Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Cockpit Sound Effects (Beta 2) - Updated 2011/12/26  (Read 36529 times)

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
Re: Cockpit Sound Effects (Beta) - Updated Nov 30th
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 02:48:12 AM »

Thanks Pablo, more immersion!  ;D

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 05:12:42 AM »

Great stuff, Pablo! Just flew a B17 mission and before being shot down, I heard my crewmen screaming! Hair-raising experience...

LuseKofte

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 06:21:56 AM »

Your the man , THX  :D

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 02:47:17 PM »

Thanks a lot, benitumuso ;D!

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 04:13:19 AM »

benitomuso,

really great effects mate, adds loads to the immersion.

some suggestions for further sounds, as asked for on first page.

1. random talk from crew members on multi-crewed planes. for example when bomb doors are opened the bomb aimer could give "left a bit - steady", etc. Navigator could maybe give weather report, heading info etc, gunners could check in from time to time, engineer give warnings about fuel, engine temp, oil temp. Radio operator give some reports.

None of the above need to be exact, just some random background talk so you do not fell on your own.

2. maybe some messages could be tied in to CY6's excellent C&C 2.0 mod, so that radar operator gives instructions, gunners give warnings , wingmen call out targets etc.

3. Different sound effects when player aircraft hit, depending on what is hit maybe fire sounds,electrical sounds, oxygen/hydraulic sounds. Maybe when a hit is taken in the cockpit the sound of in-rushing air could be heard.

just some suggestions mate.

thanks again

slipper

Remontnik

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 05:25:55 AM »

The conflict to radio navigation.  :'(

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 08:29:30 AM »

benitomuso,

really great effects mate, adds loads to the immersion.

some suggestions for further sounds, as asked for on first page.

1. random talk from crew members on multi-crewed planes. for example when bomb doors are opened the bomb aimer could give "left a bit - steady", etc. Navigator could maybe give weather report, heading info etc, gunners could check in from time to time, engineer give warnings about fuel, engine temp, oil temp. Radio operator give some reports.

None of the above need to be exact, just some random background talk so you do not fell on your own.

2. maybe some messages could be tied in to CY6's excellent C&C 2.0 mod, so that radar operator gives instructions, gunners give warnings , wingmen call out targets etc.

3. Different sound effects when player aircraft hit, depending on what is hit maybe fire sounds,electrical sounds, oxygen/hydraulic sounds. Maybe when a hit is taken in the cockpit the sound of in-rushing air could be heard.

just some suggestions mate.

thanks again

slipper

Slipper,
                        yes I thought about many of your suggestions. The problem with spoken messages (that I agree are typical and very group experience immersive) is the language. It would be necessary to have sampled versions of all what you said in different languages to make them available in-flight. It is possible, but really tedious.

Regarding other stuff, yes it would be nice to have some sounds related to damage condition, like hidraulics, etc., as you suggest, but I don't know from where to take examples. Another thing is that in some planes, the used shelters of ammunition fell directly to plane internal deck, producing a lot of metal sound, unbearable, but very immersive. And I thought about associating some kind of background noise in big planes, that when a tight maneuver is performed, general noise of diverse things falling / moving could be heard.

Regards,
                      Pablo

PD: Remontnik, please post the link to the MOD you mention and I will take a look at how it works

LuseKofte

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 09:33:18 AM »

I cant get it to work, DBW 1,6 . It may be an interfearing mod. I have to check it out when got time

Remontnik

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2011, 09:46:09 AM »

It is radio-navigation from official version 4.101. Try to establish a radio beacon and to catch a signal.

Boelcke

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2011, 10:08:46 AM »

great mod, thx a lot, adds much to immersion :)

@LeOne: I had to place it on top as the first mod loading in the #DBW folder to get it work

LuseKofte

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2011, 04:30:13 PM »

Thanks Boelce now I also got screaming passangers, Pablo if you make them complain about my flying too this would really be fun  :D

Stratodog

• Slightly hypoxic
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2011, 08:15:59 PM »

Thanks Boelce now I also got screaming passangers, Pablo if you make them complain about my flying too this would really be fun  :D

LOL :) :)

OK, I love this mod.  The wound scream is chilling and frightening.
I have a couple of suggestions based on my personal experience.
1) I've actually used airplane oxygen masks in airplanes at high altitude.  The mask makes a sound that is much like the "Darth Vader" breathing sound.  It's the noise of the air being pulled through the mixer on the mask. (unless you select 100% oxygen, you are getting a mixture of cockpit air and air from the bottles.) 
2) I've also done a lot of aerobatics and pulled a lot of G in airplanes.  The sound that you typically make while under G is a straining sound. (you are tensing up all of your abdominal muscles and basically pushing real hard.)  To be a little crude, it sounds much like it would if you were on the toilet with a bad case of constipation and you are pushing real hard to get it out. 

Just my two cents and feed back on this very cool mod. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 25 queries.