Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Cockpit Sound Effects (Beta 2) - Updated 2011/12/26  (Read 36594 times)

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
Cockpit Sound Effects (Beta 2) - Updated 2011/12/26
« on: November 29, 2011, 07:21:39 AM »

Updated Dec 26th, many fixes and improvements (read below):

I have worked on the first beta and now many things have been improved:

-We have brand new breathing sounds with samples made by Steve (stratodog) which are wonderful. We have for mask, Positive G, Negative G, etc.
-I have included the StressFX sounds but I'm not so happy with it. I only made some of those noises available and adapted in a better implemented way of mapping the sounds.
-Now the servo motor turrets are only heard when Top (Dorsal) or Ventral turrets are moving. I know that for many planes (german ones and old ones) this is not proper, but if not tens of checking of what plane is the one which is shooting are required.
-I edited a new sample for the Shells falling that I think is quite good.
-I balanced a lot the volume of the sounds to allow them to be heard in most conditions without affecting or hiding other environemental effects.

Please delete previous Beta and make a frssh installation of this new one.

Regards,
                      Pablo

Credits: Stratodog for recording live the new mask / breathing sounds, Freddy for the original Mask MOD and the GStress coming from Burn, based on Tiger33 work

Original Post:

Some time ago I started a MOD originally oriented to replace the ambient sounds (only because an wasier way of implementing it) of CY6.

I had adapted the Freddy's Oxygen Mask for 4.10 a long time ago, and I have started working over it. Finally I abandoned the idea of the ambient MOD because it was quite complicated to implement different sounds.

But finally I decided to enrich the sound effects in cockpit. So I made this MOD which inherits most of the Freddy's features, changing some behavior plus adding new sounds. These are:

-Breathing very loudly if you are over 3000m (in Il-2 game it means with oxygen mask, and <3000 no mask), as it really is when you wear a mask. I expanded the G over limit sound to affect when you are flying under 3000m too, because tight maneuvers affect pilots at lower altitude too.

-Updated: If you (the pilot, the gunner or wherever position you are) get wounded you will hear a scream. Perhaps a little alarmistic, and it could go against the idea that Man Don't Cry, but being hit by a big bullet always is very painful.   Now in a multi-crew plane, you would be able to hear the screams of other members of the crew if they got injured. It will be much more dramatic that just receiving a message log saying "Ventral gunner wounded", etc.

-Updated: There are three different types of screams: for own pilot, for other crew member and even for death.

-If the health of the pilot (or gunner) is affected, you will start hearing a heart beat in background.

-If the health of the pilot (or the gunner) is very affected, what the game calls "Heavily wounded", you will hear not only the heart beat but a difficult breathing sound too.

-Updated: Some users reported problems listening to these sounds. I confirmed that they were very dependant on the noise of your plane. I adapted it in some way that the much the noiser your engines are, the louder they are played. Now everything is perfectly hearable in practically any circumstance (heavy flak doesn't give you the chance of hearing anything).

Credits: For Freddy from Histomod, who originally developed the Oxygen Mask MOD.

Comments: a class as the one adapted by me (I mean: original Freddy's work was 4.09) is included in AI and Hotkeys MOD, and I suppose that it is my adapted one. But if you load the CockpitSounds MOD after the AI MOD, it will use only the basic Freddy's features (at most), so you have to load this new MOD of mine before any AI and Hotkeys MOD to have it fully operative.

Regards,
                         Pablo

PD: if any has an idea of other sound effects possible, just tell me.

Hangman

• Modder
Re: Cockpit Sound Effects (Beta)
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 08:15:26 AM »

I can't hear any of these sounds :(

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 09:09:20 AM »

I can't hear any of these sounds :(

Hangman,
                    your post is so eloquent as if I would say "I'm unhappy" theorically it means a lot but at the same it doesn't mean anything.

First thing to check: have you really loaded this MOD before #DBW_AIMod, 00000_SAS_AI_Engine_HotKeys_Mod, etc? If you load this MOD after, it will not work, I clearly stated that before.

Regards,
                       Pablo

Hawker17

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 09:41:10 AM »

I like your mod a lot, it brings a lot of extra immersion into this game. The volume of the breathing is also done nicely.

Thanks for this newest IL2 innovation!  :)

By the way, i'm using DBW and in that version it works great.

Hangman

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 09:47:59 AM »

I really checked that I load this mod before anything else

shardana

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 10:06:42 AM »

benito I guess it wouldn't work in 4.09....

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
Re: Cockpit Sound Effects (Beta) - Updated Nov 30th
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 09:47:42 AM »

I really checked that I load this mod before anything else

Check new version. I confirmed that there were some planes where the level of engine noise was so intense that it was impossible to hear the sounds.

Regards,
                      Pablo

Hangman

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 10:29:10 AM »

Thank's now I can hear the breathing but I can't hear screams when someone get wounded I think that jiver's soundmods bullet hit sound cover the scream because the hit sound is so loud

WetZambini

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 11:05:42 AM »

I just noticed that when I switch to the BBC radio station with this mod enabled, I get a CTD. I disabled the mod and no crash. I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this. I am running DBW 1.6. Great mod btw.

Hangman

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 12:23:47 PM »

I disabled jivers soundmod but I can't hear screams this is my DBW situation. In UP3 I can't hear screams only breathing when above 3000m could this be some conf.ini problem.

Hangman

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 02:08:29 AM »

I make fresh DBW installation and enabled only this mod and it still doesn't work

MANYSH

• Modder
  • Shit happend !
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 01:42:28 AM »

very nice mod ! Thank you
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 23 queries.