Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Carrier MOD (Beta)  (Read 58690 times)

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
Re: Carrier MOD (Beta)
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2011, 12:32:21 PM »

Fokker,
                   I have introduced your corrections for the axis carriers. But by first time I payed a look at that part of the code. It was OK. The way it managed to check the existence of the classes of ShipPacks was something to avoid conflicts (protection errors) if accessing the class of a ship not installed. I mean: the idea is not bad if the MOD could be installed in some installation without the ShipPack installed.

So I took your changes for the Axis Carriers (catapults location) and I made all the carrier tested in the same way, very clear, very straightforward. To avoid conflicts of errors, in this new versino of the MOD, I included all the ships (because of the carriers) known up to date. So with this MOD you only need the proper entries in your Ships.ini plus the corresponding 3DO objects (all included in DBW, UP and HSFX) and you are done.

For the future as we discussed with Fokker, it would be more wise to include the Catapult / Launch / Arrestor Cable and other properties in the Ship class, to make it easier to implement new carriers, etc, and avoiding the need to change other classes when so.

New Beta is attached to this post. If everything works OK we will publish it.

Regards,
                            Pablo

JG54Spookie

• Modder
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2011, 12:59:41 PM »

Thanks for the help guys. I guess I'll just have to use my DBW install  :-\

352nd_Hoss

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2011, 06:43:27 PM »

the only thing in the last download is an index.php file.

I just opened the file online with Winrar and copied to my computer, was the only way I could get past the index.php!

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2011, 06:58:11 PM »

I look around UP3RC4 and DBW, ShipPack2 is generally contained in them.
But not equally, not fully.
UP3RC4 and DBW have NEWER VERSION ships , when thay were released after old ShipPack, and they replace ShipPack2 version with other name classes.
Fokker's problem is caused by this replacing, I think.

In example, At ShipPack, German Carrier was only Graf Zeppelin and her class name was Carrier0. ShipPack2 has this version continuously.
After ShipPack, at SAS, Graf Zeppelin - Peter Strasser - Aquilla , these 3 ships pack was released with other name classes.
UP3RC4 and DBW have this newer version.

Totally, from player's eyes, UP3RC4 and DBW are seen having all ShipPack2 ships plus more new ships.
But from java code, UP3RC4 and DBW are seen generally containing ShipPack2 ship class files, but not completely - so without Carrier0 class, or other replaced classes.

Hangman

• Modder
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2011, 06:56:46 AM »

This timespeed slowdown only appears when I manually take off on carrier if I use autopilot timespeed slowdown didn't appear

NS~mati140

• #27 of the New Squadron (NS)
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2011, 09:54:04 AM »

When can we expect a compatibility update for angled-deck Essex?

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2011, 10:14:51 AM »

When can we expect a compatibility update for angled-deck Essex?

Mati,
             the angle decked Essex is in development status. I think that after having a final version, and specially if it becomes part of DBW 1.7 I will add it.

Nonetheless, the idea is to reformulate the way the ships (specially carriers) interact with the code that controls the operation in the deck. If yo it would be much easier to add new vessels.

Regards,
                      Pablo

NS~mati140

• #27 of the New Squadron (NS)
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2011, 11:12:16 AM »

Well, in his thread Diving-Hawk said that the final version won't come out until you add it to catapult mod as he temporarily changed spawn points to make it usable.

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2011, 11:41:20 AM »

Well, in his thread Diving-Hawk said that the final version won't come out until you add it to catapult mod as he temporarily changed spawn points to make it usable.

Oh!!!

well, so I will take a look to it.

Saludos,
                         Pablo

fokker95

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2011, 02:05:56 PM »

I look around UP3RC4 and DBW, ShipPack2 is generally contained in them.
But not equally, not fully.
UP3RC4 and DBW have NEWER VERSION ships , when thay were released after old ShipPack, and they replace ShipPack2 version with other name classes.
Fokker's problem is caused by this replacing, I think.

In example, At ShipPack, German Carrier was only Graf Zeppelin and her class name was Carrier0. ShipPack2 has this version continuously.
After ShipPack, at SAS, Graf Zeppelin - Peter Strasser - Aquilla , these 3 ships pack was released with other name classes.
UP3RC4 and DBW have this newer version.

Totally, from player's eyes, UP3RC4 and DBW are seen having all ShipPack2 ships plus more new ships.
But from java code, UP3RC4 and DBW are seen generally containing ShipPack2 ship class files, but not completely - so without Carrier0 class, or other replaced classes.

That is exactly right , but it is not just my problem, it is everyone who is using a vanilla install of UP3RC4 and DBW1.6 that has the same issue I have(had). That was why I had to add the graf zeppelin, aquila, and peter strasser into the catapult code.

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2011, 05:04:04 PM »

Hi Pablo!
Have you tweaked or changed something from #24 on: Yesterday at 04:32:21 AM version ?

If you havn't, I want to tweak this MOD by myself to fit Daving_Hawk's Angled Deck new Essex or my Colossus Family.

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2011, 09:11:05 PM »

Western,
                  no, I haven't added any change to that last.

I frankly didn't read the full thread you were discussing about the carriers under the Essex angle decked, etc. But in some way I think that a similar approach to the one used in planes should be taken. These vessels of some "ship class" should be java subclasses of a superclass (exactly as we do for planes). So the main properties can be defined for the superclass and if there is some specific can be defined for the sub-class. And later, in any other implementation, we avoid comparing and verifying 100 different instanceof clauses.

I think that you read Mike's excelently detailed post about that too. You will see that what I did with Gear.class is quite clear and obvious in how the carriers are checked. Please keep it the same way.

Later with everything operating properly we can estandardize all the properties in the Ship.class as I previously propossed.

Regards,
                       Pablo

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 25 queries.