Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: F-4 Phantom Helmet Resource Kit  (Read 7559 times)

RedSpade

• Thankful to all modders
F-4 Phantom Helmet Resource Kit
« on: June 07, 2012, 12:27:08 PM »

Welcome to RedSpade's Helmet Emporium

What the well dressed Pilot or EWO is wearing this season

This is not necessarily a mod.  This is a resource kit to manipulate two elements inside of an existing and available mod.  In this resource kit there are more than 130 different helmets that are pre-made and ready to install into your F-4 Phantom mods folder.  Only a a minimal amount of file renaming is required on your part.  Also included, is more than 50 different pre-made face shields.   In addition, I've included a helmet and shield void image so you can "roll your own".

Optionally, you can take one or the supplied TGA images, load it into your graphics program, add some of insignias of your own, or re-color to suit your tastes, and save them (make sure the TGA compression is not on/used).  Viola, you've just personalize your own helmet/face shield.

Complete instructions are in the included ReadMe file.

Download ==> https://www.mediafire.com/?juju4be4atsjdjd

I would like to add a personal thanks to Beebop of MT4 for his encouragement to get involved.  This was so much fun!

Also this is my first attempt at modding, if this really is a mod.  It seems more like adding electronic paint than modding. I  just put a bunch of pieces together for your use.

Credits go to the following: (I hope I did not forget anyone, let me know if I did)

LC_Crafts,OC-Tiger, Wasted, Ton414, Mario71, Batbomb, Vega, The_Alaska_Man, 51sfts_FC, BT~MilanTarik,and Ranwars

if not for the hard work of the people mentioned above, I could not have brought you this fun making set of resources.  If you don't enjoy this and have fun with it, then . . .  well WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU.

ggrewe

Re: F-4 Phantom Helmet Resource Kit
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 12:38:01 PM »

Nice RedSpade – great to have this customization – thanks  8)
Since you enjoyed it so much & have done such a great job – would you consider looking at other jets - especially the L-39?  ;)

RedSpade

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 01:35:44 PM »

I'd love to. . . but I don't know how.   :(   Each plane is different in how they handle the modeling of the helmet.  I fixed the MiG 19 (the mirror imaged 21.... bugged the hell outta me on my own install) but it is really different from the F-4.  And then I'm a beginner at this modding stuff and I haven't learned how to get inside the SFS files.  If someone can tell me, I would have a go at it.

duffys tavern

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 02:24:30 PM »

Works fine. Thanx a whole bunch!

RedSpade

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 04:43:25 PM »

Thanks Duffy.  My first upload so I was a little nervous that I had forgotten something.  Hope you enjoy it.

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 05:17:22 PM »

Thank you RedSpade. It works great.

You should meet SAS~BravoFxTrt. He actualy made helmets for pilots.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 03:19:23 PM »

cool, i made a few of my own, but it's still great to have a nice selection to choose from.
thanks! :D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

RedSpade

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 06:09:43 PM »

It was my pleasure and too much fun.  Anyway I could have made several hundred to choose from, but people have their own ideas about what is cool, and I needed to step back and let them have a go at it.   ;D   I think I noted that you had used this mod from screen shots of some of your new skins that were posted? 

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 11:46:00 PM »

not yet, you probably saw one of my custom helmets. ;)
i'm sure you'll see some of yours soon enough..:D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Hangman

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 03:08:00 AM »

Could you give a good tutorial for making these helmets like you give for mig-19 helmets

mojojojo

• the only guy who uses the wildcat in multiplayer
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 03:12:58 AM »

I'd love to. . . but I don't know how.   :(   Each plane is different in how they handle the modeling of the helmet.  I fixed the MiG 19 (the mirror imaged 21.... bugged the hell outta me on my own install) but it is really different from the F-4.  And then I'm a beginner at this modding stuff and I haven't learned how to get inside the SFS files.  If someone can tell me, I would have a go at it.
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16581.0.html
;)
i7 4790K quad core 4.4GHz/8GB DDR3-1600/ASUS Z87-A/ EVGA GTX 970 4GB/128GB A-Data SSD+1TB HDD/EVGA 650w 80+ gold PSU/ NZXT Source 530 gaming case

RedSpade

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 02:01:20 AM »

@ Hangman, Yes, I could, but I think there is enough info in the MiG19 process that you should be able to apply it to the F-4.  The problem you will have is that for the F-4 is one sided . . .  Let's say you put your name on the F-4 helmet.  In game, when you zoom in to observe, it looks great from one side, but from the otherside your name is backward.  That is why solid colors or patterns work better for the F-4.  For the MiG-19 there is a distinct left side, right side top back and front, giving you much better control over the finished product.

@ Mojojojo, I saw this just tonight and haven't looked at it in depth, yet.  Thanks.  So I could take the SAS file apart, modify the helmet, but . . . can I then reassemble the SFS back together again after the modification?   Or would I need to just forever after run this particular plane outside of the SFS format?  Seems doable.  I'm still new at this.  Thoughts?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 21 queries.