Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Lockheed C-130 Hercules  (Read 29047 times)

billywarren007

• walking is for wimps
Re: Lockheed C-130 Hercules
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 01:22:10 PM »

Love this request, looking forward to make a mass parachute attack with this plane :D

Torenico

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2013, 01:44:39 PM »

It would be awesome if you could also drop vehicles from your Hercules, what a great airplane, with no doubt one of the best airplanes ever made, not only it's a valuable military asset, but also always plays a big role on humanitarian missions!

AC-130 would be AWESOME.

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 03:53:22 PM »

Ahh yes bring it on PLEASE, Im a Fan. Spent a lot of hours in these in R/L
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

Sleepingdragon

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2013, 02:46:48 PM »

I spent 4 yrs at Lockheed Ga. 84-88 during the C-5B project as a machinist, and I worked on alot of C-130 parts, started out deburring wing panels. I suggest researching the way the wing spars are put together and their attachment points to the main center spar to aid in damage models; they are a bit different than what's in the sim already methinks. she's a pretty sturdy AC. I thought the best looking paint jobs were the ones on the Japanese H models.

The FM should be interesting to, as it has incredible performance for such a large machine, especially the later H and the Current J models. You have two different fuselage lengths as well, with the earlier ones having the short fuselage. Navy and USMC models have a detachable refueling probe sometimes installed as well. LOTS of variations. The AC-130s alone have at least 3 different armament arrangements, including a 105 howitzer on the later ones, with a big muzzle brake.

One dropable load could include the huge 11 ton para retarded bomb they rolled out the back of the ramp to create LZs for helicopters in Nam, and the fuel air munitions they currently have. Huge explosions. So many skins for these birds.

*DZR*Chimanov

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2013, 10:25:26 PM »

Oh yes please a very needed plane!

The C-130 Hercules, "La Chancha" as it is called in the Argentina Air Force, took a major role during 1982 South Atlantic conflict between Argentina and GB.

It accomplished 3 different roles:

1) as a tanker.

2) flying very risky transport missions at sea level (less than 40feet) between Malvinas and Comodoro Rivadavia during an intense and dangerous airbridge. 

3) the "crazy flight"; where it would act as a recon plane going as close as 50 miles from the British Navy task force. The flight consisted in flying at sea level to a predefined point, gain as much speed as possible, do a zoom climb as high as possible and right there turn on radars in order to search for enemy ships for a short period of time, then dive, turn off radars and escape from potential Sea Harrier patrols.

Gutsy bastards!

Argentina C-130 (Malvinas and other pictures)

Video C-130 from FAA landing at Marambio air base (Antartica)

A couple of low passes

kaxII

• Modder
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2013, 07:37:39 AM »

ooh yes please, i want to do some usaaf paradrop missions and RAF flights!

edit: oh wait apparently i posted on the other version which is now merged oh well, still +1!

Ghost129er

• EX F.A.C. #65
  • Ghost of the skies.
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2013, 09:09:48 AM »

+1

one more big bad wolf to shoot down.
But whenever they talked about him, they always had a slight smile on their faces.. And that, perhaps, maybe your answer.

David Prosser

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2013, 08:19:36 PM »

Hi,Sierra-3, it looks like this mod will materialize then. It looks like various modders will cooperate to produce it. I guess it would be possible to provide a cargo payload, like with the JU52, and DC3. I'm sure it'll find it's way into a lot of Cold War missions, and campaigns.

cheers

David Prosser

SAS~GJE52

• Editor
  • Orchard Studios
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2013, 05:49:13 AM »

Sadly this is one of those aircraft that does not grab the imagination of modder's. To be honest, It is just not iconic enough...... At best it is a target in the same category as the DC3/C47. Even in spooky mode it is not that much fun to fly. When it takes so time and effort to build a plane, guys want to have something they can enjoy flying. I would love to see it in game as well, but it does not grab me enough to spend hours over it either.

If you really want it that badly then spend a little time, read the tutorials, and build one yourself .......

G
Do not criticise a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes...  Then you can call him what you like, as you have his shoes ... and he is a mile away......

BT~wasted

• Modder
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2013, 07:27:02 AM »

Yeah, bus driving is not very interesting in IL-2. This is a combat sim game and we definitely lack some management features etc. And some of them are very generalized. If I want to make a bus tour I go play FSX but few minutes after take off I exit it :D

barrett_g

• Modder
  • Jug Lover
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2013, 10:15:19 AM »

Yes... But that's because in FSX you know no one will fire on you!

Bus driving a Seal team into enemy territory via nap of the earth flying with MiG-21's in the vacinity is another story!

SAS~GJE52

• Editor
  • Orchard Studios
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2013, 10:28:25 AM »

Bus driving a Seal team into enemy territory via nap of the earth flying with MiG-21's in the vacinity is another story!
... lamb to the slaughter .......  ;)

Test out your scenario using a C47 as a stand in ....... see how far you get  :D  :D  :D
Do not criticise a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes...  Then you can call him what you like, as you have his shoes ... and he is a mile away......
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 23 queries.