Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 ... 116   Go Down

Author Topic: Project DGen_mod  (Read 360180 times)

JimmyBlonde

Re: Project DGen_mod
« Reply #1224 on: March 22, 2017, 04:43:18 PM »

Nevermind, I figured it out myself. The aircraft was already present in campaign as AI only and assigned the class "Transport" changed it to "Bomber".

solotk

« Reply #1225 on: April 20, 2017, 11:39:42 AM »

1. Select Campaign - Click -*BEEP*

2. Read Error Log -Make changes -Restart IL-2

3. Select Campaign - Click - *BEEP*

4. Repeat .2 & .3 umpteen times

5. Give it up as a bad job, go back to playing a well crafted campaign.

Mira

« Reply #1226 on: May 06, 2017, 01:39:41 AM »

HSFX  + DGen 2.0.3. + Westfront campaing for Boelcke..
Ranking in the RAF campaign in Russian language.
ONLY RAF..Other campaigns in English
Some advice ?
http://i.imgur.com/aoobLij.jpg

vonOben

• Modder
  • Wer den Tod fürchtet, hat das Leben verloren.
    • vonOben's Flight Sim Mods
« Reply #1227 on: October 05, 2017, 04:19:46 AM »

DGen_Mod 2.0.5.0 - User Manual in English

I've translated the Russian DGen_Mod user manual 2.4 for DGen_Mod 2.0.5.0 to English now.

English is not my native language, so the translation might not be perfekt.
Constructive feedback is highly apprecierad.

The manual can be downloaded from the IL-2 page on my site.

http://vonoben.free.fr/
vonOben's Flight Sim Mods  http://vonoben.free.fr/ Twenty Years online January 3, 2022!

Zoran395

• Mapper
« Reply #1228 on: October 06, 2017, 04:03:52 AM »

Hi VonOben,
Happy to review your translation.
English is not my native language either but ... I have a long lasting interest in DGEN_Mod and constant contact with Motorhead + the folks at Aviaskins. I only fly Asura's DGen pack as well.
All the best to you and thank you for doing it (it is something I had on my list...)

vegetarian

« Reply #1229 on: October 06, 2017, 05:24:11 AM »

G'day vonOben

Excellent work, thank you.

leszek957

• Modder
    • Polskie Forum Symulacji Lotniczych.
« Reply #1230 on: October 11, 2017, 09:31:29 AM »

PlayerWing found:II_JG5_3
Cannot find plane U_2VS

Try to check your files: AllPlaneDB.dat , AllWeapons.dat , AllClasses.dat , {campaign_name}Planes.dat , classes{campaign_number} like for example classesRuQ.dat
It looks like U_2VS is missing now.

vonOben

• Modder
  • Wer den Tod fürchtet, hat das Leben verloren.
    • vonOben's Flight Sim Mods
« Reply #1231 on: November 04, 2017, 12:37:04 AM »

DGen_Mod 2.0.5.0 - User Manual in English

I've translated the Russian DGen_Mod user manual 2.4 for DGen_Mod 2.0.5.0 to English now.

English is not my native language, so the translation might not be perfekt.
Constructive feedback is highly apprecierad.

The manual can be downloaded from the IL-2 page on my site.

http://vonoben.free.fr/

A updated version has now been uploaded, with corrected English and misc improvements.

Many thanks to Zoran395 for creative feedback and translation help.  :)
vonOben's Flight Sim Mods  http://vonoben.free.fr/ Twenty Years online January 3, 2022!

Logan76254

« Reply #1232 on: January 16, 2018, 12:54:18 PM »

I know this is a very old post, so I don't know if anyone will see this, but I'm getting this mod for Boelcke's dynamic campaign on HSFX 7. I downloaded the zip file and everything, but what do I need to do to actually get this mod installed?

Scacco 1

« Reply #1233 on: January 22, 2018, 04:12:18 AM »

Hi mates!

I'm a bit of a newbie in IL2 but I'm starting to study how to build a campaign with this wondefull mod!

The first capaign that came in my mind is about WWI....beacuse there are very few available and the most of them are static.

A player can start in 1914 and arrive in 1918 with about 8 to 10 planes changes so I think that could be possible cover the whole war with about 10 subcampaigns making the planes changes coincide with the main ground operation....thanks to the longest battle duration were in this conflict....

I believe that this could be a very useful campaign for most WWI users!

In those days I'm starting to build the necessary files to add the Westfront map into DGen...

....but even reading the new manual I have a couple of doubt about which can be the best files building that I can't figure out by myself!

Those are my initial doubts about what 'll be the best solutio for adding the TOWNS , AIRFIELD and BRIDGE references , since the frontline is almost static....so I need to know if can I set two condition:

1) Can I build a campaign with a not moving frontline?

2) Can I build a campaign with multiple aircraft assigned to the player randomly?

This are the condition why I need those answers:

1) If the frontline can be set as static?

If possible I can cover more long intervals of time in the subcampaigns.

2 Can the player use more than an aircraft in the same unit in the same subcampaign?

That's because initially the fighters were spread among recces in each unit (so a pilot can fly randomly with a recce and a fighter while assigned at the same  unit)

If possible I can again set longer subcampaigns with a non moving frontline.

MOREOVER

Another non related to this specific campaign question is about aircraft update....did the DGen take in account the arrive of newer model of the same plane or new planes at the player unit?

Thanks in advance for your help!

As I got all those information I'll open a new tread about the specific campaign WIP....

Zoran395

• Mapper
« Reply #1234 on: January 23, 2018, 05:01:45 AM »

I will answer as the best as I can but, even if I am quite passionate about the generator, I am not an experienced campaign maker.
I created one test campaign for a new map I was working on at the time.... I was blown away by the results. So much so that it influenced my map making from then on.

Here goes:

1) Can I build a campaign with a not moving frontline?
I have seen DGEN mission templates with front lines flags set. I would still think that the front line will move depending on the overall strategic situation.
2) Can I build a campaign with multiple aircraft assigned to the player randomly?
I do not think you can in DGen. You can do it in static campaigns though.
If possible I can cover more long intervals of time in the subcampaigns.
I think you can make it as long as you want, with say 5 missions every day from 1914 to 1918...
2 Can the player use more than an aircraft in the same unit in the same subcampaign?
DGen is geared for sequential aircraft changes (like upgrades... or downgrades). You can keep the same airfield but have operations with different planes.

It is quite an undertaking and I would advise you to go step by step...
  • Use a map and planes that are already defined and have a play with ops, campaigns and planes assignations. You may find a way to keep that frontline static.
  • After that add the planes you need and their weapons. Have a play... I have only seen campaigns for WWII (maybe because I work with Motor a lot and he only does WWII ...?).
  • Then work on adding the map definitions for WestFront. This is not hard but tedious and ask a mapper for help. I reckon you should do this last, you first need answers on your questions about campaign schedules/unfolding of events/plane use.
-----

One last thing, you have to be prepared to have to try on your own and try, try, try... until you can get it to work. Or find a workaround. Or drop your expectations. This is the only way you will get some outcome and hopefully the one you are after.
The pool of people who can help you is limited (so is their time) and/or English is not their main language.

Having said that it is an awesome piece of kit for those who dare.

Scacco 1

« Reply #1235 on: January 23, 2018, 02:44:02 PM »

Thanks mate for your reply and apologize for my late one!

I have just finished to read all the posts of this tread....

I have got a basic understanding of the whole new features of the DGen....

Now I must learn how the stock work in the untouched section....

ANYONE PLEASE have a link about stock DGen manual?
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 ... 116   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 24 queries.