Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: F6F Hellcat  (Read 26748 times)

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder
Re: F6F Hellcat
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2012, 09:21:42 AM »

What I was questioning is whether the same FMs you made where in the buttons in question or if the planes were using a third party FM. I do not know how the buttons, FM, plane connect in the game. If your flight model is not in that version of buttons who's are?

The original ones of 1C/Oleg Maddox maybe?

CWatson

« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2012, 09:17:33 AM »

I don't know, FM is different than the stcok Hellcats in the game. You want to download the aircraft in my earlier post and give one or more a run and compare results?

Thanks  again,
                     CWatson

duckie

« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2012, 09:06:26 AM »

~S~ to all
loaded HFSX 6.0
was flying F6F-5, taking off from carrier deck of lexington, carrier speed set to 38, having hard time getting off deck with F6F-5,
fuel set to 50%, loadout stock, mixture set to 120%,, can barely clear the water. Even AI F6's hit the drink.
Does it have to do with setting expert mode and all other in game setting set to full real ?
Just wondering

Stratodog

• Slightly hypoxic
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2012, 09:33:05 AM »

I read somewhere that this is a bug that will be worked on.  Haven't tried it my self.

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2012, 08:28:39 PM »

I don't know, FM is different than the stcok Hellcats in the game. You want to download the aircraft in my earlier post and give one or more a run and compare results?

Thanks  again,
                     CWatson

Testing in UP 2.01 and the UP3.0 (without performance figures, but doing a dogfight) I think you are right about the F6F.

CWatson

« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2012, 10:27:43 AM »

Stratodog,

After looking at the files you sent me I see why no one is getting the performance from your Hellcat in the download on this site. In your files it looks like your FM has a modded engine. The SAS 9.7 buttons for 4.09 has your plane using the same engine as the stock Hellcats so the only advantage your plane has over the stock one is less weight.

I also noted on both yours and the stock FM there is a speed limiter at sea level, VmaxH 611kmh, the A6M5b has VmaxH 555kmh for comparison. Both stock and your FM have a cruise speed of 310kmh, the A6M5B 340kmh for comparison . Seems you fixed the F6Fs and the were castrated in the buttons.

CWatson

Stratodog

• Slightly hypoxic
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2012, 02:01:25 PM »

Great find CW, thanks for your efforts.  Perhaps we can get this thing straightened out.  :)

AG-51_Razor

• Air Group 51
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2012, 03:09:51 PM »

~S~ to all
loaded HFSX 6.0
was flying F6F-5, taking off from carrier deck of lexington, carrier speed set to 38, having hard time getting off deck with F6F-5,
fuel set to 50%, loadout stock, mixture set to 120%,, can barely clear the water. Even AI F6's hit the drink.
Does it have to do with setting expert mode and all other in game setting set to full real ?
Just wondering

Duckie, the speed you have set for the Lex, is that 38 kph, or 38 kts? That would be about 18 kts difference in speed. The Navy predicated their flight operations on a wind speed of 31 kts over the deck. So, with no wind, the ship needs to be doing at least 56 kph (31 kts), or put some wind in the mission.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 26 queries.