Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Complete Sound Pack by Jafaem and others  (Read 27610 times)

F22-Raptor-2006

• Aviator Mod Team
  • SAS Honourable Member
    • Aviator Mod Team
Complete Sound Pack by Jafaem and others
« on: December 13, 2009, 07:13:47 AM »

I compiled a sound pack together for UI 1.2 or UP 1.8 (should also work for HSFX) because I didn't like the sounds in UP 1.8. Also a friend of mine wanted to change the sounds so I uploaded it.

If anyone wants this it can be downloaded here: http://www.filefront.com/15123729/Sound_Mod.7z/

This is not my work, I just compiled it together. These are sounds that I downloaded a long time ago from jafaem, his links on youtube don't work anymore to download these sounds. Also changes all Jet sounds to the new Sabre and MiG sounds by SAS and Jafaem.

Happy Flying.

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: Complete Sound Pack by Jafaem and others
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 07:43:51 AM »

Thanks, Raptor!  ;D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

PA_Willy

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 03:32:28 PM »

Thank you. These sounds are the best I have listened.

Enjoying them over UP.1.8

Flanker35M

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 11:18:03 PM »

S!

Gotta get these and give a try tonight :)

*DZR*Chimanov

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 02:00:27 PM »

Thx for this compilation, appreciated.

S!

Sir_Galahad

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 10:06:56 AM »

Thanks Raptor!
This set is by far the Best I've heard 'till now! I love Jafa P51s and Jumo Jet engines... All the sounds have a special character in this collection, and you can distinguish them very clearly!
Maybe I have just one glitch/issue I noticed on the Napier-Sabre's Tempest: you cannot hear a difference when the canopy is open: maybe I should add a line or something in the .prs? Any suggestion to where to look at?
BTW I installed it in my messy SAS_Mod game (I'm still using the original UI1.1.1 + updates + single Mods + SAS buttons... Anyway, I replaced all the Samples and Presets that were in IL-2/files, and checking many kites around, it seems to work Great! Love it!

Boelcke

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 02:24:43 AM »

Hi all im new here so hello to all,can yous please tell me if i can install this sound mod via jsgme on hsfx4.11 and U.P 2.0,if so can yous give me insructions on how to install it,thanks all 8)

i´m using it together with UP 2.0

installation was quite easy, creating a folder called "sounds" in the MODS folder and copying all the files with the filestructur of the download into this folder - works great :)

Sir_Galahad

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 04:43:53 AM »

I've got a trivial question about the Whistling Death (the F4U Corsair): I can't hear that famous whistle! I've tried from outside view in diving, climbing etc. but no whistling death.... Am I missing something? :-[
Cheers

Nightshade

• TFS
  • kekekeke
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 05:44:50 AM »

I wish jafa had made it but..

Here  :D
http://theghostfiles.org/FBMods.html

search for 'em.

beware! This also make anything else with R2800 whistling death too. (except the jug, I think, she uses another sound set)

Anyone know how to limit it to Corsairs? Maybe assign the sound to radiator or sth, since this replace the engine sounds.

PS. Raptor,I LOVE the sound you uploaded, but I looked in the R2800 series .prs file and the samples point to R2600, is it right?

Sir_Galahad

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 07:19:36 AM »

Hi Nightshade, and thanks for your mods (I did know already your page and have a few already working in my install): you are right about the P&W 2600 in the prs; besides it seems the only plane using the 2800 P&W engine in game are the F6F and the Jug besides the F4U...

Edit: I've installed the GFwdeathFinal sound package to check it with F4U1 and F4U1A, but still... no dice!
I've tried steep dives with 100% prop pitch reaching above 2700 rpm, both with radiator Open and Closed, but still I cannot hear the whistling sound: maybe I have overlooked some instances somewhere, or can you suggest a sure way to check that sound?
PS: I believe the new sounds are loaded, since it seems a bit different from the engine sounds I was hearing before... :-\

Nightshade

• TFS
  • kekekeke
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 10:12:42 AM »

***Eh..that's not mine, it all belongs to ghostfiles.*** ???

Judging by your comments, sorry for any confusion, though I think I didn't suggest thet they're mine.

I found this quite a long time ago, in AAA, it worked then, using 4.08m.

About the whistle, I think the maker make it come in approx. 350mph/563kph, did you use the prs file downloaded? or adding lines and additional samples files to jafa's prs, if you only need the whistle and want to keep jafa's sound.
It should be heard since the mod replaces the engine's sound.

To raptor,
PS: I checked the .prs's again, it seems like the R2600's .wav is using P&W 1830's, and the R2800 using R2600's! Without any prs using the R2800 samples given in the pack. Do we have to change 'em accordingly?
PS2: luftwaffe's guns from the pack are, if not, barely audible. Did I do anything wrong?

Anyway, thanks for the lovely soundpack!  ;D

S! Nightshade

Sir_Galahad

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 11:09:46 AM »

Sorry for the mismatch! Thanks anyway for pointing to that link... I replaced all the files involved (after copying them as back up): I went up to almost 800 Kmh but still... none was whistlin'!  :P
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 26 queries.