Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Storm over England updated to 4.12!  (Read 14845 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
Storm over England updated to 4.12!
« on: February 25, 2012, 11:53:20 AM »

Just a small heads-up that my oldie but (hopefully) goldie Luftwaffe BoB campaign "Storm over England" has been subjected to a MAJOR overhaul.

For those of you who haven't seen it, "Storm over England" is a semi-historical, static 25-mission campaign, set during the Battle of Britain 1940. You are a German fighter pilot stationed at the Channel Coast, flying the Messerschmitt Bf109E. The missions spans all the major phases of the Battle of Britain from the German side.

You can download it here: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=269

The campaign starts in July 1940 with the so called "Kanalkampf", when the Luftwaffe and the RAF fought for domination of the English Channel, and the Luftwaffe won, closing these waters for convoys. It then continues withe the action in August until early September, when the German airforce primarily attacked the English airfields of RAF and came pretty near to breaking Fighter Command. After this phase three follows, when the Luftwaffe switched to attacking English cities in general, and London in particular. (This soon proved to be an error.) And finally there is phase four, starting in early October, when the German bombers due to heavy losses switched to nighttime attacks, and German fighter-bombers started performing hit-and-run raids in the south of England, merely as a sort of tactical diversion. (The German fighter pilots hated this innovation.)

Most mission have been tweaked in some way, often just altering the timeframe of the appearance of the different RAF units. I've also added a random element to two patrol missions - sometimes the RAF just stays on the ground, and refuses to fight on your terms, as in 1940. Also I've added three new missions, plus four new interlude movies.

REQUIREMENTS: This the latest and penultimate version of the campaign has been made with the VP Mod Pack, a modded 4.12 version of IL-2. I don't have CUP myself, but people who has have reported that it runs in CUP, no missing objects! It should work in HSFX as well, but there will a lot of missing ground objects. It will NOT function on 4.10 game versions.

Thanks for looking!  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
Re: Storm over England updated!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 03:09:43 PM »

I will check this out when I get to my rig at home. Thanks for the heads-up!
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

arquillos

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 02:09:13 AM »

Thank you Poltava!
   Tried first mission and I liked it too much :)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 02:07:48 PM »

Yes, you are correct. These skins are missing from the download pack. Will update in a couple of days.

Thanks for pointing this out. It will not create to much problems, I hope, in the meantime, as all aircraft fly with markings "ON", hence the default skin will kick in.

beeps

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 06:12:46 AM »

Wow, this looks brilliant.

I have been looking for something like this. I mainly fly online and have made a few Dogfight missions in the past.

Would you object if I edited some of these missions and made DF maps for myself and my friends to fly? 

I will not be offended if you say no. I just think it is better to ask these things.

Looking forward to giving it a go regardless.

Cheers.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 09:01:41 AM »

Wow, this looks brilliant.

I have been looking for something like this. I mainly fly online and have made a few Dogfight missions in the past.

Would you object if I edited some of these missions and made DF maps for myself and my friends to fly? 

I will not be offended if you say no. I just think it is better to ask these things.

Looking forward to giving it a go regardless.

Cheers.

No, no problems! Just do it, and I hope you enjoy it. This is a community based on sharing, right?  ;)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 09:04:22 AM »

PS. I have updated the campaign in a smallish way: CWMV pointed out to me that there is a glitch in mission 4, and I've fixed it. If you have had problems with that mission you can D/L the new version (2.1) at Mission4Today.

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 09:16:52 AM »

Dude, you have the best 109 skins!

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 10:29:16 AM »

Yes, beautiful - where can one find them?

beeps

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 09:13:58 PM »

No, no problems! Just do it, and I hope you enjoy it. This is a community based on sharing, right?

You are right, it is. Thank you Poltava.   :)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 01:46:05 AM »

But thanks for asking!

pilotpimpf

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 08:03:57 AM »

Just finished reading Len Dieghtons book "Battle of Britain", an eye opener ,exposing quite a few myths about the battle.

So this campaign will be most enjoyable as have been all your other campaigns I have flown over the years.
You have a good sense of events, as you say not all the 109 fighter sweeps where met quite deliberately as ordered by Dowding and Park.
Always the main RAF order and objective was the bombers.

Thanks Poltava
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 26 queries.