Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: J7W1  (Read 111048 times)

mac-601

Re: J7W1
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2010, 07:20:32 AM »

I've tried to actualy position rudder forces near the center of gravity...but then I get a plane that is so directionaly unstable that it can't perform a simple roll.So this is a small compromise just to keep it flyable ;)
About AoA,maybe it just looks massive because elevators lift the nose instead of lowering the tail (where pilot sits at the pivot point)...

Maybe I could propose a different approach:

If the aircraft was only an experimental concept - a plane that flew only few times at all (twice?) it should be done in a way that shows all the flaws and bad sides of flying a machine that is still in its early development and is tricky to fly as hell.

Just a thought; but some times I feel some kind of disappointment when I jump in cockpit of some monster with unique design fitted with 2000hp engine behind me and I am able to fly it without any problem while for example the I-16 can still surprise me in a tight turn.

What do you think?

caldrail

• http://www.unrv.com/forum/blog/31-caldrails-blog/
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2010, 08:07:06 AM »

What would work well is a catapult kamikaze version. That wouldn't need recovery surely? And... What would work even better on a carrier (though the japanese were having trouble keeping them afloat by 1945) is the jet version.

It seems the Germans had a similar aeoplane too, as this rare and never before seen photo reveals...

(I'd love to upload the skin, but it really is rubbish compared to the others on this thread - It's just too embarrasing  :-[

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2010, 09:03:52 AM »

google henschel P.75

Metatron

• Modder
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2010, 05:03:54 PM »

Great plane. Is the cockpit unfinished or have I made a mess of my files? instruments exist but without any lettering or glass.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2010, 10:20:15 PM »

you messed up your files.
did you install the ReVi over the latest version?
not nescessary anymore. gives an effect sort of you describe.

although the cockpit could use some aging;)

Metatron

• Modder
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2010, 06:27:15 AM »

aha. Cheers. This is not really clear in the instructions, but no matter. Great stuff.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2010, 02:51:00 PM »

Hello again everyone,
as promised here are the first batch of skins for the brand new aircraft Mod
created by Mr.Kodama.

I would like to thank mr. Highlander_262 for sharing his very nice template, which I
have also added parts of my own template and worked with both to create something cool.
I have created a whole new cockpit interior for this aircraft, and added alot of other new
details to it, so I hope you enjoy it, as much as it was my pleasure to paint it.

Cheers
MAX-theHitman

Skins can be downloaded at Mission4Today (downloads4Mods) http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&c=26
Many more skins coming soon.
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

mik88

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2010, 12:04:22 PM »

Yesterday I installed the new F-86s and MiG-15s & -17 and when I set up a QMB between the F-86 and the J7W1, the scheme on the J7W1 was completely warped from the mid-fuselage to the back, wings included. In fact when I opened the QMB window of the J7W1 I could already see the distortion. When I modified the same mission with the MiGs, the problem was gone. Therefore, the conclusion is that there is some clash with the F-86s. It only affects the skin as far as I could see. In all cases I was flying against the japanese. Has anybody else experienced this?
I've got a 4.09 installation with SAS mod activator and all mods installed manually.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2010, 12:32:51 PM »

So, just to be clear, you say that the F86 mod is causing the skin of the J7W1 to appear warped. You did make sure that in that instance, you were using a J7 skin, and that it was not perhaps, a skin from another plane that slipped in there?

mik88

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2010, 10:56:27 PM »

No, it was the default skin, and as I said, just changing the F-86 for a MiG-15 or -17 in the QMB and the skin wasn't warped anymore! The forward section of the fuselage wasn't affected.

zack

• Ad Astra.
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2010, 07:08:27 AM »

1st page of this thread, 1st post by Tater

Unfotunatelly it's not.
My Shinden still looks like this:

No gunsight, full cockpit gauges. cannons etc...
Gentlemen - please help me.
Could You give me the DIRECT link to download full plane as You have?

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2010, 07:13:57 AM »

go to the link at aaa, and download the version in the first post there by the author, and remove your old versions before installing the new version.

in case you struggle to find : http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23070&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
by kodama.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 25 queries.