Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Arsenal VG33 - update  (Read 77601 times)

propnut27

Re: Arsenal VG33 - update
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 11:37:09 AM »

I just finished testing this sweet little fighter. A wonderful job. Many thanks for all your labors. A couple of things did occur to me, however.
1. The landing gear doors appear a proper grey when the gear is down, but they look white against the grey underside of the AC when the gear is raised.

2. the controls are very sensitive. It takes real attention and a light touch to get the plane to perform. That may well be prototypically correct. IDK

3. The on-the-ground stance of the plane seems somewhat nose-high. Again, this may be right.

4. There are no nav lights, or landing light.

I in no way want to seem negatively critical. The plane is beautiful. Your work is excellent. I'm thrilled to have the VG33 in my game. I look forward to seeing more great things from you.

mac1

• Modder
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 11:40:35 AM »

Hey great job on improving this model! I did notice a couple of things and
they are with the propeller and tail skid. The VG33s Hispano-Suiza motor
spun the prop counter-clockwise, whereas the one we now have spins
from left to right (you may already know about that one).

Also this plane has a tail skid, but you can still manage to lock the tail wheel
while on the ground. Thank you again mac1 for this effort! She's a beautiful
looking aircraft  8)

Ah I remember birdman mentioning the rotation before but I didnt understand that it was actually meant to be like that historically, that is interesting and lucky for me an easy fix. The tailwheel is easy too. Ill put them on the list and patch them eventually, also the nav lights etc... Glad the skins work and people can enjoy it, cant wait for a few missions and some nice skins to try my hand at flying this plane for fun. Id really love to see a skin like this one:

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 02:12:07 PM »

I am so VERY sorry to have to say this, but the AI still can't taxi, but just steers off the runway and - BANG  :'(

And after failing once, all subsequent attempts end up with "Mission Loading Failed: Nul"  :o
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 02:44:30 PM »

I am so VERY sorry to have to say this, but the AI still can't taxi, but just steers off the runway and - BANG  :'(

And after failing once, all subsequent attempts end up with "Mission Loading Failed: Nul"  :o
Yep same problem here,also noticed on start up when the engine starts the flame and smoke flys out of the exhaust pipes backwards.   

mac1

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 02:47:44 PM »

very silly bug, Gods give me patience but I'm trying, its hard when your on your own and still learning very much so, ha ha ha :D re-uploaded and fixed. :D Much appreciated for everyone spotting these things.

Birdman

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 03:32:16 PM »

Thanks a lot for this great plane and so many bugfixes.

However, some bugs are still there:
- The texture mapping of flaps is fixed, but ailerons still have exactly the same problem.
- The parent of Flap02_D0 is still incorrect, just change it to WingRIn_D0 in hier.him.
- Normals of gear well covers are reversed.
- Stabs, flaps and right aileron are placed a bit too low in hier.him.
- Bf 109 damage textures don't really fit, maybe you could ask Vpmedia to create perfect ones.
- Prop rotation axis is still a bit off-centre, but no longer tilted.
- The center of the 3D model is a bit too forward causing heavy tail on ground and a bit odd pitch movement in air.

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 03:59:01 PM »

Birdman have you noticed the start up animation is backwards that is the fire and smoke comes out of the exhaust stacks backwards?Just want to make sure it's just not me.

mojojojo

• the only guy who uses the wildcat in multiplayer
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 04:42:37 PM »

strange. my game (4.10.1 DBW 1.71) was crashing before the splash screen, so assumed it was a java problem. i found the faulty classfile (2545C1A0CB131D8E) and removed it. everything works fine now. probably a conflict.
i7 4790K quad core 4.4GHz/8GB DDR3-1600/ASUS Z87-A/ EVGA GTX 970 4GB/128GB A-Data SSD+1TB HDD/EVGA 650w 80+ gold PSU/ NZXT Source 530 gaming case

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 11:48:59 AM »

Right, another one down: NOW SHE CAN TAXI!  :D

One problem remains: the next mission I once again get a "Mission Loading Failed: Null" message. I though these two bugs were connected somehow, but obviously not -  :-\

And removing that faulty java mentioned above did not fix it...
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

woofiedog

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2012, 01:06:17 PM »

Excellent update for this aircraft... Thank's!

nonaiansia

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2012, 03:04:21 PM »

Thanks for this great plane and template.
I can not put the blade of the propeller and spinner in the mapping template
seems that the skin on the side of the plane is reversed

mac1

• Modder
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2012, 03:54:54 AM »

Ill see what I can do about the mission null bug and the prop spinner. Im collecting all these bugs and am going to release a v1.1 in a few weeks time that hopefully is near perfect for campaigns and stuff
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 23 queries.