Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Correct Skins for A6M Zeros in DBW / UP3 / CUP / HSFX / TFM-412  (Read 26076 times)

Yeager_1946

• Modder
Re: The Correct Skins for A6M Zeros in DBW / UP3 / HSFX-5
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 09:28:29 AM »

THANK YOU Mister Yeager_1946 and all the fine Artists-Skinners!
Much appreciated!

Cheers
MAX

Glad you like them, Max!

We're looking forward to seeing some extra nice Zero skins from you!   :)

Yeager_1946

• Modder
Re: The Correct Skins for A6M Zeros in DBW / UP3 / HSFX-5
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 09:50:03 AM »

Gumpy has just released a beautiful skin for the A6M-22. Thank you for this excellent skin, Gumpy!

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,25816.0.html

Skin by Gumpy:

Maico

• Knight Knee Dragger
Re: The Correct Skins for A6M Zeros in DBW / UP3 / HSFX
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 12:33:11 PM »

A Big Thank you for these.  Flying and chasing Zeros has never been the same since I got these.

Maico

RDDR Hangar19

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 12:34:37 AM »

Great looking skins,however...
This aircraft is one of the most historically important fighters in all of WWII
It was taken out of circulation from IL2 to be worked on for close to three years ago....Zap!! Gone.. No more Zeke
 Then came a little off here. A fix there. Oh!! lets just repair that as well...then...after months...
 the only thing the community got back was a bunch of mesh files, a void  and some extra other stuff that many people just didn't understand because they don't have the experience to just pop off a new PhotoShop Temp from a non Photoshop system.
We are not all that brilliant.
Is that a fair decision? I don't think so.
I'm not trying to create problems here. I really am not, however it really irks me to see that the only other option is to download a set of skins that has been done by a select few. Not forgetting guys like Yeager who I have a lot of respect for,but That is it..
 I think back to all the great skins that were done on Jesters Templates that were very good. VPMedia's work I remember was exceptional. There were others as well.. It was an aircraft that many folks wanted to take a crack at, but the option was removed by whoever?

Here we are,almost three years later, with only a select few folks having a working template and probably having no plans to release it to the general public. Not sure why?
Well. I am going to say that for those who might appreciate my thinking...Hang on.

I'm going to do my very best to fix that, and somehow,not quite sure at the moment, but I am going to put out a real effort to get a Zeke Template out there for everyone who love this bird and remember how much fun it was to skin.
  It is just not right that this has happened.

Anyone who wants to jump me for speaking my piece is welcomed to do so. I have a tough skin, but
I have always felt that the biggest reason for the success of IL2 is not only the creative and thoughtful modding that comes from this great site, but the family spirit and the love of Aviation. Everyone should have this opportunity.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 01:48:17 AM »

You can revert to old 3d if you want to use old skins:
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=1879

RDDR Hangar19

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 07:56:33 AM »

Thanks VP, for the heads up.
I think it's best to be looking ahead on this one.
Be Well,
RDDR

dietz

• Supporter
  • " Keep watching the skies...."
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 01:21:20 PM »

Many thanks! I had just noticed that none of my old & ancient Zero skins worked & wondered what to do about it.Having all of these in one place has really cut the job down to size!

Yeager_1946

• Modder
Re: The Correct Skins for A6M Zeros in DBW / UP3 / TFM-412 / HSFX
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2014, 05:54:19 AM »

I am going to put out a real effort to get a Zeke Template out there for everyone who love this bird and remember how much fun it was to skin.

Well everyone, I can tell you now RDDR is a man of his word... We now have a whole set of amazing templates for the new Zeros made by Emel!  :)
Emel is one of the very best template makers out there and without his help this would simply not have been possible.
Thank you very much for all your hard work on these beautiful templates Emel! And thank you very much for sharing them with the entire IL2 community!
A big thank you also goes to RDDR who spearheaded this project of getting templates out which everyone will have access to. Thank you very much, RDDR!

Emel's excellent new Zero templates can be found here:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=40188.0

In addition RDDR has released a truly amazing skin pack for the new Zeros using Emel's templates. Thank you very much for all the time you put into these beautiful skins RDDR!

RDDR's beautiful A6M skin pack can be found here:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=40080.0

If you use TFM-4.12, DBW, UP3 or HSFX start downloading. I can highly recommend RDDR's beautiful skins and Emel's excellent templates!

Here are some (but not all) of the beautiful skins RDDR made using Emel's excellent templates:

Skin by RDDR, using eMeL's template:

Thank you very much for making all of this possible RDDR & Emel!  :)

Oyster_KAI

Re: The Correct Skins for A6M Zeros in DBW / UP3 / CUP / HSFX / TFM-412
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2017, 01:57:40 AM »

I'm using HSFX,My zero fighter skin in Training movies has wrong skin(old type)
How could I fix them?

Yeager_1946

• Modder
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2017, 04:41:56 PM »

I'm using HSFX,My zero fighter skin in Training movies has wrong skin(old type)
How could I fix them?

It sounds like the training movie loads a skin for the old 3d that's still in your Zero skin folders.
The easiest way to solve this would be to look in your Zero skin folders and delete the old skin that's used in the movie. The game should then use the new 3d's default skin.

Alternatively, if you want to use a specific skin to replace the old skin (for instance if you want the skin to have specific markings), you can rename a skin of your choice to have the same name as the one loaded in the movie (for personal use of course). The new skin should then be displayed in the movie.

If you're not sure how to identify skins that are for the old 3d, simply compare the layout of the skins. Here's a quick way to identify skins...
On the old 3d's skins, the canopy consumes a large portion of the .BMP image's surface (look in the upper-right corner of the image for the huge canopy).
In contrast, the new 3d's skins have the canopy to the correct scale and position on top of the fuselage.

I hope this helps.   :)

Groovy Greensnack

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2019, 06:50:59 AM »

Sorry for necroposting
I want to know if anyone here has any skins for Japancat's A6m7's.

Also here on this blog are a few skins for JC's a6ms. http://redler.blog111.fc2.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 21 queries.