Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Planes Exploding on Runway upon spawning in  (Read 9464 times)

sa_475th_Chaney

Planes Exploding on Runway upon spawning in
« on: December 07, 2011, 11:38:02 PM »

Ok this has gotten completely annoying. I have been running DCG for awhile now and having a blast. My problem is that I have this ongoing nagging problem of spawning into missions and having my planes crash and then blow up. This isn't all missions tho. And the icing on the cake is sometimes I spawn in in mid air, wings ripped off, prop bent and falling towards the runway. ARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!! What the hell is that?!?!?!? lol. Please send some good advice and help like u guys always do. I have googled and searched many forums til my hands bled and have not once found anything strictly relating to this topic. These are the mods I'm running:

Well no clue how to attach my image of my mods. Sry.

BT~Tarik

• Modder
Re: Planes Exploding on Runway upon spawning in
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 11:46:07 PM »

Which game ? DBW, Modact, etc.. ?

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 05:18:24 AM »

sounds like a loadout problem, although i'm not 100% clued up on how DCG works, i'm guessing those missions which have this happening, are using old  loadouts which have since been modified.
the symptoms are exactly the same.
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

sa_475th_Chaney

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 09:14:20 AM »

sounds like a loadout problem, although i'm not 100% clued up on how DCG works, i'm guessing those missions which have this happening, are using old  loadouts which have since been modified.
the symptoms are exactly the same.

Could it be the loadouts added with the B-26 I'm using? The planees thata re exploding are P-47s and 38s. Those same loadouts haven't changed in the game for a long time.

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 10:14:01 AM »

could you provide more specific info on exactly which planes are all being used in the mission, and which loadouts?
in my case, it was with a problem i had with torpedo loadouts (any allied torps), due to a corrupt sfs file, which would cause my flight (non-torp planes) to explode, and all kinds of other silly things, on mission start...so, it could well be - but please give more info as to exactly what version you are using and which mods, as well, to try and help us to solve it...
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Jim_diGris

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 03:05:12 PM »

I have been experiencing this as well. DCG3.46 with HSFX 5 class files. running 4.10.1 with HSFX5.1 with DCG replace DGEN full auto generation mode

It seems to happen if any of the following are done:

1. you edit the master mission and add objects such as buildings, tents, oil drums etc
2. you change any aircraft to a modded a/c (but not all modded a/c are the culprit, just a couple of offenders)
3. you add airfields and do not add take off co-ordinates to the airfields.dcg file
4. you have more than 1 squadron spawning at an added airfield

It does NOT happen if ALL aircraft are set to airstart

Although one strange thing happened in a mission the other day, one of a flight of two rufes did the bounce/bent prop trick at mission start :o the other started fine.

I have also noticed that sometimes the FMB refuses to load a dcg generated mission, it just sits there and does nothing

I have also noticed that a modded aircraft will appear in external view as bright mauve with bent prop, seems to always be a mod Hurricane that does this

Here is a mission that was generated by DCG and all planes explode at start (except the airstart planes)

https://www.mediafire.com/?q5l47wk4czbgd70

Railer

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 11:00:08 PM »

I was wondering if someone has figured out a cause/fix for this. It just happened to me for the first time with a default load out on a F2 Fighter Center DCG 3.46 combat air patrol. This is really sad after a complete reinstall to get 1.71 to work and then the third mission of my campaign all of the F2's and the Lagg3's all blew up on the airfield. Planes with air starts were not effected. I am wondering if maybe it is something in 3.46 because it never happened in 3.35 with DBW 1.6 or below. Anyone with any insight would be very appreciated.
Thanks,  Railer :o

Railer

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 11:07:43 PM »

Edit last post.
I misspelled 3.45 by mistake not 3.35 DCG sorry. :-[. I have flown a lot of hours with DCG and DBW and have never had this happen till now. Thanks again to anyone who can help solve this.
Railer

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 12:16:04 AM »

Duplicate your install and deactivate all mods in your #DBW folder except STD and XTD folders and Mapmods and try again. If it works without problems start reactivating stuff one by one. Another way is try to remember when the problems started and do a file search for a date range. You can do this using Total Commander. Or maybe the quickest and safest way is to reinstall from scratch.

Plus if you want to post your mods folder content use the command:
"dir > list.txt" in the mods folder.

Slink

• Cosmetic to some; to others a nightmare! - Merlin
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 03:57:26 AM »

For HSFX5, according to II./JG1_Spies at the DCG/Jagdgeschwader 1 Oesau Forums:

"This happens because of the fix the modders implemented to hide the coordinates when a user spawns or changes position in a multiple crew aircraft.
I did a mod using the class file from 4.10.1 but it requires every player to have it installed."

Don't know if this is just the original classfile or a composite edit (if there are other modded functions in the same classfile), I don't have it.

For DBW1.7:
I assume people are using the 1.6 files I did, currently updating to 1.7

Some planes have been consolidated, so weapons entries from formerly two planes now come under just one
Some weapons entries have been changed/added
There are still a lot of dead entries which don't exist (yet?)

Which means going through the entire list again to check what's changed and updating the allpayloads.dcg/payloads.dcg, so will take some time, as well as taking the missing planes out of class.dcg and putting some new ones in. Need to look at the objects and vehicles this time too, but I'll get a planes fix out as soon as I can... bit busy at the moment.

Remember that this error will occur if there is any error in the mission file; loadouts, squad names etc; whether it's in an airstart or ground spawn plane.
Check in the console and you should find a "can't find loadout" error message, you can then change that loadout in DCG to avoid the same error again, but there may be several popping up from any consolidated plane plus some others.

Railer

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 07:33:58 PM »

Thank you VP and Slink. I am sure that it is what slink said about the change in planes in 1.7. I have a vanilla 1.71 with V3 of DBW add on by Windwalker. I have not installed any other mods or planes.
I feel confidant that when slink has time to go through all the payloads for the different planes that it will get tuned in.
Thanks again guys for everything that you all have done to make IL2 rock for over 10 years. I have had my AMD 3700 with x800xt and it is still flying. I will be upgrading in the near future.
Railer :P

sa_475th_Chaney

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 07:28:00 PM »

haha wow now I'm back to this very post. happy happy joy joy LOL. At any rate, planes are no longer exploding. I think you fixed this slink with your DCG4DBW. However, I did fly solomons 42-45 1.5 and jumped in a F4f and airspawned in but me little prop wasn't spinning (sniffles). I was kicking and screaming while hurling toward the earth. I trimmed elevator up and prayed to see my kids again. I hit ignition ON and kept decending while trying to build up air speed. Finally! Me lil prop started churning. I was now at 3000ft and sweating bullets. The flight leader was screaming," What's wrong with you?!?!?", Get back in Formation! She kicked over and I was at 330 miles an hour with blood rushing to the back of my head! HAHAHAHA. That was my best role play ever but ummmm yeah, that is the issue I'm having in DCG. Maybe it's DBW. Not all props are spinning at airstart.  :'(
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 23 queries.