Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Simbuilding tutorials/ links  (Read 29660 times)

marcost

• Modder
  • Keep calm and run away
Re: Simbuilding tutorials/ links
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2013, 02:20:54 AM »

Thanks Germy, it's getting plenty of use  ;)

Stryker7

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2013, 07:57:50 AM »

Didn't take too long to wire and worked first time woohoo

Yeah, amazing the work you did there, taking a pre-built panel for a car, and wiring it into a simpanel. And the wiring it up took just a few minutes ? I guess that you did some research prior to doing the wiring, and that took how much time ? Probably several days right ?

BTW, that sub panel is this one right ?

http://www.conrad.fr/ce/fr/product/701903/Panneau-de-Commande-pour-Voiture-R18-Q1A-SCI-R18-Q1A-23B423L3R17100L/SHOP_AREA_17385

and the switch with LED is one of these ?

http://www.conrad.fr/ce/fr/product/700561/Interrupteur-bascule-R13-404L-Bl-SCI-R13-404L-BL-LED/SHOP_AREA_17385

Especially figuring out how to use the relays to switch power to the 12v portion of that sub-panel, while maintaining the 5v opeartion with the Bodnar board.

Figured it out all that wiring by yourself ? Damn that is great.

I would have had to sought out some help from someone, ordered parts suggested by them, and then it would have been extra nice if that someone had even provide me with a wiring diagram to wire it up. Say like at the Bodnar forums.

You do not have a wiring diagram for that do you ? One you would care to share ?

Wish I knew how to do something like that.  :-X

Stryker7

marcost

• Modder
  • Keep calm and run away
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2013, 02:11:31 PM »

Hi Stryker,

Thanks for your kind comments! It was very satisfying to get it working.

Yes I had to experiment with the wiring on the workbench to understand how to do it. Once I worked it out, it was a quick job to solder it up.

Connections going straight to the Bodner are basically two wires - one is the common 5v which goes to one side of all the switches which arean't on the 12v circuit (i.e. not illuminated). The other side of the switch just needs a wire direct to one of the terminals on the Bodner that signifies a button. These switches can be from anything - no voltage or amperage restrictions, just metal to metal contact is enough to make it work.

The lighted switches are all automotive parts so require 12v supply, which is from an old laptop PSU. The relays are therefore rated 12v too (cheap auto ones). One side of the 12v supply goes to one power terminal of the relay, the other side goes to the switch and back (when switch thrown) to the other power terminal of the relay. So, flicking the switch on energises the relay and also lights the switch. The common 5v of the Bodner goes to one relay switch terminal and the other terminal of the relay switch goes to the Bodner board button terminal, so that when the relay is energised the Bodner connection is made as well but not on the 12v side of the relay.

I think this is the exact panel

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Racing-Car-12V-Ignition-Switch-Panel-Engine-Start-Push-Button-LED-Toggle-3018-/140955370965?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20d19845d5

Yes the switch with LED is like the one you linked, but it is included in the panel above so you don't need to buy both (it's under the red cover on the left).

Sorry I don't have any wiring diagrams but I can take photos and draw a few sketches if you get stuck

Regards,

m

snachito

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2013, 12:53:17 PM »

Great topic, info, pics!!! Marcost, Germy and Leone, you guys gave me some great ideas for my cockpit, so thank you!!

Aracno

• Modder
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2014, 08:22:08 AM »

Hi all.
Just finished, hope you like it.
Economical (30 euros for wood, glue and paint), and elegant enough to silence my wife  ;)
Next will be stick and rudder support.

marcost

• Modder
  • Keep calm and run away
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2014, 10:08:19 AM »

:o fantastic, it matches your furniture! Very good job

Decorative and functional!!

Regards,

M

Aracno

• Modder
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2014, 08:22:24 AM »

Thanks marcost.
I think i used the wrong thread to show my pit, i saw the correct one (Show us your Face, your Cockpit & your Ride!) too late.
Work done.

Aracno

• Modder
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2014, 07:23:06 AM »

Seat added, project finished.

marcost

• Modder
  • Keep calm and run away
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2014, 07:53:57 AM »

Aracno, looks great!

Aracno

• Modder
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2014, 02:28:18 AM »

Thanks Marcost!

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2014, 04:03:40 AM »

Gees Aracno

Really superb pit there.  :D ;)

If I went the whole hog and did just that my wife word have more than a few words to say with the subject

Awesome pit though  ;)

Kirby 

LuseKofte

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2014, 09:34:37 AM »

Fantastic. If I did not enjoy my Yoke so much I would have replicated your creation
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 24 queries.