Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: DCS: P-51D  (Read 12215 times)

LuseKofte

Re: DCS: P-51D
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2012, 04:21:33 AM »

The IL2 is popular for the whole package, it is more than a Sim now. I dunno, I end to fly IL2 morethan any other proven better sim. This DCG need more than a good FM before I take a bite.
In general I buy all tese kind of sims, but after buying Warthog witch got a wonderful FM a heck of a lot stupid AI's I will not touch this baby

BT~Tarik

• Modder
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2012, 05:27:00 AM »

(but I have seen the first mod, a Fw-190...)

WoW where :o And with the same details as the P-51?
That would be the right sim for me, a study sim with a FW-190  :)

Ala13_ManOWar

• Modder
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2012, 05:41:18 AM »

Funny how things go, I remember when everyone vaunted how topping IL2 FMs were.
You are right, FM's in Il-2 are pretty good... compared to CFS 2 of course, that's what I flew before it. I know very clearly Il-2 FM's are very good, it helped me a lot with the real flight (also screwed to me some things, but details compare to the benefits I had in my training), but you know you had nothing to compare with over 10 years!!! So, don't know the rest of the world, but while I'm thankful for this great sim over 10 years I also knew a lot of time ago it should be updated to a better thing in many many things, and now finally we can compare to a really serious (what Il-2 was, but ages ago!!) simulator, and we see what we knew all the time, Il-2 lacks tons of things talking about physics and advanced FM's, and also CloD didn't fixed it because pigheadedness of a bunch of guys trying to get a 10 years old game make even more money without really new things but eyecandy... We knew long time ago a better sim could be achieved, but nobody cares about it. That's the thing. Even now I'm not sure DCS guys cares about it more than this single aircraft, but they demonstrated us it could be done.

I'll still fly Il-2 for many years probably, but mostly because it's vast contents and mods, no more because it's still "the best" simulator around there but "the only" simulator for many theatres.

WoW where :o And with the same details as the P-51?
That would be the right sim for me, a study sim with a FW-190  :)
Don't know the source, may be it's a fake, but I have seen this, supposedly a mod like MiG-21Bis...

S!

Borsch

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2012, 10:01:33 AM »

Funny how things go, I remember when everyone vaunted how topping IL2 FMs were.

Il2 FM was great until An Petrovich has raised the bar in LockOn:FC Su-25 and then ROF, DCS and Falcon BMS continued with the new golden standard. Now coming back to IL2 (new or old) feels like coming back to (once great) Playstation1 graphics from PS2... Once you taste something better you cant untaste it ;)

LuseKofte

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2012, 11:36:50 AM »

Do not agree, But I must have a good campaign selection lots of objects and the whole logistic that just do not come with new sims, and I got them all, exept this DCS Mustang thing. If I go online I do it with ROF, any better sim than that I has not found. But for offline WWII this is still the best.
And that is due to the limitatated releases of other sims

mmaruda

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2012, 03:17:46 PM »

I've been a frequent visitor to Eagle Dynamics forum's lately and there is a lot going on. The Mustang changed the situation dramatically. It's quite realistic I hear, after all the guys who made it, do own the real thing. However, it's just a plane. No map, no WWII setting.

There have been numerous discussions and rants to ED about it. However, DCS now transitions to core engine called DCS world, where stuff will be released as addon packages (sort of like RoF). The thing is supposed to be mod friendly, but that is not all - ED actually wants modders to make money for their stuff, so the mod add-ons can be released as pay-ware. The Mig-21 is one such addon. The guy making it, made a mod for Flaming Cliffs and now he develops it as a full study-sim DCS package with ED's support. Some screenshots from other mods in progress showing B-17s and 190s have also been posted. There is also a Bearcat in the works (P-51 cockpit so far, but external frame looks great). Anyway, there is huge potential in DCS World, and now people who make mods can get paid.

I know there are some talented modders over here, with very good knowledge on WWII planes, maybe someone would consider switching from IL-2 to DCS. The P-51 needs some company.  ;)

Sonny Tucson

« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2012, 03:34:26 PM »

Hi mmaruda

What are you trying to do with this post ... ?
Just sounds like you are recruiting for DCS ...
Looks like it isn't the right spot !.
Let people mod for the fun of it and for the community ... not for money ... just for a change.

Sonny Tucson >:(

Bearcat

• Fighting 99th.. 332nd Redtails
DCS P-51 has anybody checked this out..?
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2012, 07:31:34 PM »

Has anyone checked out the DCS P-51?

Become a 3rd Party Develper and make $$$ with DCS..........

That new P-51 of theirs? NICE.. Perhaps if they got more takers the DCS WWII universe could really expand... It is everything all of us have ever wanted in a sim that the IL2 engine just can't do becaue it is over a decade old. IL2 will be around for a long time IMO .. but this .. this is.... very promising ...

HundertzehnGustav

• Banned on Sep 11/2012
  • Arrogant Narcisistic Pussy
Re: DCS P-51 has anybody checked this out..?
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2012, 11:36:59 PM »

yea, its about allover he goddamn forum...

but nobody posts pics. or Videos... :(

Bearcat

• Fighting 99th.. 332nd Redtails
Re: DCS P-51 has anybody checked this out..?
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2012, 07:44:35 AM »

It's easier to post this link than to trnasfer the code here..

DCS Vids @ UBI

LuseKofte

« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2012, 08:01:34 AM »

All right people once again I had to merge the topics , look a little bit before posting.
Anyway that looked awesome and I will reconsider my desition of me not buying this  :D

b
Hi mmaruda

Let people mod for the fun of it and for the community ... not for money ... just for a change.

Anyway in the lounge almost everything is allowed to post, spesially about flightsims. We are not a clan but a comunety. It is entirely up to everybody what sim they prefer, modsite, we are not here to judge anyone for anything.
This site will exclusive be comitted to IL 2 in the m other sections, when IL2 is dead this site will also go with it. But in here almost everything but spamming and comersial sales are allowed , and if it comes somthing we are not sure about, we deal with it then

Schwieger

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2012, 10:09:19 AM »

All right people once again I had to merge the topics , look a little bit before posting.
Anyway that looked awesome and I will reconsider my desition of me not buying this  :D

b
Hi mmaruda

Anyway in the lounge almost everything is allowed to post, spesially about flightsims. We are not a clan but a comunety. It is entirely up to everybody what sim they prefer, modsite, we are not here to judge anyone for anything.
This site will exclusive be comitted to IL 2 in the m other sections, when IL2 is dead this site will also go with it. But in here almost everything but spamming and comersial sales are allowed , and if it comes somthing we are not sure about, we deal with it then

Oh? In that case, we must keep SAS alive even if IL-2 dies.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 25 queries.