Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: NorthernBorneo_43_45 Japanese Occupation to Allied Landings DBW/UP3 SASModAct  (Read 9733 times)

Lonestar67

• Modder

Very detailed map and looks great! Many thanks! :)
DCG And Third Party Campaign Installation Manual: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=20872.0

farang65

• never two weeks, two months, two years, two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Terror Over The Top End

No Probs LoneStar Enjoy  ;) :)

Kirby

kalsonic12

Re: NorthernBorneo_43_45 Japanese Occupation to Allied Landings DBW/UP3 SASModAct
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2014, 05:36:11 AM »

Thank you so much for this map. I'm wondering how much more info could you get about allied-japan encounter over Brunei. Unfortunately even when living here I can't extract much information beyond hazy recollection of the elderly.
Simulator difficulty? Hah!

farang65

• never two weeks, two months, two years, two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Terror Over The Top End

Labuan Island was an eventual base for the RAAF I think the famous Grey Nurse sharks teeth squadron spitfires were stationed there and they performed numerous missions around the surrounding island.
When making this map I did find a great pdf style book on the invasion of Borneo pre invasion, invasion, and occupation. I think I have it on another computer somewhere. It was really interesting how the Japanese split up the country under Navy and Army control.

fritzofpeace

• semi-erect

Kirby, I hate to flop my ignorance out here for the world to see...
But there's an island off in the top right of this map that has a dirt airfield in the early version, a more developed one in the later.
I've been unable to establish exactly what island this is?
I know you mentioned airfields for playability.
Was this one?
Thank you, to any and all, who shed light on this.
EDIT: After wandering all over the internet, it appears the island in question is Mapun, aka Cagayan de Tawi-Tawi, aka Cagayan de Sulu. And while I find mention of American use of its harbor, and a wireless tower, I could find no mention of an airfield. Hmmm...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 26 queries.