Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Sopwith Camel v1.0 by AMT  (Read 60656 times)

Spider16

• Non nobis Domine non nobis sed nomini tuo da glori
Re: Sopwith Camel v1.0 by AMT
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2014, 08:15:29 AM »

I agree with Max, who has a perfect view of events in the development of DBW 1916. Of course thanking each modders for their individual efforts to improve the simulator.

Cheers

Carlos

stalker

• overbearing
  • indecisive
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2014, 06:35:25 PM »

Satlock

• Kaput
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2015, 06:51:23 AM »

hello there, i am new here so my question might be noob hihi :)

I installed the camel and flew it around on a few training missions, i then created a mission with a few groups of camels to see how they would fare in dogfights.
Is it normal for the AI's to do really insane moves with these planes, i mean moves that seem to defy the laws of physics? Also when landing they use "magic" instead of flaps/rudder/ailerons, and are not bothered by wind or gravity(i cannot keep anything in the air at the speeds at which the AI's approach the strip).

So... did i screw up something?

Greets

Jan
4.12.2m - Modact 5.30 - Selector 3.1.1 - AI flyables 5.30 - Simple update Engine MOD 2.7.1w - SAS Common Utils 1.09 - VP Modpack - US Marine Aviation Pack - SAS AI Engine Hotkeys carriers - Dreamk's WWI weapon packs

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2015, 07:27:29 AM »

Hi  Satlock, welcome to SAS.

You should state your environment ( like game version, mods et.c ), otherwise it is near impossible to answer U.

No flaps; light biplanes have low stalls; I'm glad they land at all; AI may change behavior from game versions to game versions; a mod to
AI behavior exist in WWI of dbw 1916 (next post ); Camel had heavy torque, so were able to outturn their opponent strangely;
YOU can also fly slower, but only by reducing magnetos ( = to 2, 1 ) with this plane...

Of note: Camel by AMT is one of the oldest mod for WWI in il2. ( not first ever, but first "real" looking replica of a WWI plane for il2 ).
So forgive it's shortcomings; for a long time it was the very best and only one of it's class we had !

Satlock

• Kaput
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2015, 03:14:27 PM »

Hey,

Please don't get me wrong, my message was not meant as a complaint or anything like that. I like the plane very much, it is a lot of fun to fly, it's like driving a double clutch truck it keeps you busy hihi.
Also, from a spectator's view it is always different then when you are flying the plane yourself so the low approach speeds might be faster then they seem and the turns look more spectacular from the outside so i assume that is what's going on in my case.
But i will tell you my environment to be sure.
I have IL2 1946 with the IL-2 4.12.2m Mega Patch from this site and the following mods;

SAS_Modact_5.30_for_IL-2_4.12.2m
High_Resolution_True_Color_Textures_v1.0
SAS_Common_Utils_107
SAS_Buttons_105_Test_10Nov13
SAS_Engine_Mod_v27
SAS_Engine_2.7_patch_western_20150114
SAS_AI_Engine_HotKeys_Carriers_v25
Jetwar_13_ContentPackage
Jetwar_v133_Hotfix
ww1 bombs and guns
ww1 planes armament upgrade

Also have other planes(jets mostly and a few WWI's), do i need to list them all?

Edit:
Upon further investigation i'm starting to believe i may have done something wrong with the Engine Mod since i am also having trouble making other planes(With steering front wheel like Mig 21) steer while taxiing, the plane just keeps going in a straight line when i turn, even though i can see the front wheel turn in-game, which should work after installing SAS_AI_Engine_HotKeys if i read that correctly... Also, the Fokker E III doesn't do anything under AI control, when spawned in mid air it just hangs there without moving.
Could that have something to do with the AI's doing weird things with the camel? Tried to add screenshot of SAS folder structure but i cannot post external links...  :(
4.12.2m - Modact 5.30 - Selector 3.1.1 - AI flyables 5.30 - Simple update Engine MOD 2.7.1w - SAS Common Utils 1.09 - VP Modpack - US Marine Aviation Pack - SAS AI Engine Hotkeys carriers - Dreamk's WWI weapon packs

<Gunny>

« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2015, 05:37:17 PM »

After reading your post I went back in game to try it.
I think one thing you may need to do is to set your controls to use the blip switch
for this plane.

I stopped using the camel a long time ago because of the very bad FPS when it was used.
Today I was shocked that the FPS is working fine now.
When this plane first came out I would have 20 to 40 FPS count.
Today well over 130 FPS. I have no idea as to what I did but it all works fine now. :)

Satlock

• Kaput
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2015, 02:35:23 AM »

Gunny, i am happy to see that you can now fly the camel again so something good has come from my "problem" hihi :) . I had some framerate problems with it aswell but after reinstalling IL2 and all the mods/planes everything is running smoothly(maybe some file was corrupted).

I will take a good long look at the Controls to be certain i'm not missing anything, but blipping the engine is just to turn it off and on again while flying yes? I use the i button for that but so far i have never been succesful at doing that, when i turn it off the engine seems to slow down too quickly, as far as i know it should keep spinning like a flywheel but it doesn't so i end up having to make a quick landing.

Also, i don't understand why the engine keeps overheating all the time, i put it on magnetos 1+2 and mixture 100% and then just try to climb but most of the time the engine overheats before i reach 100m and i have no idea what to do to make it cool down other than put it on magnetos 2 and hope it cools down before i crash into a tree :P
I'm pretty certain it is something i do wrong but can't find what it is.

Greets

Jan

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2015, 07:26:40 PM »

i am also having trouble making other planes(With steering front wheel like Mig 21) steer while taxiing, the plane just keeps going in a straight line when i turn, even though i can see the front wheel turn in-game, which should work after installing SAS_AI_Engine_HotKeys if i read that correctly...
Hi. I have the same setup in 412.2m but with no WWI planes. ( ---> next post )
They were designed to operate in 410.1m DBW1916 environment, so lucky enough if they do work in 412.
( I found there is no use of an engine mod in my DBW1916 v3.4 of 410.1 ). 
Anyway, in 412 modern il2 planes respond better with left and wright brakes for turning on the ground...  ;) Do find these in Controls.
Hum, you are expanding much on your topic about the Camel.
( In real life they had to field mod cut holes in the cowling of Camels to have more cooling. )
The subject of 412m,engine mod and the overeating engines has been and ongoing issue almost everywhere...  :-X
More topics: engine mod, WWI planes (the pack! ) for 412m, or then again the E-III itself for 410:P

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2015, 07:45:24 PM »

The SAS_AI_Engine_HotKeys_Carriers_v25 in your setup ! ( obsolete )

That would seems a conflict with more the recent engine mod v27.

Replace by https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,37774.0.html  ( Note also buttons 10.5 ).
then the patch SAS_Engine_2.7_patch_western_20150114 goes on top of it.

Note currently v26 is for 410m and 411m. So v25 is not only obsolete, but not even for 412.
'Hotkeys' and 'Carriers' have disappeared from it's name ( so did' Catapults mod' previously in use has disappeared), but it's all in there.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2015, 01:16:19 AM »

If you start to install these standalone mods thats never gonna work in 4.12. The only way it might doable is to have Total Modder with its reworked classfiles (4.12 compatibility patch) by Benitomusso and the DBW-1916 update pack. Jets and ww2 should have a separate install imho.

This is what you need, ~11Gb:

DBW-1916 update https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,26088.0.html
Total Modder https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,42295.0.html
DBW 1.71 https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,21514.msg239532.html#msg239532

Satlock

• Kaput
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2015, 03:35:59 AM »

Hey, thanks for your reply's, i know i can be a little chaotic, i'm sorry for that.
I have removed the engine hotkeys carriers folder from my SAS and it seems to have improved a bit, the AI's no longer fly like they are completely insane so that's nice.

The SAS_Engine_Mod_v27 with the patch is already installed, so that should be good.

I tried the left/right brakes, works well for taxiing thank you :)
I guess i should be happy the WWI planes work at all in my 4.12.2m setup, i will wait and see maybe an update will fix the overheating...
Also i will try to create a seperate install for 4.10.1m with DBW1916 for the WWI planes and see how that goes.

Greets

Spider16

• Non nobis Domine non nobis sed nomini tuo da glori
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2016, 08:21:36 AM »

Hello comrades, they could help me with the question of the overheating of engines on Camels, Snipes and Dr I, with or without the control of management mode of the motors connected. Caused deep irritation know that Nieuports and Pup has the same types of engines and not go through the same troubles. Moreover the lack of power is very noticeable. The control by the magnets does not seem to resolve the matter. Or lack power or spare overheating

Cheers

Carlos
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 23 queries.