Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Lapland Map Ready for d/l  (Read 21947 times)

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
Re: Lapland Map Ready for d/l
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2011, 11:19:34 PM »

Well done mate but take care that Lapland isn't a tropical region but a arctic one and making so you'll change the environmental feeling of fly and fight in this northern region where most of engagements happen in the noon time or anyway in a limited portion of the day and where you need to keep your eyes at the clock too to avoid a unexpected sunset coming!

Comparing the two worldpos you have wrote above we have in Lapland a 62 vs a Korean 15 decline which mean that the area is far north with a different sun height and moreover about the month you have a 10 (october) vs 6 (june) so another sunrise and sunset settings shifted in Lapland towards the shorter daylight vs a Korean longest daylight!

Instead of change the decline why don't you try to change only the month to 6 only so you'll have the longest arctic daylight and to have the highest sun height (at noon) you need simply to start mission at 12.00!

What I'm doing in my map load.ini before start a mission is to set the correct month , pressure and temperature (I use this site: http://www.wunderground.com/) and I can fly in the current condition in every maps!

I also keep a record of the condition I used in verious days if I like to change the period....

All the best!

walter

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2011, 02:36:22 AM »

I see that you changed the declination settings, which is the game's way of telling itself at what latitude the area is supposed to be. And since that changes the way that the sun traverses through the sky and the amount of light there is at any given time, there will be differences with different DECLIN settings.

Lapland is pretty high up there near the arctic circle. I've not yet checked if the games does a White Nights thing in summer time, but i do know that in the winter months it gets dark awfully early.

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2011, 05:41:47 AM »

Thanks walter_solito and agracier, of course you are right. ;)
I will try to find a compromise with the season.
The only reason I messed with the settings is that I aimed for the default IL-2 afternoon light around late afternoon, which I did not reach yet. So it is related to the latitude which makes sense.
My point here was simply showing that 4.09m has a way to calculate the season which 4.101m does not have-since I used the exact same load.inis and mission (day-)time and the results ingame regarding ther height of the sun and its intensity were totally different from each other. :D

Cheers

Tom

MR_G

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2012, 01:38:55 PM »

Is there a way to get liquid water in the winter map?
I've tried adding...."WATER_STATE = LIQUID" to the load ini for the winter map.

MR_G

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2012, 03:57:14 PM »

I thought that the friction mad was built in in DBW 1.71  ?

kaxII

• Modder
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2012, 04:01:24 PM »

I get the infamous russianparatrooper crash :'(

Benno

• Retired Airline Pilot
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2012, 03:31:13 AM »

Hi'
I'm using 4.09m/up2.1.  I get the main Lappland to load, ok but cannot save missions  :'(
The 2 other Maps will not load.
What new objects is the main Lappland  Map use ??
Thank you
Benno

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2012, 03:55:34 AM »

Hi'
I'm using 4.09m/up2.1.  I get the main Lappland to load, ok but cannot save missions  :'(
The 2 other Maps will not load.
What new objects is the main Lappland  Map use ??

For this map, DBW objects were used. Nothing else.

I don't really know the objects that were added with 4.10/DBW, but I do now that that UP2.1 does not contain them all ... I'd really suggest trying out a DBW install, just as a copy even. You needn't remove your old install. You'll see that DBW is a much easier and handier version to use as a basis for installing new mods.

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2012, 08:32:41 AM »

Also works in HistoMod under the older Boomer objects pack. Only thing needed to be added IIRC are the trees contained in that map for_Tex\Trees.

Cheers

PS:
If you hit shift +tab while in the map you also get a sort of error screen tex showing what misses for you to load/Save. Not sure about "save", yet correct for load.

Benno

• Retired Airline Pilot
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2012, 03:11:50 AM »

Hi'
Thank you guy's  :D
Benno

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2012, 06:42:43 AM »

You are welcome, Benno, good Luck! Like supporting anyone who install's agracier's maps. :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 21 queries.