Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down

Author Topic: P-40 Pack v1.1  (Read 91378 times)

WxTech

• Modder
Re: P-40 Pack v1.1
« Reply #216 on: July 03, 2019, 04:15:25 PM »

It turns out that I didn't need any extra weapons.

Tried out the birds, to verify that they work. I had a couple of CTDs, before figuring it must result from my modded classfiles which incorporate the gear damage mod (and probably other stuff), as well as improved compass behaviour. So I simply replaced the classfiles included here with my own. Seems stable now.

-----------

I note that the F and K use the M cockpit. I should think they should instead use the E cockpit. I've already altered the F class file accordingly, and am planning to do the same for the K.

That's because the principal difference between these 'pits in our game is the gun sight. The E was fitted with an early N-2 sight, which had the sight head as a cast piece having triangular metal sides supporting the reflector plate. Some of you may already be using my sight mod for the E, and know what I'm talking about. (My F4F-3 has a similar sight head, albeit of taller form suitable for the generous look-down angle over the cowling on such Navy fighters.)

I've seen pics of the K having badically the same sight head, albeit with the sight body lying horizontal and having an intermediate mirror housing. But fundamentally the same basic sight.

As far as I can tell, it was only later '40s which were fitted with the 'cleaner' sight head having just the reflector plate glass protruding up from the sight head. As for my sight mod for the M, which I hope you all are using. ;)
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
« Reply #217 on: July 04, 2019, 01:36:41 AM »

It turns out that I didn't need any extra weapons.

Seen? I guessed was the same of Hurricane and almost all other similar mod. P-40 pack, IMO, is not a good start point to work on modding P-40. Better to start from stock ones. The various non-stock variants in P-40 pack are arguably, and some defective (see this thread about P-40N).

HTH
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #218 on: July 15, 2019, 02:04:07 PM »

P-40 pack, IMO, is not a good start point to work on modding P-40. Better to start from stock ones. The various non-stock variants in P-40 pack are arguably, and some defective
The creators of this mod pack will surely appreciate your recognition of their efforts.
"That thread" about the P-40N... well, I'll think about making it sticky as an example how not to report something.

Thanks for your time, entertainment, help, the fish and everything else.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
« Reply #219 on: July 16, 2019, 01:12:11 AM »

Thanks for your time, entertainment, help, the fish and everything else.

You're welcome! ;D
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 25 queries.