Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: amazing pilot animations  (Read 3119 times)

.50calBMG

• Landing just means stop flying, right?
amazing pilot animations
« on: January 27, 2012, 09:51:06 PM »

I'm asking anyone who could possibly know,

theres a few youtube vids of amazing looking pilot animations like flashing the V for Victory sign and removing the headset for the pilots and tossing shells to another person for the AA gunners. Ive been searching around and cant find 'em. if I could get a link or something to the mod that isnt the AAA or AAS website, that would be great.

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
Re: amazing pilot animations
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 09:57:20 PM »

??? Errrr...., What youtube videos?

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 10:14:19 PM »

yes please, it's always a good idea to provide links to subject matter, otherwise no-one really knows what videos you're referring to...
are these even IL-2 videos, 'cause there's no such mods, far as i know....?
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Thunda

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 05:47:45 AM »

If those are the films you mean, I think you'll find that's live action mixed with Il2. I've also seen action from other games mixed with Il2 movies. Never heard of the mod you describe.......

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 05:50:44 AM »

umm....okay, if those are what is being referred to, those are actually user-made videos which combine il-2 footage with live pilot (actor) animations, heavily edited stuff.
definitely not a mod.

just what Thunda posted above ;)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 05:53:28 AM »

Yes as he sais those are Green Screen live action with a real actor, other films may also use animated pilots from a program called Poser for 3ds max or other similiar things. There exists no mod for IL-2, and as far as I've read, new animations are near or completely impossible without the tools and techniques from Maddox Games, which is why we haven't seen a new pilot bail out animation which would be relatively simple for one of the 3d modellers here but problem is we cannot import them into the game, aircraft animations on the other hand are done using java.

.50calBMG

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 05:49:38 PM »

yeah, realize I should have put the vids links up. sorry, I was pretty tired. but sense I do most of my posting on my ipod, well, havent figured out how yet. videos are il2 sturmovick one day, both ploesti videos, poland il2 1939 and twilight of the gods. youtube search one of em, they've all got related tags so they should be able to be seen without searchi all of them

_AUS_Salmo

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 06:32:38 PM »

yeah, realize I should have put the vids links up. sorry, I was pretty tired. but sense I do most of my posting on my ipod, well, havent figured out how yet. videos are il2 sturmovick one day, both ploesti videos, poland il2 1939 and twilight of the gods. youtube search one of em, they've all got related tags so they should be able to be seen without searchi all of them
I've looked a the videos you mention. Again, as others have said, they are a combination of game video & animations made outside the game. In this case ploesti has used Anim8or, a free animation program to create the pilots & human figues.

.50calBMG

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 06:38:08 PM »

oh, :( that sucks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 25 queries.