Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Aviaskin's CR-32  (Read 41049 times)

bren

• Made in SU
Aviaskin's CR-32
« on: June 22, 2012, 11:34:56 AM »

AFAIR authors of CR-32 model from Aviaskins does not prohibit of sharing this birdy after leak, but they stated that they would not continue to develop this model. Thus, anyone can continue to revision this bird, and anyone who wants to can share the model. If there are no objection, I'll do it myself: http://ge.tt/2C8hJWJ

Edit Gerax Jan-2019: should be the right one "CR-32quater" to download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bk2q38j15fiu185/CR-32quater.7z/file

!See the fix by Birdman in reply #1 below!

3D by Molva (Aviaskins.com)
Textures by Nachprod (aka MURDOC, Aviaskins.com)
Original mod by Frankiek and other SAS guys.
Edit by Admin ... comment removed as political statements are not acceptable on this site.

Birdman

• SAS Honourable Member
Fixes for Aviaskin's CR-32 (updated 25.6.)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 12:35:15 PM »

OK, now that this model is again downloadable, I'll also post some fixes:
- disappearing parts of shadow fixed, I just commented unused extra vertices
- D2 meshes used as D3 meshes to replace CR.42 parts in damage model
- cockpit moved a bit upwards to get better view forwards
- NEW: wing hitboxes fixed so that all wing parts are damaged when hit
- NEW: bomb and bomblet hooks added so that bombing missions are now possible
- NEW: CAP meshes disabled temporarily since they are Cr.42 ones and don't fit
- NEW: Cr.32 damage layers added from previous leaked version, they are made by Aviaskins team, not me

You can download my fixes here (updated 25.6.):
http://koti.mbnet.fi/raukorpi/CR32_fix.7z

Some compatibility tips for UP3/DBW users:
- You can remove the classfiles in this mod to fix bug with double loadout list. The classfiles haven't been adapted for the new 3D model at all, so only the new 3do folder is needed.
- To fix buggy default skin on desert maps just copy SUMMER folder in 3do/Plane/CR32 as DESERT folder.

Unfortunately, CAP meshes are still from Cr.42 (disabled for now), radiator could be animated, the old bomb racks and bomblet cassettes in franken Cr.32 version didn't fit well enough (currently not used but loadouts work OK without them), classfiles could be cleaned (some hidden extra meshes had to be added to get cockpit to load) and cockpit could be better. I can't finish these parts since I'm not classfile modder or 3D modeler.

juanmalapuente

Re: Aviaskin's CR-32
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 05:31:21 PM »

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Yes, I know, I'm crying, but these are tears of happyness and gratitude...Thanks to all involved!
CR32 exodus has finally finished!
Well, I'm crying also a little bit for the 3 bad guys I just shot down, they hadn't much of a chance despite they flew He-51 and CR32 too.  ;D ;D ;D
She's smooth as silk and now needs urgently the proper dresses she never could have before: Skinners, urgent, please! ;D
Thanks again and also farewell to Frankiek's franken which, despite all the criticism, has been the only CR32 we had for all these years, demonstrating that it wasn't that bad after all. Thank you Frankiek. :D

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 01:14:10 AM »

I am thinking about makling this MOST NEEDED aircraft available, but in the read-me I can only find those people that the creator thanks. Who built this new version in the first place? He/they needs to get his/their proper credits! They really deserve it!

Like everyone else I am SO HAPPY that this one is made public, finally. And it is good to see that other people chip in as well - thanks Birdman! This is exactly in the spirit of the great IL-2 modding community!

I just installed it as per standard in the DBW folder, and it automatically replaces the old Franken CR.32 for me, without any problems, which is a great relief!

A big THANK YOU to all involved!  ;D ;D ;D

Now the IL-2 Spanish Civil War can start in earnest... And all of DreamK:s new aircraft will live periously ;)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 02:32:28 AM »

Great to see an improved version of the CR32 appearing. I was never a great fan of the frankenmodel version but this looks like the real deal.

Ashe

bren

• Made in SU
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 04:14:08 AM »

I am thinking about makling this MOST NEEDED aircraft available, but in the read-me I can only find those people that the creator thanks. Who built this new version in the first place? He/they needs to get his/their proper credits! They really deserve it!
Molva — 3D, Nachprod (aka MURDOC) — textures.
Edit by Admin ... comment removed as political statements are not acceptable on this site.

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 07:02:12 AM »

In DBW 1.71
It doesn't replace the old Model so easily, it gives trouble all of a sudden old default skin appearing, or next time on game startup old model appearing, the new gone by the wind.
We had this like with Bf 110 G-4Radar or Me 262 B-1aTrainer.

I did it to get all 2 version running by editing first and second entry in air.ini, worked so far on all, instead giving the old or new model on random occassion.
My method not working ???
Some any idea?

Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

Bee

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 07:42:42 AM »

Haven't had much success with 4.11 yet.  Has anyone else got it going on this?

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 07:49:38 AM »

Strange. I just plunked the new CR.32 down in the DBW folder, and it replaced the old franken automatically, without any editing of the air.ini, and *bang* it went, without hitches.

The only thing I changed was that I removed all the old skins. It uses the same skin folder as well.
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

juanmalapuente

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 08:40:20 AM »

I had no problem either in DBW 1.7. Even tried the old skins in the puerile expectance that they fitted better the new one, but no way. Anyway, it appears in its smooth new default skin. No probs.

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 09:29:47 AM »

Same as Poltava here... works like a charm.

Except the fact that it does not carry bombs anymore (even if they are listed in the armaments menu, they do not appear visually).

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 10:43:32 AM »

Tried this way too, leaving ini's behind and without foreplay, no joy.
Just throwing in here into DBW 1.71 as for you, not working.

Update, think I found the Skin prob, only Summer folder inside, needed to create desert too, maybe that's the culprit.
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 28 queries.