Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: USN - Battleship USS Arizona BB39 - Pennsylvania Class  (Read 38080 times)

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
Re: ladies and gentlemen, the USS Arizona
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2012, 01:06:16 PM »

Hi mate!

Can I bother you asking for the status of this mod?

Looking farward for this great mod I wish you all the very best!

walter

Gofo

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2012, 03:22:55 AM »

hello Walter,
for a long time I have neglected the health problems typical of my age, and mother nature took its revenge ;). All solved, and the recovery goes smoothly. I just re-started to work on the Arizona, her "damaged" model is almost finished and I can have the final version no later than mid-July.
Be patient mates, just some days of warm-up and it will be a matter of few weeks to get a new target for the Imperial Navy :D

my regards

Gianni

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2012, 01:53:04 PM »

Don't worry about release time!

Keep your health at first place!

I wish you a speedy recovery!

All the very best!

walter

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2012, 03:21:08 PM »

Glad to hear you are well and things are progressing.  :)

Ashe

Sleepingdragon

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2012, 02:48:28 PM »

I was going to post some screens of the current 4.10.1 misn set that is being tested now, and how I would use this ship and the Tenn. to replace the Marat, but the attachment function does not seem to be working currently on this site. I'll try again later. I hope the frame rate is low enough to make them usable on my computer, as my 3 yr old custom built job is what i'm stukc with for a whle (two AMD 64 processors, 512 radeon crossfilre card, 2 gig of ram).

Small cal AA fire is the real killer of FR on thse things, as I had to put most of the ships asleep to make these flyable, and alot of other concessions. Please keep in mind that the smaller caliber AA fire is not affected by the ROF; thtey go full blast at all times, and are extremely dangerous, more so than in reality.
I realize you have done much work, but have you considered a static version that is sunk down to the deck and scortched? Like in the shot of the West Virginia you have next to the Tenn. in your post on that. Arizona might be a bit more involved, but it would be nice to have these ships in the sunken mode in shallow water so that early war misns could be made at pearl. I try to sink the Marats, but they either disapear completely or up thier highest mast. Pearl is so shallow taht no ship can move in it, but not shallow enough close to Ford Island to allow for a realistic scene, regardless of how close to the beach they are located.

the health issue kept me out of this for quite a while also, and Im using these misns to help me relearn the FMB. I understand about how that impedes such.

I had some nice screens picked out, but i unfortunately cannot post them due to some tech problem.
Maybe later. Thanks for all the work you do, as Im determined to put it to good use if possible.

Sleepingdragon

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2012, 01:01:37 PM »

Has anyone had problems wiht the FR on the Colorado and Tenn. BBs? I hvae a fairly advanced set up and can get great FR on high settings, but I can't use either one of those ships because they gag it so much. Now I may be doing somethig odd, or maybe my computer aged a decade in a couple of wks, but I wondered if there were a solution to that. I also hope that can be considered on the AZ, as its gorgeous, but I'd like to be able to use it. I was trying the ones in HFSX. Odd how some mods run differently in varied mod packs.

Had similar problem wiht the F86s and F9F in UP3, but in HFSX they are much smoother.

Gofo

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2013, 10:16:25 AM »

good day to all, and sorry for the long silence  :-X.
My iron-made health is just a souvenir, believe me I did not have time and desire in between a therapy and the other.
Recently, I made the most of a period of relative calm to work a bit and distract me, and I did.
The Arizona is coming along well, judge for yourself

At present, the model is complete of LoDs and it can be damaged and sunk, the damaged parts (.dmg files) have been readied for the import phase and I'll finish my job in a week, not later, so I ardently hope.

For those interested in giving the boat a try, this is the D/L site (instruction are in the folder).

http://www.4shared.com/rar/96y3KAm2/USSArizona.html

Let me know any error or glitch, thanks you in advance

Gianni

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2013, 10:40:58 AM »

Thank you very much !  :) :) :)
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2013, 10:57:14 AM »

awesome! :D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2013, 12:40:09 PM »

Great stuff Gofo. I had been wondering how the Arizona was coming along.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2013, 12:57:04 PM »

The Arizona is coming along well, judge for yourself

------- https://www.sas1946.rocks/images/imageshit/a/img827/3126/fig29.gif

Ciao Gianni, that classic battleship is looking so beautiful. What a fantastic ship!
My enthusiastic applause for this great work. BRAVO! Bravissimo!
I hope your health problems will vanish soon and you can enjoy better the fruits of your
hard labour in the IL2+mods game.
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Jordy:-)

• :-)
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2013, 04:25:20 PM »

Yes!! ;D this is my favourite ship ever built, thanks so much for this beautiful masterpiece. :) :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.