Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Typhoon & Tempest (+Seafury) family upgrade (Beta) V2c update!  (Read 89664 times)

crazyflak

• Modder
  • Are your words prettier than silence?

Ok, I decided to throw this out because it has not advanced in months, so I better set it free.

Main Credits: 1Cmaddox for most of this content, Crazyflak for research, loadouts, rocket racks and general assembly, 101tfs for TyphoonILate model, Loku for new British bombs, the suspected modders for the previous versions of these mods (complete credits in readme)

NEW:
- 3 sets of rocket racks: MkI (the infamous early 370kg racks), MkII (the late aluminium 216kg racks) & MkVIII (0-length). Correct uneven spacing between racks on the Typhoon (middle space is wider)! Warning! MkI & MkII racks weight IS modelled.

-New 1000 & 500 lbs british bombs by Loku

-Changes on FMs: Typhoon aerodynamics is now closer to Hurricane than to Tempest (same thick-wing design), Incorrect torque on Seafury and Tempest II are now fixed, Tempest II & Seafury engines are now radials + horsepower closer to specifications.

-New TyphoonI Late 3d model from 101tfs fully skinnable.

-greater rocket variety, and some salvo loads included.

-Tempest & Seafury have now HispanoMkV cannons

-Landing gear damage & flames mod included (flames mod no longer included, only the reworked engine meshes, flames mod will be available separately).

Warning: This mod is unfinnished and thus needs corrections:

-Wings lack collision corrected by Birdman

-Template is half backed (in particular rivets & lines need finishing!) Template will be posted soon for anyone to finish it HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?9e33xnyn9si3051   Rivets & panels are 70% re-drawn, but a lot still to do before getting ready to skin. I hope some tallented skinner can pick this up to provide a pack of skins for all Typhoon periods.  :)

-FM will for sure need further corrections as they have not been tested nor adjusted

If you don't have DBW, you NEED Diff_FM mod!

Typhoons, Tempests & Seafury V2c: https://www.mediafire.com/?p6a5nkbv2i946z1 (DBW/UP30)

Typhoons, Tempests & Seafury V2c: https://www.mediafire.com/?e7x860acgkg19nq (standalone, requires SAS hurricane pack https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,14699.0.html)

Remove previous versions

Paintschemes from GilB57 :)  http://gillesbabin.perso.neuf.fr/fichiers/Skins-TyphoonTempest-HSFX6.zip

*ATTENTION MISSION BUILDERS* some loadouts have a date associated with them: it is the EARLIEST TIME OF AVAILABILITY, such loadouts were NOT in use previous to such date. In particular NO TEMPEST EVER USED ROCKETS IN WWII, these were fitted during postwar tests. Curiously enough, Tempest MkV is attested with MkVIII zero-length racks, not the aluminium rails that Oleg put to it, and Tempest MkII -this is bizarre- is attested with the obsolete aluminuim rails, but not with the 0-length MkVIII racks. I put both options just in case.

Last minute notice: YOU NEED THIS PATCH https://www.mediafire.com/?5p2slmll3ezbwnl  to avoid CONFLICT with CY6 SKYRAIDERS No longer needed in V2.

Edited by SAS~Epervier
Tempest Mk.V 11Lbs
Tempest FB Mk.II
Typhoon Mk.IB
Typhoon Mk.IB late
Typhoon Mk.IB late4

link for 4.09 users v2 : https://www.mediafire.com/?8mf0dakg36ddoe0

link for Class Mass Standard : https://www.mediafire.com/?21cy8aikl56l9zm
link for Class Mass Light : https://www.mediafire.com/?bde48duhlb6hdf3

crazyflak

• Modder
Re: Typhoon & Tempest (+Seafury) family upgrade (Beta)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 04:17:25 AM »

A remark on new british bombs... I post because questions my arise (Have already a question from Epervier :D)

In game we already have 500lbsE (with E for England) bombs by Zorin which you can see below (first photo)

But we were missing the other 500lbs british bombs used on Typhoon (and other RAF planes):

As the name Bomb500lbsE  is already in use for Zorin bombs, I named the new ones Bomb500lbsE_MC just to distinguish them. "MC" does not mean anything. The official "British Ordnance Manual" name all these bombs "Medium Capacity" Bombs and talks about MC 500lbs, MC 1000lbs, etc so I took it from there.

There is already a British 1000lbs bomb in game, but a modern one from jetwar. So for uniformity, I used same type of name (than 500lbs) for the new WWII 1000lbs british bomb: Bomb1000lbsE_MC (for "Medium Capacity").

These are (if I rememeber right) more powerfull than Zorin 500lbsE and US 1000lbs bomb simply because I used values from the same British ordnance manual, not copied values from old in game bombs.

MODDERS! Please update all British planes (Lancaster, Halifax, Wellington) to use these British bombs instead of the ugly US 1000lbs bomb (it looks ugly on a british plane because it simply doesn't look "right")  Did Mosquito used 1000lbs bombs? It should be since they eventually used the 4000lbs cookie... please confirm and update Mosquitos.

Birdman

• SAS Honourable Member
Re: Typhoon & Tempest (+Seafury) family upgrade (Beta) V2b update!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 08:30:55 AM »

OK, in case you don't have those classfiles, then you can find them attached to this message. Just add these classfiles to V2b (DBW version) and all loadouts should work.

Happy flying with my reworked Typhoon FM!

One tip for FW 190 pilots: Don't bleed too much energy while trying to attack Typhoons at low altitude, they can now be surprisingly fast and dangerous when chasing you.

HundertzehnGustav

• Banned on Sep 11/2012
  • Arrogant Narcisistic Pussy
Re: Typhoon & Tempest (+Seafury) family upgrade (Beta) V2b update!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 09:58:52 AM »

WIP(Light) template now Online.
I am not done yet, will Update as i go.
But this should enable yall to build your own Typhoon easily.

Feedback and Bugreports appreciated - if you find something completely fubar, shout!

Contains pixel work:
-Completed Rivets and Panel Lines
-Updated Hatches and some minor Elements
-Lined up quite a bit of stuff, including rudder, Tail markings---
-Redid reinforcement plates around the tail section
-Redid various elements like
*wingtip lights.
*Doors. Flaps.
*Gear Bay interiors.
*Prop.
*Rotol logo (i think they used Rotol Blades?!)
-Added Belgian markings Just for fun
-Basic Weathering, smoke, 3D effects
-Lighted Template by removing Layers not necessary.
-Hopefully Compelete Credits

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=1341

...work ongoing.

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
Re: Typhoon & Tempest (+Seafury) family upgrade (Beta) V2c update!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 08:34:47 AM »

For 4.09 users !

Warning !

The author wanted to integrate the weight of the pylons of weapons into the behavior of the model of flight of the plane. It is very cunning from the part!
It is the modification of Class Mass that is integrated into all the versions and all the packs. The problem it is because for packs 409 this Class is very reduced and can cause a crash of the game if you do not possess all the pylons included in this Class in your game.
Now numerous pylons were integrated.
I made out a will in UP2.01 and everything works.
I hope that our friends possessing ModAct will have so much luck!
If with the "standard" corrective you have an error The memory could not be "read" you can make out a will with the "light" corrective.

See first Post for link !
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

352nd_Hoss

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 06:41:15 PM »

Hey Crazyflak, I tried this in HSFX 6.0.1 using the 4.09 version.  the Tempest FB MkII works great but none of the Typhoons work, I pick em and their load outs but I get no image on QMB.  And no airplane when you hit fly, just empty sky, no pink cockpit either.  Do you want a log file?
In first time for view plane, test this :
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,27215.msg287037.html#msg287037

In each typhoon folder,open pilot1.mat,in [Layer 2] replace Gb2 by pilot1,and it's fine

Well, I looked in the folder and I can only fine Pilot1_D1.msh and Pilot1_D2.msh, I've looked everywhere in the files and do not see the pilot1.mat, and "replace Gb2 by pilot1".. with what? if I do happen to find the file.

INTERNAL ERROR: Can't open file '3DO/Plane/Textures/Gb2.tga'
WARNING: object '3DO/Plane/Textures/Gb2.tga' of class 'TTexture2D' not loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: Texture required
WARNING: object '3DO/Plane/TyphoonMkIBLate_(GB)/Pilot1.mat' of class 'TMaterial' not loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: Material: Can't load 'Pilot1.mat'
Mission error, ID_04: java.lang.RuntimeException: INTERNAL ERROR: Material: Can't load 'Pilot1.mat'

java.lang.RuntimeException: INTERNAL ERROR: Material: Can't load 'Pilot1.mat'

I see it's there, but I can't find it.

SAS~Riken

• "Area 51"
  • SAS Team
  • Where's Waldo? Who's Waldo?
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 09:19:43 PM »

Hey guys. Just letting you all know that I'm adding to this awsome addition, the Mk.Ia with 12 .303 guns (6 on each wing) soon. All I have left to do is add in the guns in the classfile, and model, and get the solid fairing mapped to the skin. It uses the mk Ib body so yes, it's skinable!

This skin isnt the current default, but Texx has made one and is making some more in anticipation of it's arrivial. Here's what they look like in game:

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 09:02:45 AM »

Hi there, I tried to implement the solution with replacing "gb2" with "pilot1" in [layer2] of my pilot1 folder in all Typhoons (using notepad) but I can't seem to find what to replace. Here are the contents of pilot1, layer2:
[_Layer2]
  TextureName
  Frame 0.0
  VisibleDistanceNear 0.0
  VisibleDistanceFar 10000.0
  TextureCoordScale 0.0 0.0 1.0 1.0
  ColorScale 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0
  tfWrapX 1
  tfWrapY 1
  tfMinLinear 1
  tfMagLinear 1
  tfMipMap 0
  tfBlend 0
  tfBlendAdd 0
  tfTestA 0
  tfTestZ 1
  tfUpDateClear 0
  tfModulate 1
  tfNoTexture 0
  tfAnimatePalette 0
  tfAnimateSkippedFrames 1
  PaletteName

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 09:14:01 AM »

There seems to be a little mistake in the explanation... you will find it in [Layer0], not 2. That is here I corrected and it works.

hguderian

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 09:53:44 AM »

Try in this way:

[_Layer2]
  TextureName pilot1.tga
  Frame 0.0
  VisibleDistanceNear 0.0
  VisibleDistanceFar 10000.0
  TextureCoordScale 0.0 0.0 1.0 1.0
  ColorScale 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0
  tfWrapX 1
  tfWrapY 1
  tfMinLinear 1
  tfMagLinear 1
  tfMipMap 0
  tfBlend 0
  tfBlendAdd 0
  tfTestA 0
  tfTestZ 1
  tfUpDateClear 0
  tfModulate 1
  tfNoTexture 0
  tfAnimatePalette 0
  tfAnimateSkippedFrames 1
  PaletteName

crazyflak

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 11:26:37 AM »

Great work, Riken! 8)

crazyflak

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 09:31:29 AM »

Please: this is NOT intended for 411m version of the game, take the discussion elsewhere. Maybe start a thread in HSFx6 support section?

I don't want 410m problems be lost in the middle of 411 discussion. Any 411 post here will be erased without notice.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 23 queries.