Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: You know you've been playin il2 for a long time when...  (Read 8215 times)

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
Re: You know you've been playin il2 for a long time when...
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2012, 09:08:07 AM »

:D This is great! I dont have to even put anything down! You guys have all used all my answers, so i just spent 10 minutes going " gosh, i do that... and that... and... dang i've been playing this game too long!"  ???

LOL many apply to me but i am worst about trying to pan around still photos of aircraft with my mouse!

fresco
cogito, ergo sum armatus

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2012, 09:19:12 AM »

....."Yeah cool, :) That´s it! That´s how its done! That´s the best way to paint that little bloody part to fit in better!"
LMAO
...Maybe I should see a doctor about this silly condition  :-[

I hear you on that one, I just get like that on my personal skins; hence why I've only released mostly engines so far - ..I'm still attempting to figure the warping for the Ta183's main-gear/engine bay out for my unreleased custom/self made HeS 11 engine pic to be counter-warped to fit.

Oh man... OH MAN!!  :o .... the NIGHTMARES I had with that one!   :P
It took me over 3 days and over 12+ skin-tests just to map that rear-wheel door to open properly. Studying the original
Luftwaffe blueprints to see what and where the engine would go in and its compartment in the fuselage! The skin folds and
details were driving me nuts at that time. I think its been over 4 or more years since I last touched it.
Indeed, it is a cool "what if" aircraft to fly in the IL-2.
I will post for you here some screenshots for you to end your nightmare  ;D

Go to Mission4Today and look for my old Ta-183 skins. You will notice the lines where those doors open at
in the fuselage and other details like the real airplane... if it ever was built.
The skins are totally fictional of course, but fun for what-if flying in the IL-2
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

razor1uk

• Tamago no Chie
  • Modder
  • Naturally common sence is always ignored...
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2012, 09:56:31 AM »

yep Fresco, I still catch myself out trying to mouse the screen around at times.. especially so during a IL2 game or music video when the clips go internal to cockpit - say like when watching LeOne's/Dan's - Hard to See or SimAirRacing's(or Billy885's) - Born to Race

Chears for link and consolation Max, I really do feel for you at times; and all other templaters & custom skinners too, sometimes its a labour of love, others, its near almost of hate when its done with a particularly niggling part that peturbs you until it is vanquished.

What the 183 troubles me most is the internal maingear bays wall/face, its mesh/warpage is unequally irregular back to front - where part of the engine would be; its one of those 'when your bord of bordom' projects.

marcost

• Modder
  • Keep calm and run away
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2012, 02:44:15 PM »

When you think...bigger screen - check, rudder pedals - check, force joystick, throttle, trackIR, buttkicker, check check check... there must be something else I can get to increase the immersion even more...

toranamadman

• Flying Ass Clown #66
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2012, 03:23:23 PM »

It even goes further with FSX when you're going on a weekend away and you sit in your seat going through preflight , taxi , takeoff , climb , cruise , approach , landing , taxi , arrival at gate and post flight check lists in your head the entire time . As for il2 I feel like a drug addict when I can't play it (ie . video card packs it in )

jdo3

• The World War Blog
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2012, 07:32:36 PM »

This thread is hilarious!

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2012, 10:30:21 AM »

Helen is right, when you make a pot of coffee so you can stay on the comp longer, lol.
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 25 queries.