Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Carrier MOD (Beta)  (Read 58687 times)

hammer2787

Re: Carrier MOD (Beta)
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 09:06:20 AM »

is this just the catapult or both arrestor wire and catapult

fokker95

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 10:50:46 AM »

is this just the catapult or both arrestor wire and catapult

This is goign to fix both as soon as Pablo adds inmy code. Right now it just fixes the launch speed for jets on the ones with workigncats and also the arrestor wires. My code (once headds it) will fix cats on all the carriers that didnt have them workign before :) So...ALL of the carrier catapult issues should be resolved with this :)

Hangman

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 12:06:13 PM »

This causes very strange issue in my game it puts normal timespeed as 1/2 speed 2x speed is 'normal speed'

Anyone else has experience this? Have any of you solution for this

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 01:12:15 PM »

This causes very strange issue in my game it puts normal timespeed as 1/2 speed 2x speed is 'normal speed'

Hangman,
                       I haven't seen that (DBW 1.6 with all my MODs), but I have detected one intieresting thing that I cannot still understand (is a bug on the original code).

Testing the catapult feature, I used to launch the planes in Autopilot (AI Active). To accelerate the launch I changed to 2x, 4x and 8X and everything was OK, and then, when the plane was in catapult ready to launch, I reset the spped again to 1x to see the details, but sometime I changed the speed to 1/2x. If so, when about to launch and being the speed 1/2x, you will see that the plane, instead to being moved forward to half of the speed by the catapult, is moved backwards. If you set the speed to 1x it starts again to go in the other direction, but the catapult effect is lost. This is not induced by my code, it's a inherited weirdness.

Regards,
                     Pablo

Hangman

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 01:57:55 PM »

Ok I have never seen this bug before it was a first time when I saw it when I enabled your mod

fokker95

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 09:29:05 AM »

Hangman,
                       I haven't seen that (DBW 1.6 with all my MODs), but I have detected one intieresting thing that I cannot still understand (is a bug on the original code).

Testing the catapult feature, I used to launch the planes in Autopilot (AI Active). To accelerate the launch I changed to 2x, 4x and 8X and everything was OK, and then, when the plane was in catapult ready to launch, I reset the spped again to 1x to see the details, but sometime I changed the speed to 1/2x. If so, when about to launch and being the speed 1/2x, you will see that the plane, instead to being moved forward to half of the speed by the catapult, is moved backwards. If you set the speed to 1x it starts again to go in the other direction, but the catapult effect is lost. This is not induced by my code, it's a inherited weirdness.

Regards,
                     Pablo

I recall reading somehwere before that there is indeed an issue with the code (the original code) if you use accelerated time during the catapult operating phase. I think youhave to wait until they launch before using the accel time. or perhaps you can accel initially right out of the gate before it starts the cat launch code...I cant remember, but I definitely recall reading this was a bug in the previous code.

JG54Spookie

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 08:21:12 PM »

I get a memory error while loading any mission after installing this mod. When the mission loading screen gets to the "loading humans" part (90-100%), I get the following error message and the game crashes.

I don't think I have any AI mod conflicts. Any ideas?

P.S. this is on my 4.101 SAS ModAct install, not DBW

fokker95

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 08:28:08 PM »

This codefix is specifically for and I am pretty sure it will only work for DBW1.6/Up3

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2011, 04:20:08 AM »

Spookie,
                  the MOD is made to work with the Ships Pack (I think that Archie's) which comes with DBW, UP and I believe that with HSFX5 too. If you don't have it independently MODded in your MODAct, there are units the MOD believes you have and it will crash after not having found them.

Regards,
                     Pablo

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2011, 04:56:22 AM »

Some info (from Wikipedia):

Steam catapult

The use of steam to launch aircraft was suggested by Commander Colin C. Mitchell RNVR,[6] and trials on HMS Perseus from 1950 showed its effectiveness. Navies introduced steam catapults, capable of launching the heavier jet fighters, in the mid-1950s. Powder-driven catapults were also contemplated, and would have been powerful enough, but would also have introduced far greater stresses on the airframes and may have been unsuitable for long use.

Nations that have retained large aircraft carriers and high performance CATOBAR (Catapult Assisted Take Off But Arrested Recovery) (the United States Navy, Brazilian Navy, and French Navy) are still using catapults out of necessity. Other navies operate STOVL aircraft, such the Sea Harrier or AV-8B Harrier II, which do not require catapult assistance, from smaller and less costly ships. The Russian Su-33 "Flanker-D" can take off from aircraft carriers without a catapult, albeit at a reduced fuel and armament load. U.S. Navy tactical aircraft use catapults to launch with a heavier warload than would otherwise be possible. Larger planes, such as the E-2 Hawkeye and S-3 Viking, require a catapult shot, inasmuch as their thrust-to-weight ratio is too low for a conventional rolling takeoff on a carrier deck.

Great British Pathe documentary:

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2011, 05:41:11 AM »

Russia won to develop a steam catapult by himself at 1990 or faster.
Russia could equip steam catapults on aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov.
But by political decision to save building costs, Admiral Kuznetsov had a sky-jump deck instead of steam catapults.
Russia planed that the next carrier equips steam catapults, but the next carrier herself was canceled.

France uses steam catapults on Porte-avions Charles de Gaulle, but those catapults are not developed in France.
They were imported from USA - Type C-11 catapults.
And old Clemenceau also had steam catapults, they were imported from UK - Michel Brown Type BS5 catapults.

Brazil's São Paulo was bought from France , so she is Clemenceau class, her catapults may be UK - Michel Brown Type BS5.
Or... maybe... changed to USA - Type C-11, it's only my imagine.

Now... USA and UK are working to develop new Linear motor catapults for USS Gerald R. Ford class and HMS Queen Elizabeth class 's second ship HMS Prince of Wales.
The first ship HMS Queen Elizabeth will have no catapult - new Linear motor catapults will not be able to develop in time. And planned STOVL airplane F-35B is very very slowly developing , it causes HMS Queen Elizabeth class's trouble. HMS Queen Elizabeth will carry only helicopters, no airplanes.
HMS Prince of Wales will carry F-35C and will be used at CATOBAR.

fokker95

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2011, 10:35:38 AM »

Spookie,
                  the MOD is made to work with the Ships Pack (I think that Archie's) which comes with DBW, UP and I believe that with HSFX5 too. If you don't have it independently MODded in your MODAct, there are units the MOD believes you have and it will crash after not having found them.

Regards,
                     Pablo

pablo, I think when the ship pack was implemented into DBW, they made some changes to the file folders. ie: carrier0 was the graf zeppelin, but they gave it a new name that was more appropriate (ie: Graf Zeppelin) LOL, so i dont think this fix is going to work with an independent Modact install of the original shippack. I am also not sure what HSFX uses for its code, but if it bases it off DBW, then it would work, if it bases it off of an independent install of the ship pack, I am pretty sure it isnt going to work. At least the catapult fixes are not going to work, although perhaps your code might (I am not sure about that portion of it).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 26 queries.