Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: DCS: P-51D  (Read 12218 times)

jdo3

• The World War Blog
Re: DCS: P-51D
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2012, 08:03:06 AM »

You all must remember that we are talking about two different types of flight simulators here.

DCS sims are a study, while things like Il-2 are surveys. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages. I'm going to keep Il-2 until the end of time, simply because it already has a huge selection of aircraft, and you can mod in pretty much any aircraft from WWII and Korea and other times. Whereas stuff like DCS P-51 and DCS A-10 are studies, which (whenever I get them) I'll keep until the end of time because of their ultra realism and flying like the real thing. But comparing the two is, in some areas, apples to oranges. Not in all, but in alot.

My two cents...

mmaruda

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2012, 07:41:33 AM »

Hi all,
I did not want to stir up the hornets nets or anything. I suppose my intention was to recruit people into DCS... sort of. I just figured some people might be interested in doing stuff for a another platform. Also, DCS mods can be pay-ware, but don't have to be.

As for DCS versus IL-2, I know these are completely different in terms of complication, but please bare in mind that DCS now has a core engine and is not focused only on study-sim approach. There already is a free Su-25T model, which is on the same level as in Flaming Cliffs, so less fidelity packages are still possible. Also it is possible to make any plane flyable using the Su-25 cockpit, so I guess porting a IL-2 109 or a 190 to DCS is possible.

Just to be clear. I do not want people to abandon IL-2. Nor my intention was to upset anyone. My apologies to anyone who felt that way. I still play IL-2 more than any other sim and it is thanks to people who dedicate their free time, to keep the sim alive. 

Sonny Tucson

« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2012, 11:46:01 AM »

;)

Let it be ... let it be.

What's the fun to have different sims with different approaches if you want to mix them all.

Let Il2 be Il2 and ED be ED.
Let ROF be ROF
The same for FSX and Falcon4 or BMS.
I have them all, each of them has his own charm. It all depends of what I want to do ... study or having fun .

Now , this is only MY opinion and I could easily understand that a lot of members of the community won't agree but , as far as I am concerned , Il2 has already gone too far.
For me Il2 must and must stay a " prop " WWII sim.
I do not see the interest to make a M.D.D. F4-E for Il2.

These beasts are  ( my humble opinion ) to much fussy for Il2.

There is still a lot of work left to make Il2 the top WW2 sim , the proof of it is the superb work done by this community.
And I THANK YOU ALL FOR THAT !
Sonny Tucson :)

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2012, 12:10:40 PM »

Great speech Sonny Tucson !
I agree with you 100% percent!  8)
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

352nd_Hoss

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2012, 12:27:54 PM »

Sonny hits the nail on the head.................  without functioning RADAR, ECM, weapon selection capabilities, the "modern jets" are a stretch IMO.  Korean War era jets are the exception, no whiz bang electronics needed. 

With the current capabilities in il2 the modern jets are "Arcadish".  Fun to fly around the map, but no serious IMO scenarios can be made with them without said Avionics systems.

Now with all of this said I do have them installed except for the F-8 on my DBW 1.7.1 install.  Now; hoping that one of the talented modders has an epiphany, and discovers all of this was capable in the IL-2 Java script and graphic engines.....I would be one happy camper.....Fingers Crossed! ;D ................. Don't forget these are the ramblings of a person like the others, that does have DCS A-10, RoF, DBW, UP3, HSFX and 4.11.1 installed on his computer and it's just my feeble two cents worth of drivel.

Cheers :-\
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 24 queries.