Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 100   Go Down

Author Topic: Gurner FX 4.3  (Read 332264 times)

Gurner

Re: My favourite FX V2, now with DBW non-ai version. Also HSFX for testing
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 10:03:46 AM »

8)  That's different to the one in RPs 303 (soccorista I think) though isn't it?  Do you have a link to that so I can try it out?

Hangman

• Modder
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2012, 09:41:30 AM »

Yes I had to upload it by myself because I can't remember where I downloaded these smokes

https://www.mediafire.com/?uslomy9a2fm2a25

BTW I noticed one thing, when I delete all classfiles I lose your explosions but got those smokes for burning engine and fuel. If I keep the classfiles I have your explosions but got those smokes only when fuel is burning engine smokes are then thin as you can see in pics where Me-262 burns

Gurner

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2012, 01:08:22 PM »

Thanks hangman - I'll give those a try. 

I notice your upload only contains the blackheavy aircraft smokes.  If you want engine smoke to look like that also I believe you would need to copy paste the text from blackheavy eff files into engineheavy eff files.  (replace obviously)

Also there is blackmedium, blacksmall, enginesmoke...

Personally though, I think it looks better if your plane doesn't always make the same smoke.

Hangman

• Modder
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2012, 12:55:59 PM »

What is the .eff file what I should edit if I want burning fuel will produce smoke which is your pack fuel burning smoke now burning fuel produces smoke which is shown in my Do-217 pic

Gerson

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 12:57:47 PM »

Hi Gurner
First Thanks for your work
The compilation is great
Just a litlle problem
Everything was fine before updating to DBW version 1.71, after the update the game was running fine , but after activation of your mod through jsgme the game refuses to launch, even after deactivating your mod through jsgme.
Probably has something to do with the AI MOD that now is embeded in DBW, and the class files of yor mod
Any ideas
Thanks for your help

Gurner

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2012, 01:49:32 PM »

Glad you like it  :)  I'm working on an improved version as we speak, but I've been too busy actually playing the game recently to get it ready for release!  I spend more time tinkering than playing these days it seems, but it's all fun.

I can tell you that I use the Ai mod version of my compilation with DBW1.71, so that should work fine for you as well.  The changes I have made to my personal version should have had no effect on compatibility, so the version you can download should be just as compatible as the version I'm using.  If you know what I mean!

Basically, download the DBW Ai mod version of my compilation, and that should work fine.

Gurner

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2012, 06:50:37 AM »

Sorry Hangman - didn't see your post there - I must have gone blind!  8)  I don't entirely understand your question but hopefully this will help:

As far as I know, the following eff files will produce different types of smoke from planes: 

blackheavy
engineheavy
blackmedium
blacksmall
enginesmoke

I think one of the above is actually for leaking (not burning) fuel.

If you copy them all you can then overwrite the text with the text from blackheavy until you have the effect you want, and the ones you don't want you can copy the original text back into the files to put it back to how it was before.

Make sense?

Hangman

• Modder
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2012, 12:26:20 PM »

Sorry for very un-understable question my brains didn't work proprely at that moment  :-[ :P

So the question should be like this: What .eff file contains the burning fuel smoke or can I have at all different smokes between burning fuel and burning engine

Hopely makes sense now

Gurner

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2012, 04:58:24 PM »

Well there's no indication of which smokes are caused by what, but if this statement is correct: 
If I keep the classfiles I have your explosions but got those smokes only when fuel is burning engine smokes are then thin as you can see in pics where Me-262 burns
  it would mean that burning fuel smoke is "blackheavy" which you already have working.  If you want to change a different smoke the way to do it would be as described above:

If you copy them all you can then overwrite the text with the text from blackheavy until you have the effect you want, and the ones you don't want you can copy the original text back into the files to put it back to how it was before.

This will enable you to create whatever effect it is that you want.

I cannot know for sure which smoke you want to change but I would GUESS that the smokes you are looking for are "blackheavy" for fuel and "engineheavy" for engine.  It is simple to test the effect as described above for all smokes,

blackheavy
engineheavy
blackmedium
blacksmall
enginesmoke

and if you don't like it you can change it back.  I estimate it would take less than 60 seconds to change each one.

Good luck!

Gurner

Re: My favourite FX New V3
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 05:35:35 AM »

See first post for V3!

LuseKofte

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2012, 06:03:31 AM »

Beeing a wonderful repack, clearly addapted to new installs it had to be moved to an archive we can find it on, hope you do not mind. Exelent work Gurner

Gurner

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2012, 06:30:52 AM »

Not at all Leone, it's nice to be here!  :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 100   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 24 queries.