Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Arsenal VG33 - update  (Read 77217 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
Re: Arsenal VG33 - update
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2012, 04:16:47 AM »

Great!!!

You are so CLOSE now!
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

David Prosser

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2012, 05:00:49 AM »

Hi mac1, thanks for the fixes. It will be appearing once, or twice in a campaign I've 80% finished. It'll be in Vichy colours. As soon as I saw that Vichy skin, I thought: Oh, lets add the VG33 to a mission or two.The campaign is not historical.

cheers

David Prosser

mac1

• Modder
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2012, 09:57:54 AM »

Great!!!

You are so CLOSE now!

I'll take inspiration from your motto keep calm and carry on :P Any chance you could capture a logfile poltava using the instant logfile mod and post it to me so I can figure out the null bug? Cheers :) Or if not how can I recreate the bug? cant seem to get it to happen in qmb but im assuming its a campaign bug yeah?

For V1.1 patch next week

- The texture mapping of flaps is fixed, but ailerons still have exactly the same problem
- The parent of Flap02_D0 is still incorrect, just change it to WingRIn_D0 in hier.him
- Fix Landing Light
- Fix smoke direction
- Fix flame  direction
- Fix direction of propellor spin -  apparently this engine spins opposite way can anyone definitely confirm this?
- Fix propellor spin missing blade normal
- Normals of gear well covers are reversed
- make markings overlays
- Stabs, flaps and right aileron are placed a bit too low in hier.him - adjusted them slightly
- Bf 109 damage textures don't really fit, maybe you could ask Vpmedia to create perfect ones
- The center of the 3D model is a bit too forward causing heavy tail on ground and a bit odd pitch movement in air - this im not sure about, the wings are forward on the plane and the COG is currently under the cockpit where the wings join so I dont know how much the COG is off. ideas?

Birdman

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2012, 02:51:01 PM »

The center of 3D model is usually roughly at the aerodynamic center somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 of wing chord, but now for VG.33 it is almost at the rear end of wing. You can mark the center of preview window for example with ruler in front of your monitor and scroll the plane list to see that most planes are centered like that, but Pe-8 and Yak-7 are buggy, for example.

The easy fix for the center position is to simply move CF_D0 in hier.him with respect to _ROOT_. You'll also have to change parent of GEARC3_d0 to Tail_D0 since now you'll get tail skid hanging in the air when tail is lost. I also see too small LOD values for damage meshes so that damaged parts disappear at distance.

P.S. Some modded jets have also a bit buggy center position with their swept wings and that is the reason for leaping take-offs. Pe-8 and Yak-7 use GC_Gear_Shift parameter in FM to fix ground handling, but leaving the 3D incorrectly centered is not recommended since it still looks odd in air when pitch changes. MiG-15/17 and Sabre FM makers haven't found that parameter yet, so fixing center of 3D would give them realistic rotation in take-off.

mac1

• Modder
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2012, 09:18:20 AM »

Thats great thanks man. You've been an invaluable resource! :D

mac1

• Modder
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2012, 09:35:11 AM »

By the way poltava I haven't been able to re create you're bug so Im just wondering if you completely deleted any previous version of the plane then unpacked this one?

JG13~Wulf

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2012, 01:23:43 AM »

Hello, is it normal that the VG 33's wings are undestructible when shoot on them ?
I use all the ammo of my BF 109 but nothing (no holes and AI pilot flew like normal).

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2012, 02:38:43 AM »

I have tried to do a very simple test mission on a stock map (Smolensk) both with and without take-off and landing. And I'm afraid that the results are the same: "Mission Loading Failed: Null".  :-\

Sorry about being such a NOOB but where can I find the Log File?
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2012, 03:05:40 AM »

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,13457.0.html

and if the log is not complete, possibly use this:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,19308.0.html
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

mac1

• Modder
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2012, 04:00:08 AM »

I have tried to do a very simple test mission on a stock map (Smolensk) both with and without take-off and landing. And I'm afraid that the results are the same: "Mission Loading Failed: Null".  :-\

No dont be sorry! If you send me the mission files I can try and recreate the error, its a bit of a show stopper :(

David Prosser

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2012, 04:38:53 AM »

Thanks again mac1 for the plane. Players should avoid spins. Recovery is difficult.

cheers

David Prosser

Benno

• Retired Airline Pilot
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2012, 03:30:16 AM »

Hello Epervier !
I'm getting the 70 % error when i install the VG33,  are the Air+Plane txt correct  ??.
Using 4.09m/2.1
merci  :D
Benno
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 26 queries.