AM »

Post a link of the updates and try will probably put it into the pack, also I have a glitch on the sea tempest where I can not see the small dot in the reticule when viewing from the normal FOV.

GilB57

• Modder
    • Trucs & Bidules
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2012, 08:38:08 AM »

In order to do this update, I need to know one little thing : the name of the fuselage part BEHING cockpit (were the little antenna is attached) is it CF_D0 or CF_D1 or another ?

(because I think I didn't gave the good parent in hier.him file:

The antenna still there  ;)  )
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 28 queries.