Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Grumman F9F Cougar Pack v1.0 by AMT  (Read 51228 times)

sphantom

• retired Fighter Pilot
  • If you wake up and see grass roots growing
Re: Grumman F9F Cougar Pack v1.0 by AMT
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 01:03:51 PM »

The fix works just tried them

Reisenkaze

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 06:53:59 PM »

I have Jet War 1.2, but after installing this (yes I did air.ini, weapons and plane ru files) I get a 20% crash.

Edit: Chariots. fixed that, added SAS AI, Engines, Hotkeys & Carriers. Problem now is I start with no cockpit and F2 to see external of plane nosing into ground. Controls not responding either.

Edit: Chariots chariots. Okay, I forgot to stick in the F9F2 mod, silly me. Works great now. If you're having issues, make sure you have the other two mods in first.

Riptide_One

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2012, 09:38:19 PM »

Anto,

Thanks for re-uploading the link. I have the skins now. Once again, congratulations to you and the Avaitor Mod Team on your great work :)!

Cheers,

Riptide

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2012, 11:24:48 PM »

great work, fellas!
i'm still reeling at all the great things happening in my favorite sim! superb! :D:D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

oldschoolie

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2012, 02:01:10 AM »

Absolutely beautiful to look at and use. Superb work, thank you.

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2012, 02:08:04 AM »

Reisenkaze: I can tell you didn't look at the readme first time did you ;) Glad you got it to work and hope you enjoy them :)

Baco: Wouldn't be hard to but there are no current planes. I STRONGLY suggest you move onto JetWar v1.2 if possible as all future jets will be using this platform (And of course, any future JetWar updates will be based upon the new missile code in v1.2)

Far77

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2012, 05:33:28 AM »

Many thanks to all involved in creation of  the nice Cougars!

I have a minor question regarding FM.

It significantly differs from F9f2 Panther (in the game). For example at speed ~500-600  kph there is a sharp transition from aircraft "diving" (i.e. a virtual pilot has to pull the stick  to fly level flight) to pitching up. The transition is rather sharp.

The second aspect is the next effect.
To pursue with speed ~400-500 kph an enemy plane (which flies straight and level)  and trying to aim at him by minor pulling the stick (pressing keyboard button several times in reality as I fly with keyboard and with ctrl+F1 view) produces no result. But when I press the button one more time the gunsight's cross jumps up a lot. In other words (at least) at some speed minor  actions of the stick don't influence on the airplane. But when the action is a little bit more - then there is large reaction ("threshold/trigger" phenomenon).

The Panther FM has no such peculiarities. And F9f6 is hardly worse than F9f2 at low and moderate speeds (for example stall speed of F9f2 is 112 knots and F9f6 - 111 knots).

AG-51_Razor

• Air Group 51
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2012, 08:47:59 AM »

The Panther FM has no such peculiarities. And F9f6 is hardly worse than F9f2 at low and moderate speeds (for example stall speed of F9f2 is 112 knots and F9f6 - 111 knots).
Far77 - I'm not sure whether you're quoting Flight Manual numbers here or experience in the game, but I routinely come aboard the carrier in the F9F-2 at speeds well below 112 kts with medium fuel loads. At very low fuel states, I can comfortably come aboard at 95 kts. I have read several real life pilot accounts of approach speeds of around 120-125 kts for ther Panther.

4S_Vega

• Modder
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2012, 08:53:04 AM »

Many thanks to all involved in creation of  the nice Cougars!

I have a minor question regarding FM.

It significantly differs from F9f2 Panther (in the game). For example at speed ~500-600  kph there is a sharp transition from aircraft "diving" (i.e. a virtual pilot has to pull the stick  to fly level flight) to pitching up. The transition is rather sharp.

The second aspect is the next effect.
To pursue with speed ~400-500 kph an enemy plane (which flies straight and level)  and trying to aim at him by minor pulling the stick (pressing keyboard button several times in reality as I fly with keyboard and with ctrl+F1 view) produces no result. But when I press the button one more time the gunsight's cross jumps up a lot. In other words (at least) at some speed minor  actions of the stick don't influence on the airplane. But when the action is a little bit more - then there is large reaction ("threshold/trigger" phenomenon).

mmmm, maybe depends a lot from the keyboard use

when i read your post i test but didn't have the same behaviour

the cougars have a bit of pich bob at low speed but anything that makes it particularly difficult to collimate an opponent

For example, in my opinion, is much more difficult to collimate an enemy in the gunsight flying a Mig-17

S3231541

• s3231541
  • SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2012, 09:51:41 AM »

I flew with both keyboard and stick, the keyboard thing is like a switch, only on and off. It's actually give you a value of 0 or max elevator. On the other hand, with a joystick, you can properly add a certain amount of stress on your elevator and it will react better. The aircraft is hydrolically powered so I think if you pull the stick at max, you'll gonna get some jumping  :P

Far77

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2012, 10:49:51 AM »

AG-51_Razor,

Yes, I citated Flight manuals for full internal fuel case.

4S_Vega,

It occurs with F9f6 in some conditons (flying rather slow) - impression as the airplane didnot response to the "keyboard" stick, but then a sudden "jump". I never experinced this with Panther or any other airplane.

S3231541,

Whatever shorcoming of the keyboard's flying but there is no such effect with Panther and other planes...

I can't say that the above mentioned peculiarities are a problem.
I just want to understand why f9f6 behaviour in flight (in the game) differs from F9f2. It is just a food for thought/testing - maybe somebody could be interested to reproduce.

Anyway I want to thank again everybody involved in creation of the Cougar Pack.

4S_Vega

• Modder
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 11:29:16 AM »

edited
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 24 queries.