Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Alterations to ag_Baleares map.  (Read 13657 times)

juanmalapuente

Re: Alterations to ag_Baleares map.
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 01:41:54 PM »

That will make it easier for floatplanes and ships to pass the entrance of the port. Now, where's Noah's ark?

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 04:52:31 AM »

Hello all, I've now uploaded version 2 of the altered map, see first post. 

Old links removed.

Work on map_c has allowed the harbour to be better devoloped for seaplane operations with all take off and landing waypoints now within the dock area. ;)  All objects around the waters edge have needed to be re-positioned so check any missions you may have created.

Unfortunately the water isn't wide or deep enough to operate ships from, to have made that possible it would have been necessary to widen the water way to a width that may have made the bay look entirely out of proportion.  The changes do improve the look though.

The seaplane take off and landing waypoints at Valencia have now been brought closer to the harbour and some raised land along the harbour has been adjusted to improve the appearence.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 03:04:17 PM »

A final file has been added to the first post called additional fix.

This removes these buildings from the sea at the airfield near Valencia.

I've also levelled the airfield nearby due to difficulties with the Letov S-231 tipping when set to AI, this may be due to the C of G being altered but the undulating airfield can't have helped. ;)

juanmalapuente

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 03:37:51 PM »

Great work, thank you for the update. Manises (Valencia) airport is a good departure point for bombing missions over Balearic Islands and the blockade nationalist ships, historically It was so for SB-2 and the Vultee group, in which also the Northrop gamma participated.  :)

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2012, 01:00:53 PM »

Hello all, in the first post is an additional fix for two runways, one on Menorca the other on Malorca. 

While testing two scramble missions for QuickQMBPro it was noticed incoming aircraft were colliding with parked ones, the taxi and stay points have been altered to correct this. ;)

Included in the download with the fix is a Red and a Blue scramble mission for the map, just paste the IL-2 Sturmovik folder into your DBW install and everything should be put in place.

Two quick files are included so you can just load the aircraft for the two test missions in your QMB, hopefully they will load ok. :)

Hopefully you will already have the skins.

juanmalapuente

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2012, 05:47:53 PM »

Yes, it's something highly needed. Republican aircraft only sported roundels in the first months of war and always had the republican flag on their fins, while Nationalists always had Saint Andrews cross on fins, from the very beginning, a few days after war outbreak.
BTW, those missions look interesting, thanks Pete.

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2012, 09:18:06 PM »

Hi Pete

You've had a culture shock recently as I can see  ;D ;)

Before you were immersed in Vietnamese culture and food and now a big shock to

Spanish culture and delicious Spanish food.   :D

I hope the language isn't too much for you   ;D :D

Your doing an amazing alterations job  of this gorgeous map   ;D :)

Keep up the good work Pete.  :D

Kirby

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 10:15:36 AM »

Hello guys, I have to agree with the comments on the decals, they are badly in need of a change, far to opaque for me as well as being incorrect.  When skinning I dont reduce the opacity but use the Hue and Saturation to alter hue/saturation and lightness, this stops the see through appearence but retains a nice colour.  Look forward to seeing them changed Crazyflak.

Hope the QuickQMBPro missions are to your liking juanmalapuente, much easier than making a campaign and you can control which aircraft you use and the conditions. ;)

Hello Kirby, yes just a slight change of culture, to think all this started with me skinning the CantZ-506 in Nationalist colours. ???  Once you start something it becomes difficult to put it down. ::)

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2012, 10:24:59 AM »

Amazing work!!
 :)
I will download and fly it..

Cheers

Tom

juanmalapuente

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2012, 02:48:12 PM »

I hope you're not getting tired of skinning Spanish aircraft, Pete. Your work is really appreciated. Plus, Dreamk's batch of seaplanes is coming sooner or later, that means a lot of your favourite work.  ;)
I can imagine that Gio can also surprise us with some more new Italian beauties, let's say...a Savoia S-62, a Macchi M-41...who knows.  ;D

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2012, 03:01:50 PM »

Hello juanmalapuente, get tired of skinning Spanish or any nationality of aircraft, never I hope. ;)  I love doing the seaplanes especially, not sure why though, so am eagerly anticipating what may come next.  8)

Just a pity the Westland Lysander, Avro Anson and He-115 didn't take part in the SCW then I could really live in hope of them appearing in IL-2 and of Dreamk or Gio building an aeroplane I really want to skin more than anything else. ;)

juanmalapuente

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2012, 07:58:13 PM »

Good news for you:

He-115 was in the last month of SCW, serving in a few observation missions. And a little birdie told me that someone is working in it... ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 26 queries.