Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Tips & Examples for QMB Mission Builders  (Read 28899 times)

LuseKofte

Re: Tips & Examples for QMB Mission Builders
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2010, 10:03:05 AM »

No you got to place the ac as you do on any other mission, for myself I like to do nonemissions00 , 10 ,20 on different places on map just for the change

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2010, 07:57:38 AM »

No you got to place the ac as you do on any other mission, for myself I like to do nonemissions00 , 10 ,20 on different places on map just for the change
Good tip. Thanks LeOne.

Sharkzz

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 08:10:41 PM »

I used to be able to type in "Ships" in the ( scamble.airbase, none etc) drop down menu.
now i can't type ships in there, I wanted to do shipping and carrier QMB's and wanted mediteranian and atlantic waters QMB. Having hard time trying to understand how to get this done, any heads ups will be very much appreciated.
thanks
New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2011, 04:21:26 PM »

If  I 'm in the wrong place for this I humbly apologize.

I have been trying to make a strike QMB scenario where an aircraft in the "4 sets of 4" will take out the AA/Flack guns in the first pass & then come around for the vehicles, tanks etc.
I can not get the aircraft to shoot at the flak/AA guns for the life of me. They will shoot at everything else though
I have tried destroy, destroy ground, used the green set thingie, made the guns a primary target, changed the type of guns from stationary to a way-point required.
I have tried single fighters, il2's with rockets and everything else I could think of, but no joy...

I have a printout of the FMB tutorial from long long ago  have read & re-read it.

I have an HSFX install  am using QMB combo..".which a great piece of  software" I love it.

A Pilots Prayer:  "May you not run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas all at the same time".

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2011, 06:36:27 PM »

To Sharkzz, for Shipping and carrier related QMBs please visit Flying Nutcases Fullmissionbuilder site, it is mandatory and a Tutorial with pictures/screenies showing how it works, this site has them all, the skills you need for FMB Missionbuilding and QMB mission building, which is based upon FMB.
I never found anything more usefull than his site, except my Buddies over at Mission4Today and their in-Detail knowledge.
There were also Topics here on SAS where we had it discussed already.

http://www.il2-fullmissionbuilder.com/takeoff-waypoints.html
http://www.il2-fullmissionbuilder.com/heavy-carrier-takeoffs.html

Or you just alter the MTO QMB to a Ship Carrier scenery, not hard, just make a copy of MTO and rename to MTO-Naval or anything else and make sure your Missionsnames start with the Folder Name i.e. MTO-NavalRedScramble00.mis, assuming the Allied side is carrierbased, place a few ships, the Illustrious on it and assign T/O points to the Carrier, place them near it. On Mission start you can scramble on the Carrier, even in QMB. You can completely Move to the sea if you want, only your imagination is the limit.

PapaG39 I can't imagine what causes this misbehaviour, in my QMBs they attack what I select them to attack Ship, Static Object, Airplane or, Tank, truck or nothing at all.

Best way to test would be a custom scenario of static Flak, an artillery (non-static Flak) and a Maultier placed without these uncessary Groundobjectives/Radius or Primary/Secondary target Bla-Bla and see how AI reacts. Now that you ask I'll do myself too and give the results.
As far as you don't select Modded objects, you can use UP, HSFX or any IL-2 version as long as you stay on stock objects, to gain compatibility.

Here are the results:
Map: MTO_Online
Target: 1xMaultier, 1x Artillery/88mmFlak & 1x Stationary Object/88mm Flak
4x4 Tempests (Following loadouts: Player Squad with Rockets, 2.Squad with 2x1000lbs and 3.Squad Default, one Flight for each target)
Mission completed without loss or no target left untouched.
Targets I assigned just by setting Waypoint to the target(no setting of Mission Objective-Target radius or Primary or secondary stuff), in FMB this Waypoint selector/green thingy switches to Groundattack Icon if selected to a target/Right?, depending on your loadout AI will probably straff with what they have/Guns if in Default or use specific loadout.
Flight 4. acted as a flyby Squad.

In my second testflight I changed my Squads Loadout to Default, to check my Buddies can really straffe, and they did, completed mission objective, but before rejoining after attack, two of them #2 and #3 making a loop afterwards and crashing to ground, for unknown reasons. #4 rejoined and made it home. These Player Squads AI-straffe behavior can be examined in DGen Campaigns too, being very obsurd, crashing from out of nowhere, just like they seem to be Kamikaze all of a sudden, after completing mission objective.
I did this one in a second turn, with only #2 crashing in this mysterious manner. Further investigations scheduled to Knoch-Air Force Intelligence.

Result: Target destroyed, by AI, Player(Me) was lazy just watching the show and saving Ammo, AI Straffing w. guns and/or using the rest of the selected loadout options, all thru the waypoint Target selector. 3 losses out of a Flight of 16 over 3 Missions, due to human sorry AI-misbehavior or technical issues. A good tally.
Player Flight-AI losses in this case can be player produced, AI unable to stay in Formation for Player flying like a Jerk, or unable to forsee his un-AI actions.
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2011, 10:29:57 PM »

Well Knochenlutscher I have started with a complete new map (Smolensk default) and made 4 flights of 4 for red and blue & saved it to the quick missions.

I also just setup 4 different guns all different and did just the set green thingie and the sec0ond aircraft in all four flights shot the gun dead.

I then added two moving vehicles groups in different areas and some of the AI would break off after the first attack and attack these vehicles.

I am going to just delete all of the ground targest on my first map and re-do by just adding the guns & then the other ground targets later & see if that will work better.

A Pilots Prayer:  "May you not run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas all at the same time".

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2011, 05:28:51 AM »

People,
             my next version of the Mission Pro Combo will give us the chance of having Briefing for the QMB missions, something that for me always was an important missing in the game.

So for those who are writing QMBs, I can suggest (if you want of course), to write the proper descriptions for them, because they would be useful later.

Thanks,
                     Pablo

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2011, 12:08:53 PM »

Thank you Pablo.  I will write you just what I was using and trying to do. 
It is going to take a few days for me to try and sort things out properly so you may have an idea what I was trying to accomplish.
S!

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2011, 03:06:46 AM »

According AI and Groundattack Target settings & behavior, please take a look at Mission4Todays Forum for Mission building, start reading from the beginning, not recent posts, in the past I knew we had some interesting topics there.
If you're not registered there yet, do it, it's worth, has also a strong FAQ section regarding FMB, AI etc.

Mission Building Knowledge Base:
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&cat=40
Mission Builders FAQ:
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&cat=13

some very interesting examples:

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=1603
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=595
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2011, 02:56:10 PM »

I have just spent another complete week screwing around with trying to build ground attack maps &  have read your suggestions.

When I do a FMB map and just hit play on that map and watch from the camera each and every aircraft hits its assigned target...

when  play the same scenario from the saved QMB, even using the same exact aircraft & load outs, most of the flights just fly on by.

once in a while an aircraft will dive down and shoot a target, but mostly they do not do anything. 

Even when I fly the QMB myself and tell all 4 flights to attack ground, target all or specific targets..  sometimes some do and sometimes they don't.

This is always been a FMB problem when setup in the QMB. 

1c never did go into the fmb and fine tune it.

It is to bad that a real knowledgeable mod maker, ( that wants something to do) , couldn't overhaul that FMB.
It has needed it since day one...

Sharkzz

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2011, 09:05:34 PM »

~S~
big thanks Knochen , appreciate the help m8
~S~
Sharkzz
New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2012, 02:45:43 PM »

Simple question but haven't found an answer:
How do I add another map that's included in DBW into the QMB scrolldown list?
Have read somewhere that you need to add an entry in the Quicks/QMBMaps.ini but there ain't no QMBMaps.ini.
I'm on DBW1.71 + MissionPro Combo by PAL enabled.
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 23 queries.