Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Dewoitine 371 & 372 Ready to DL  (Read 37164 times)

Barkhorn

• I'm not a knight who say 'NI'...
Re: Dewoitine 371 & 372 Ready to DL
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2012, 02:39:21 PM »

Barkhorn, there is a already a fix for that bug at the bottom of the first post
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,24705.msg252645.html#msg252645

I tried this... didn't worked for me   :(

nonaiansia

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2012, 10:28:07 AM »

Thank you very much for all these amazing planes
covering a very important part of the history of aviation in my country

only a couple of things about the D372:
seems that the texture engine does not fit well
the propeller cone disappears with the engine running

i´m using DBW 1.71

A1_Phoenix

• Modder
  • Un maiale deve volare
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2012, 03:55:25 PM »

Yes always the same bug! The method to overcome that, is easy however - to edit the propellor.mat file inside the D372 directory. It currently points to the propellor.tga file in the 3Do/Plane/Textures directory of Il2 core (I thought this was a 3 bladed one). The fix is to add a correct 3bladed tga file inside the D372 directory (let's call it 3bladedGR.tga and edit accordingly the path line in the propellor.mat file. I'll look in the toolbox for a correct bitmap

Dreamk sorry, i think is a msh problem, i've changed the tga succesfully but running engine still shows 2 blades (i must admit.. is even better looking with 2 blades hehehe ;D )
Also, i confirm engine block presents some texture alignment/moltiplication problems, both 371 and 372, engine on or off :)

S!
Andrea

Dreamk

• Modder
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2012, 04:43:17 PM »

Ok - I'll check that.

Birdman

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2012, 04:52:14 PM »

Rotating prop texture is always for one blade only, the blades are in the mesh. Thus, the proprot 3D model needs modifications to fix the number of blades.

Anyway, a lot of thanks for all these nice planes.

I hope that texture artists create new damage skins for each plane and maybe those lighting oddities (misaligned normals due to smoothing group errors) in wings and tails could be fixed some day.

David Prosser

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2012, 07:10:12 PM »

MURDOC  Thanks for these two skins. They look fine.

cheers

David Prosser

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2012, 09:21:26 AM »

Yes, they look very nice ! but how to download them ? all the site is in Russian...

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2012, 09:26:44 AM »

Yes, they look very nice ! but how to download them ? all the site is in Russian...

above the green button, there is a set of more or less distorted numbers ... type those into the open box above the green button ... then click on the green button/press enter ...if the numbers are correct then you will be taken to another page. On the top of the page, under the orange banner/bold Cyrillic and another line in Cyrillic, you will see a blue colored link written in Latin script. That is the download link

fatty_finn

• Modder
  • "no idea"
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2012, 05:08:06 AM »

regarding several posts above, concerning DreamK's recent mods:
 1  Stellarmagic: "I do have a question though, I noticed a lot of these mods don't have a 'default' load out, which is a bit odd... wouldn't one of the load outs be the basic or 'default' load out for the aircraft?"
2   Epervier : "The "default" can be described more precisely in the file "weapons_ru.properties or weapons.properties". This is my way of doing... especially that this option is required in 409. Indeed, in 409, if there is no option "default" I noticed some bugs when using AI aircraft!

lack of this "default" seemed to cause bugs in 4.10 for me [I'm running 4.101, Modact 3.06]:
1) DreamK's planes sometimes not visible in game when flying as AI
2) if you are the pilot in FMB, game will never load unless you go into the arming/customisation screens first.
and if you miss doing that once-  that FMB game will not load at all, unless you re-start Il2 from scratch!
I seemd to fix the problem by adding the default line to "weaponsRu", eg add
 "Letov_S231.default                           default"
for that aircraft's file.
No worries now -though I havent yet tested the other planes.

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2012, 06:05:21 AM »

2) if you are the pilot in FMB, game will never load unless you go into the arming/customisation screens first.
and if you miss doing that once-  that FMB game will not load at all, unless you re-start Il2 from scratch!
I seemd to fix the problem by adding the default line to "weaponsRu", eg add
 "Letov_S231.default                           default"
for that aircraft's file.

I usually don't use any entries except for the mandatory air.ini entry ... I haven't done this for any new plane for quite a while and certainly for none at all since I started using DBW.

But you do describe something that I often encounter when a mission I put together contains too many new mod planes ... I attributed it to one of those java things or perhaps a memory issue ... I am not knowledgeable in these kind of things at all ... I really thought that weapons.ru and plane.ru_properties entries were actually superfluous ...

In any case, I added the 'default' lines to weapons_ru in analogy to your description above, but even so the default load-out doesn't appear and I still have the same issues ...

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2012, 12:21:24 PM »

It is not enough to write "Letov_S231.default" in weapons_ru to create a new load.
It is necessary to modify the file Class of the plane.
In the version 409 we are obliged to have an option "default". It is what I made for the conversion 409.
I ignored that it was identical for the version "ModAct 4.10".
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2012, 12:35:14 PM »

It is not enough to write "Letov_S231.default" in weapons_ru to create a new load.
It is necessary to modify the file Class of the plane.

I'm not really interested in creating a new loadout as such ... the weapons ork fine for me as is ... it's rather that I want to try and get around the problem that fatty_finn and I sometimes encounter with some planes in FMB ... often I can only have one newly modded plane in a mission ...

Oddly in QMB I can load as many mod planes as my heart desires and they all fly and work as it should be ...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 23 queries.