Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: NorthernBorneo_43_45 Japanese Occupation to Allied Landings DBW/UP3 SASModAct  (Read 14068 times)

Cycle

• Modder

Very detailed map and looks great! Many thanks! :)
"Lenin sagte einmal, der ungebildete Mensch stehe außerhalb der Politik. Heute aber haben wir ein gebildetes Volk. Wie wir in den letzten Jahren handelten, bedeutete, es aus der Politik herauszuhalten. Das ist eine Mißachtung des Volkes. Das ist eine Art Elitedenken." Michail Gorbatschow

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa

No Probs LoneStar Enjoy  ;) :)

Kirby

kalsonic12

Re: NorthernBorneo_43_45 Japanese Occupation to Allied Landings DBW/UP3 SASModAct
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2014, 05:36:11 AM »

Thank you so much for this map. I'm wondering how much more info could you get about allied-japan encounter over Brunei. Unfortunately even when living here I can't extract much information beyond hazy recollection of the elderly.
Simulator difficulty? Hah!

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa

Labuan Island was an eventual base for the RAAF I think the famous Grey Nurse sharks teeth squadron spitfires were stationed there and they performed numerous missions around the surrounding island.
When making this map I did find a great pdf style book on the invasion of Borneo pre invasion, invasion, and occupation. I think I have it on another computer somewhere. It was really interesting how the Japanese split up the country under Navy and Army control.

fritzofpeace

• semi-erect

Kirby, I hate to flop my ignorance out here for the world to see...
But there's an island off in the top right of this map that has a dirt airfield in the early version, a more developed one in the later.
I've been unable to establish exactly what island this is?
I know you mentioned airfields for playability.
Was this one?
Thank you, to any and all, who shed light on this.
EDIT: After wandering all over the internet, it appears the island in question is Mapun, aka Cagayan de Tawi-Tawi, aka Cagayan de Sulu. And while I find mention of American use of its harbor, and a wireless tower, I could find no mention of an airfield. Hmmm...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 27 queries.