Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: USS Essex SCB-125 angled deck pack ver2.02 (4.12 / 4.11 / 4.10)  (Read 80304 times)

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
Re: USS Essex SCB-125 angled deck pack ver2.01
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2012, 11:41:00 PM »

Same problem here...they can be placed in FMB but they are invisible in game...
DBW 1.71
Ships extension 2.11 there
SAS AI engines mod
Clemenceau class ----> they work fine

logfile :

I changed many msh names at version2.00 .
Then, ships.ini is re-writed.
Erase old "USSEssexCVs_SCB125" folder completely and old ships.ini entries completely.
After it, copy versioni2.01 "USSEssexCVs_SCB125" folder to your #DBW folder and add ships.ini entries.

=AVG=WolfPack_66

• Juggalo Swagg
  • =AVG= 3rd Pursuit Squad 2nd Lt.
    • =AVG=
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2012, 02:28:42 AM »

idk if anyone is haveing this problem but when i try to spawn on the ship i start in the air thats only on the movein ships

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2012, 11:16:33 AM »

Sorry for the late reply but I just installed these ships in my DBW. You do mean in FMB and not a quick mission. I dont beleive you can take off from a carrier in QMB. Also, if you have too many planes on deck it will "bump" planes off to an air start.
When you place the waypoint "take off" look at the bottom left and you will see "set" Click that and drag your mouse over the carrier and you will see a green line following your mouse. Wait until it highlights the carrier and left click the mouse. You should then see that the line remains. Try that and see if it works.

Just a note on installing these ship.. this has to be the most extensive edditing of the ini's I ever had to do  ??? but it is well worth it when your done.  8)
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

J.j.

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2012, 01:49:15 PM »

Are there any ways to make the catapults of the carriers from this mod working? I've tried with the CARRIER MOD UP3 RC4 (link on the first page, answer 78, mod from sanka) but it doesn't work. Yet, the catapults of all the non-angled deck carriers are working?

Kazegami

• target
  • Everyone is dumb, but some are dumber than others
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2012, 04:22:54 PM »

Are there any ways to make the catapults of the carriers from this mod working? I've tried with the CARRIER MOD UP3 RC4 (link on the first page, answer 78, mod from sanka) but it doesn't work. Yet, the catapults of all the non-angled deck carriers are working?

They work for me. You just need to install all the mods listed on the first page... ;)
DFTBA

Diving_Hawk

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2012, 03:02:06 AM »

You mean they don't work at all or they do not have the necessary power.
If they do not work at all then the for some reason your carrier mod is not working properly ( I use UP3RC4 and they work with carrier mod)

If on the other hand they are not powerfull enough you need to set the mission past 1950s.

J.j.

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2012, 02:16:09 PM »

They don't work at all (but they are working with non angled deck carriers). I must have done something wrong with the installation, but I don't know what. I 've used the mod on the first post (USSEssexCVs_SCB125) and the mod 00_CarrierMod, with UP3RC4 and adding the correct line in the addup3rc4 text file to the ships.ini.

Riptide_One

« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2012, 06:59:47 PM »

Is there any news for those of us who can't get the catapults on the angle deck carriers to work at all?

Cheers,

Riptide

sphantom

• retired Fighter Pilot
  • If you wake up and see grass roots growing
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2012, 08:15:31 AM »

I followed the install to the letter then checked they show up in the objects viewer but in the campaign Korea the plane is in the water no carrier. the catapult mod is working on the old carriers but no angle decks show up in the campaign or when I make one in the fmb.

duckie

« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2012, 12:08:10 PM »

still dont understand how to get cat to work on angle deck,,, does this work on HFSX6.0.1 ?
USS Essex SCB-125 ver 2.01 works fine, i just dont get how to install cat mod tried following readme but no luck   

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2012, 05:40:18 PM »

OMG ! Got it to work at last, just now, the catapult are working for ESSEX1960's in DBW !
( previously the CTO included DBW7,1 worked with every carrier, including new Colossus class, but
I could not make it work with the Essex1960 class, everything tried... including the patch... )
So, I use DBW7,1, NO Ship Extention 2,11, added CTO v2,5 as a MOD , + the patch, and now CATAPULTS work fine...
( entered the install option 5b, the lines for UP3_RC4, and select a year for the mission above 1950's ).
I'm so happy ! ...a  new era for Vietnam war oppenning up ! Hope this will help people with catapults issues in DBW !

Is there any news for those of us who can't get the catapults on the angle deck carriers to work at all?
Thanks Diving_Hawk and western0221 for great mods !

;D ;D

Riptide_One

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2012, 10:40:14 PM »

Robhans,

First of all, congratulations on getting the catapults to work on the angle deck carriers!

Like you, I am using a DBW 1.7.1 install of IL-2. I set up a JSGME install of the angle deck carriers mod without the ship extension mod. I copied the files from the Carrier Take Off 5.2 patch into the SAS_AI_Engines_Hotkeys_Carriers mod directory and place it in my #DBW directory. I did this because I am under the impression that this mod is needed even for the catapults on the WWII carriers. When I tried to take off from an angle deck carrier in the game, the catapult still did not work.

So, it seems that I have missed some details about what you did to get the catapults to work. I do have the following questions:

1) Where can I find the "install option 5b" to which you referred?
2) Where can I find the "lines for UP3_RC4"?

Cheers,

Riptide
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 18   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 27 queries.