Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4.101m spitfires FM  (Read 3132 times)

xmlnoob

4.101m spitfires FM
« on: April 08, 2012, 01:56:55 AM »

is there a mod or fix that correct/minimize the uber super nose-up  tendency on spitfires that require heavy down trim to compensate??  or anyway to revert it(spitfires only) back to 4.09 FMs??

Thank you.

Dakpilot

Re: 4.101m spitfires FM
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 02:22:19 AM »

There is something here, not sure it addresses all marks,

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,18838.0.html

Have not used it myself yet (so many new things  :)) so not sure how it works, G/limits etc. or if it plainly reverts to 4.09. Was going to test/install when the new template comes out at A&A
I thought this rather serious issue was going to be sorted with 4.11 but no change.... even when the AI fly spits they seem to struggle and look rather wobbly  :o for an aircraft that is universally regarded as a pleasure to fly its all a bit disapointing

Cheers Dakpilot

xmlnoob

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 05:02:07 AM »

arr thanks alot, thought that was for MK9 only.  DOwnloading it for a try o7

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 05:18:48 AM »

What I find amazing is that you pretend that everything is working in 409 while buttons_SAS_409 is a true copy of buttons_SAS_410 (except for engine Hurricane).  ???
This is an issue, not a criticism!  ;)
Or you talk for a few planes that do not exist in 409.
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

xmlnoob

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 05:27:32 AM »

What I find amazing is that you pretend that everything is working in 409 while buttons_SAS_409 is a true copy of buttons_SAS_410 (except for engine Hurricane).  ???
This is an issue, not a criticism!  ;)
Or you talk for a few planes that do not exist in 409.
I'm refering to the default spits, mk5b to mk9,  i dont remember whether mk5a is default or from the spits mk1 pack i downloaded here, coz 5a dont hv the uber-nose-up  :P  Just tested in 5b, seems nothing changed...  need to disable the mod again to verify.  Or it is just as i said above, for mk9 only.   :D

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 07:33:31 AM »

According to the discussion on

http://www.vwings.net/sturmovik.php

pages, the tail-heavy spitfires are according to the historical reality: you must use elevator trim on their left-down side of the panel, it is quite visible and well functioning , marks are there on a dial.

David603

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 10:57:48 AM »

There was whole thread on this over on the 1C forums when TD released 4.10, but for the life of me I can't find it now. Maybe it got lost when they split the forums.

Anyway, the gist of it was that TD had reworked the Spit FMs using data from a Spit V tested in the US. Trouble was, this particular Spit had been kicking around for at least 6 months in the US before being tested, and by the time it reached Wright Field it was thoroughly worn out, been in some heavy landings and ground looped several times.

TD was asking for better data so they could correct the Spit FMs for 4.11, but I haven't got 4.11 so I'm not sure if that happened. I did ask CrazyFlak to use the 4.09 trim values for the FMs in the Spit IX pack as a stopgap measure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 26 queries.