Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Typhoon & Tempest (+Seafury) family upgrade (Beta) V2c update!  (Read 89656 times)

wackywings

Re: Typhoon & Tempest (+Seafury) family upgrade (Beta) V2c update!
« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2015, 08:32:45 AM »

Hey Skunk,

With my CUP install, everything is well placed except the 2x90gal droptanks. They are way off on their alignment.

The rest are perfect.

Sorry if you're having problems. I had to remove several other mods (Sea Fury cowling shine correction and Jero's cowling and spinners) before this new Sea Fury
model would display properly.

BTW, for anyone else viewing this post......I know that there is a way to modify the CF mesh files for proper placement of tanks and ordinace. Is there a tutorial already in existence...or could someone offer up a quick workshop on this topic? Thanks....

-Wackywings

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2015, 02:52:49 PM »

Hi Whacky, not that I'm aware off, but there exists Matrix Params by Kumpel.
It describes how to change the mesh entries.
Since you can't exactly trace which 3-D update uses which hier.him version, it is best to
always refer to the original Mesh. Unless you're shipped a complete new Model
with new classes/Loadouts.
You can fix that by trial and error.
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

Skunk

« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2015, 05:25:34 PM »

I must have missed some class files or something...

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2015, 12:46:58 AM »

Hi Skunk and Whacky, before you keep on Posting Pics,
it would be interesting to know:
Which Gameversion
Which Mods load before Tiffies that change some Files this Mod uses

Plane Folders this Mods ship and is imminent in other Mods, which, please post here, I'm no looking glass mama..

Problem is, Mod is fine, your install obviously messed up, try loading the Mod at first from your List and see if it still persists.
At least always give us specs about your game install, if not, we cannot see what you're doing out there?
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

Skunk

« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2015, 05:26:53 AM »

I'm in HSFX7. All I did was replace the old model with this one. I just made a folder in 3do named after the old model and dumped the new 3D files in it and loaded up the sim. I didnt change or add any class files.

It was only because I wanted to skin the thing ;)

batstan

« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2015, 07:56:55 PM »

Quote from: kaxii link=topic=26690.msg303027#msg303027 date=[b
many years ago...[/b]]
Im not quite sure whether this should not have it, but it appears that the sea fury has a large amount of roll to the right without trim, and you cannot seem to trim the ailerons so i have to trim the rudder which only medicorely fixes the problem and leads to the aircraft falling into a spin alot easier.

I too have this problem with this pack, especially the Sea Fury. But for me, I have a severe roll to the left and it's impossible to trim out. The Tempests in the pack also have the issue but to a lesser extent. Funny thing is, my friend who has an identical version of the game and mods, can trim and fly with no problem. Other than some key binds, our settings/mods are the same.

Our version: 4.12.2m from Steam (directory moved)

MODACT 5.3
SAS Engine Mod 2.7
Guncam Tracers
Screenshot propeller v2
TEST 412 FPS friendly engine start smoke
Sound mod for MG/Cannon, not sure by who

Mods loaded through #SAS dir, not JSGME (its empty). IL2 Selector is set to SAS Modact.

We fly the stock tempest mk V a lot and while we can't quite get it to go perfectly straight (as with any other AC for that matter, save for maybe ones with contra-rotating props), it only requires minimal rudder trim to get it going without having to make constant adjustments during cruise.

Another thing is that as soon as I load the Sea Fury in QMB, it violently rolls to the left and the left wing tip points at the ground and the whole AC begins to nose dive.

I then give it some elevator trim to get it flat but I have to give it a ton of rudder right trim and while it stops the rolling to left (starboard? port? whiskey?... I'll stick to left and right :), the AC begins to slip right and the only way to get it to fly straight is to tip the left wing so that it flies about 10 degrees leaning left. I only have to do this in the stock Tempest MkV if I have severe wing damage. Turn and slip indicator shows 20 LEFT. In a test, my buddy flew his in QMB, didn't get the violent left roll upon spawning and was able to trim it with the turn and slip indicator in the center. It felt about the same as the stock MkV for him. Same with the other AC included in the pack.

And like kaxii mentioned, it has a tendency to snap-stall very easily.

If there was a problem with my stick, then all AC would exhibit this behavior.

On another note, we removed this pack (and Hurri pack) and installed the older Sea Fury by SAS Cirx and it has the same problem for me but not for my friend.

I also installed a P40 pack just to check and was able to trim those out nearly perfectly. I even reinstalled my game.

In the original post, it says that non-DBW flyers need Diff_FM but I believe it is already included in SAS Engine mod.

At this point, I am completely baffled as to what the problem is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post, I just want to supply as much information as possible.

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2015, 06:24:39 AM »

Hi there, is there a stationary model for the new Sea Fury? Thanks for any info,

Jafa

• Monkeeeeeeeeeey
  • Modder
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2015, 03:09:35 PM »

I like it but needs a Redux pilot.
Cheers
Jafa.

hazeuk

« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2015, 07:34:57 AM »

HELP HELLP 2 PLANES Seafury and 1 other dont works i mean the planes if i select it isn't show  :\'( :\'( :\'(

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2015, 10:03:41 AM »

Welcome to the SAS hazeuk.
Please take a look here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,20216.0.html

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Kopfdorfer

• Potez 63.11 France's most significant AC in 1940
« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2016, 05:47:00 PM »

I apologize for reviving old issues , but I have tried to install this great mod in HSFX7.03 , and I still have failed to resolve the 90 degree canopy frame issue. Everything works fine with this exception.
I have read through all threads again , and have not found the solution.
Skunk's thread mentioned changing the names of a hier.him , but this file in my pack already has the revised name.
Any help appreciated from someone who solved this in HSFX7.

Kopfdorfer

GUZKNIFE

« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2016, 10:58:08 AM »

Redesigned mod Seafury_MkX(crazyflak)
Sea Fury Mk.X_FB11   :) :) :)

http://forum.aviaskins.com/showpost.php?p=153600&postcount=1
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 24 queries.