Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 14th Fighter Group: Tunisia to Triolo  (Read 8202 times)

ol' Navy

Re: 14th Fighter Group: Tunisia to Triolo
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 06:18:48 PM »

I am afraid I don't really understand the last two responses, but that isn't you folk's fault.  It's just me, because I am kinda thick.  I don't really know about the GearDamage mod mentioned.  I don't have that, unless it is part of something else I might have downloaded.  And I have never use FMB since I could never was able to figure it out.  I will try to look at it as mentioned though.  As far as I know, DBW 1.6 installed properly.  I don't seem to have problems elsewhere.  The load screen I have now says 1.7 so I guess it did correctly.  Anyhow, thank you guys for the responses, and your patience with an old guy who isn't very smart.  It was just strange to have a P-38 bumping down the runway, tail dragging right along.  Had the devil of a time building up speed to take off.  During my 22 years in the USN, I never observed aircraft behavior like that.  Thanks again.

Cracken

• FMB addict
    • My downloads
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 10:42:03 PM »

If your load screen says 1.7, you should be running DBW 1.7 then. The truth is I built it for DBW 1.6. There might be a compatibility issue. I have both versions (in other words two versions of game installed on my laptop), I have already found out there are some compatibility issues between the two versions. Will try to run the game for DBW 1.7 and will get back here as soon as I have tested it.

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 04:14:41 AM »

... sorry bobcholmes, I should have been more specific, well if you don't have the GearDamage mod then don't worry; may be like Cracken said it's another mod conflicting with your P38s...

You could also gives this a try:

Open any .mis file  in Cracken's campaign folder (with note pad for ex) and change the P38Filo line in the Class air and replace it with P_38J (and default for the weapons line)

Like that:

ORIGINAL:

Class air.P_38F1LO
  Fuel 100
  weapons default

NEW:

Class air.P_38J
  Fuel 100
  weapons default

.. save and exit and play the mission (you'll have default skins for your test)

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 05:07:06 AM »

Hi Craken

Have been on the lookout for some decent 1.7 DBW campaigns.

Yours are always interesting    :D ;)

I'm sure there is a lot of work there

Thank you.  :D

Definitely take some time out to fly your campaign  :D

ol' Navy

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 05:56:06 PM »

If your load screen says 1.7, you should be running DBW 1.7 then. The truth is I built it for DBW 1.6. There might be a compatibility issue. I have both versions (in other words two versions of game installed on my laptop), I have already found out there are some compatibility issues between the two versions. Will try to run the game for DBW 1.7 and will get back here as soon as I have tested it.

Thanks to you guys who have responded.  Let me tell you what I have done thus far, and I'll have to get back to you when I have seen whether I fixed the problem.  I went back to your download and reinstalled the skins for the P-38G (overwrote them).  The next mission I flew then had an air start, but the gear problem (half retracted) wasn't there.  I need to fly the next mission that doesn't start in the air to see if it is truly fixed.  Sorry I don't play more often and can't tell you right away, but the joy stick I have is really old and about to quit on me, so I am trying to coax it along as long as I can.  My bride of the past 46 yrs doesn't take kindly to my buying PC stuff, and so I need to wait til the time is right to replace it (the joy stick, not my wife).  Anyway, I'll let you know if that gear thing has been fixed.  Thanks again for your help and advice.

Cracken

• FMB addict
    • My downloads
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 04:10:38 AM »

Uploaded to Mediafire too, check the first post.

henkypenky

• BAT 4.2 Flashpoint & WAW
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 03:14:43 AM »

Hi guys, is there a separate dowload for Mediterran_W.o.I map somewhere? Woul like to play this one in my 4.101 / SAS modact 3.06.

Cracken

• FMB addict
    • My downloads
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 04:23:30 AM »

Hi guys, is there a separate dowload for Mediterran_W.o.I map somewhere? Woul like to play this one in my 4.101 / SAS modact 3.06.

It seems it is not:( Which is a pity...

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 05:26:22 AM »

... here is the stand alone version especially for you guys, don't forget to add the proper line in your all.ini (see read me)  ;)

I hope I am not breaking any rule by posting the stand alone version, if this is the case please any admin delete my post and accept my apologies .. ::).

https://www.mediafire.com/?kuor35so3pmbzw1

henkypenky

• BAT 4.2 Flashpoint & WAW
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 08:00:08 AM »

Thank you Mick  :)  :-*
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 26 queries.