Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pacific Fighters...?  (Read 5640 times)

brettt777

Re: Pacific Fighters...?
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 09:04:33 PM »

Kiwi, yes that is with the mod installed again. Also, that ~wrapper.cache file is in the #SAS folder and I think that got installed somehow after the F9F did which may be why it works. So I will delete that file and see what happens. If I get the same thing, I will do an entirely new install and update and start over.

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 09:32:25 PM »

I installed a plane once that gave me the same problem even had the 70% ctd,it came with a diff fm file that I took out.After that no problems.

brettt777

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 09:39:10 PM »

Okay so I am guessing that the wrapper.cache thing was the issue. I deleted that file and disabled the mod file caching and it loaded fine and flies, etc. The only thing is, I don't get a nice smooth frame rate like I did before. It seems to kind of stutter a bit and every few seconds I get about a half second stick that makes it very hard to get that Zero in my sights. It may be totaly unrelated but could the mod caching cause that?

brettt777

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 07:12:27 AM »

Well, it use to be smooth as glass for the most part. I have an Asus G73 with a i7 QM720 @ 1.6ghz, 8gb DDR3 and a Radeon HD 5870 1gb DDR5. Could the mod files caching disabled be what slowed it down? I wonder if I get a new fresh install and get the mods working one at a time, and THEN turn the mod files caching on, will that bring it back where it was...? I'll find out, but one thing at a time. I will start on a fresh install this evening. Thanks again for all your help. I'll let you know what happens.

brettt777

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 09:36:42 AM »

I turned the mod file caching back on and it started fine. This evening I will see how it looks and runs. Then I will disable it again and see if I can get any other mods to work. This might have been my problem all along. But fear not, I will definitely still do a fresh clean reinstall. I am kind of anal about having nice, neat directories and folders on my machine.
Kiwi, you said something about adding some anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing. How did you do that? Is it something that can be done to individual aircraft or is it something you do outside of IL2??

brettt777

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 05:26:17 PM »

I'm finding at 1920 x 1080 just a little bit of AA and AF goes a long way, since I like to keep the frame rate up.

How are you getting 1920 x 1080? My machine and monitor will certainly do that but I never see anything higher than 1400 x 1050 in IL2, or 1600 x 1200 if I want it to look funny.

brettt777

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 07:41:50 AM »

So, I got really brave last night and installed IL2 - 1956... and it worked! That mod files caching was the issue all along. Anyway, I added some AA and AF and set the max resolution to 1920 x 1080 and all looks good (it shows up in the setup or in the in game video modes as 640 x 480... strange. But it looks great in the viewer). The MiG-15 and F-86 look spectacular! With the F8F, it looks good but it still stutters. The other planes run fine; smooth as silk. But for some reason the Bear is rather stuttery. Is IL2 very dependent on the GPU or is it more load on the CPU like FSX?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 26 queries.